[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panama City (Panama)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Panama-City-580x300.jpg (63KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
Panama-City-580x300.jpg
63KB, 580x300px
Going to Panama City for 6 days to scuba dive. What fun things are there to do near the city itself or a quick day trip nearby?
>>
>>1178939
I've never been to Panama City myself so feel free to completely disregard my post, but I've heard it's pretty awful. Why go there for scuba anyway? There's way better places to do so in Latin Aerica.
>>
>>1178941
Found a cheap flight there, just worked for my schedule
>>
>>1178939
Panama City is dull as fuck.
Spent 2 days 3 nights there.
Run out of stuff on the second day.
Canals are mildly interesting (much smaller than I imagined).
Stay in the old town,
Go eat in the Seafood market (Mercado de Mariscos).
Shit loads of civeche on the cheap.
Get drunk by the sea side because there is nothing to do.
>>
>>1179691
For two days that doesn't sound terrible
>>
>>1179795
2 days is alright, but OP is spending 6 days.
>>
Panamanian here, the city has little more than expensive bars and the old town to do in the city. You should have made plans to go to Boquete, San Blas, and Bocas, which you could have easily fit into a single 6 day trip and do scuba in those two places.

Like, whoever told you staying in the city to do anything was a good idea?
>>
>>1179970
In San Blas and bocas, I mean.
>>
>>1179970
sort of hijacking the thread, but how nice is Panama city to live? Are there things to do culture-wise? are there many going-out options?
>>
>>1180392
It's kind of like Miami for people that cant afford Miami. Wealthy people from all over latin america move there.

>safe, less crime problems than neighboring countries because the government and banks collude with all of the main traffickers
>air quality is amazing for a latin capital
>weather is good outside of rainy season
>heavy American presence means you can get by with just English other than socially

Places with big economic divides tend to have wealthier people doing a lot of socializing in private clubs, general recreation ones that would have stuff like a pool, restaurant, tennis court, walking track, gymnasium.

If you're an American I wouldn't recommend moving there, but I could see a retiree or telecommuter snowbird going there for the dry season during 'winter'.
>>
>>1180444
This anon is right on the money. Panama is filled with restaurants, theatres, bars, and four malls, but think budget everything and that's the city. Sure, there are expensive restaurant in Panama, but they are expensive not because their plates are worth 30 dollars it's because most people have never had a proper 30 dollar plate. The value to cost ratio diverges quite quickly from that point on. Panamanian decry crime and the sort, but in reality it's relatively low, with the robberies mostly occurring in poor areas and the murders occurring in drug traffic areas, neither of which you should have to ever enter in any case.

Personally, Panama is only a good idea for a move if you are a retiree or if you plan to use it as a remote work/exploration base, or if you want to live a far simpler life outside of the bustle of the city. Other than that, or escaping problems in your country, Panama isn't developed enough to warrant a move.
>>
aw, visited this board just to think about my upcoming week in panama city. I'm more into >>>/an/ than you guys though, so I think it'll be ok
>>
>>1180643
If you like animals, visit the smithsonian visitors marine center in causeway, and go to Summit park.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.