[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taiwan Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: taiwan.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
taiwan.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
Will be visiting Taiwan for five days at the end of this month for the first time. I'm going with my girlfriend.

So far we've discussed visiting temples, night markets, and hiking Yangmingshan.

For those of you that have visited Taiwan, what are the must-sees in your opinion?
>>
The north has Jiufen, the oceanside town that Spirted Away was based on. For sights, Taipei
has 101, Elephant Mountain, Taiwan Democracy Memorial Park, and Tamshui. For art, it has Huashan 1914 Creative Park, Songshan Creative Park & MajiMaji. If you like Myanmarian food, go to Huaxin rd aka "Little Burma". Night Marketwise, Raohe & Linjiang have tons of good food.

The east coast is a nature lovers paradise, you have Yilan / Hualien / Taidong. Yilan I've
yet to go to, but have heard the scenery's good, and it has the Kavalan Whiskey distillery.
Hualien has Taroko Gorge which is impressive. Taidong can take you to some of the outer
islands, Green Island & Orchid Island.

Down south, you have Tainan, Kenting, and Kaohsiung.

Tainan is the old capital, and now the food center of Taiwan. If you like history, go to
Anping or Chikan Tower. For art, go to Qimei Museum, The Cultural Center or Xinmei rd. For
eating as much good food as you can, just walk around Guohua rd / Youai rd, or go to Huayuan night market. You can also get to Penghu Island from Anping.

Kaohsiung is a lot like Tainan, but with more western influence. Here you can find good
European / American food. As for places to see, go to Pier 2, LDR, Xiziwan, Lotus Pond, Fo Guang Shan Temple, Monkey Mountain, Rueifang night market, Cijian Island, Xiaoliuqiu.

Kenting is where everybody goes to the beach.

As for the west, you have Alishan National Park if you like ancient trees. Ershui / Jiji for
cycling in rice paddies / mountains. Yuanlin for a good small town experience. Taichung for
Indian food and Luce Chapel. Miaoli for Tea Sage Hut.

Lmk what you're in to and I can give you more specific suggestions
>>
>>1178549
Me and my gf are planning a 3 day trip to Taipei in January.

She's korean so she loves taking high quality pictures of food. So any specific food recommendations that looks particularly delectable.

Actually she loves taking high quality pictures of everything so if you had a priority list of really beautiful shit to see within a 3 day span I'd greatly appreciate it.

Are the scenic natural beauty places strenuous to get to?

I wrote down a lot of the places you mentioned so thanks for that.
>>
>>1179436
The Taiwanese are also quite fond of taking pics of everything as well, pretty much any food you get at a cafe / resttaurant will be pretty, and some will even help you take pictures.

From Taipei, your best bets for beautiful places are Tamshui, Jiufen and Taroko. The latter two will take a few hrs by train/bus, Tamshui is on the MRT line, and will take bout a 1/2 hr depending on where you're starting from.
>>
>>1179514
dude random anon but thanks for the tips. Ive been saving up myself to visit tw
>>
>>1179514
Thank you.
>>
>>1179436
I reccomend looking of pictoral lists of the best street foods. girls are obsessed with documenting it.

personal faves here include the medicinal herb rib stew and the cube steaks. but literally the sky is the limit. there's so much fucking food that caters to ALL of chinese cuisine with a lot of korean and japanese tastes included.

just look up a picture guide man. it'll take you a solid hour to get through just a visual list.
>>
>>1178549
not op but thanks so much!

i'm heading to taiwan for a 10 day trip with family next week, so need every bit of info, and i think just based on your comment i have nearly enough...

do you have any good tea shops in mind and/or places to drink tea around zhongshan or in the centre of kaohsiung?
also any tea fields that are easy to access around the hsr?
my parents would be into that....

also any tips on where to stay for a night while going from kaohsiung to hualien, so somewhere halfway... much appreciated.

our trip is going to have 2 nights taipei, 2 or 3 nights kaohsiung, 1 night somewhere southeast, 1-2 nights around hualien, then back to the taipei area.

hmm do you know a good place to eat wild boar? or some dishes that have that as a main ingredient?
same goes for any special local fruit or vegetable... aboriginal dishes.
>>
>>1180760
If you're wanting tea, Tainan has a much better selection than Kaohsiung. They have a chain called Brian's that specializes in local blends. I don't know if they've opened up in Kaohsiung at all. Considering how much time you're spending down south, not stopping in Tainan would be a shame. Tea fields are mostly in Nantou / Alishan, which are both in the east, and a ways from the HSR.

Halfway between Hualien and Kaohsiung is Taidong. From there you could do a day trip to Green Island.

As for aboriginal foods, Hualien has some places, unfortuantely I haven't been to any, so I can't give any suggestions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.