[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are all tired of hearing of people who had really tough lives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

We are all tired of hearing of people who had really tough lives and decided to leave it all to go travel around the world.

I was just wondering. If those stories are true, what do we need in order to do that? I mean, there must be somethin we need to have in order for that to be feasable. What is the least we must have? I really want to try and do that with my life. Also, for how long can someone travel until it feels empty and meaningless and you don't want to travel anymore?
>>
>>1177637

Live in a country with very lenient welfare benefits
Or be childless until you are 35ish and invest all your savings into some investment funds and live off its yield
>>
>>1177637
Have you ever heard of a personality profile test? In other words, we're all different. Your life might be meaningless already because you have no spiritual base and never even sought something, or no one has ever loved you (incl your parents), and you have shit for habits and genes (addiction). Would you long for home? Or is your home friends base, house, mattress nothing crave-able? Long for a special someone to spend the glorious travel moments everytime one of them happens because you personally don't feel complete without that life's milestone? So, yea, we're all different. How long have you been at this travel thing, are you a newb, are you low budget, are you poorly educated where you have absolutely no understanding of the humanities nor want one? Would you like a gorgeous sunset on a sailboat as the highlight of your day, or would it suck without some people around you to party with? Do you have a drive to make your parents proud and be making grandchildren, getting some of the toys your peers can afford but you can't, etc.

Most of the people I see who travel are aimless in life and spending savings until it's gone (not very smart). They might have a skill like welding, or oil worker, something in demand but where working gaps aren't cared about. They are post breakup, post work project (and I mean like 3 years of say 90hr workweeks of programming for instance) or not sure what to do next (talent careers or unfinished education). I know some college grads like myself that work per diem, ER doctors, people who do vacation relief for large companies they _used_ to work for at full-time. I know a good number of people who have great investments post tech boom and still going strong through rental properties they maintain, like this guy said, a fixed income you can get by on >>1177640
There are also people who teach abroad, which I don't recommend unless you have some desire to meet your future spouse there.
>>
>>1177637
Answer to all of those is "depends"

For myself, I can't go for longer than a couple of months before it all starts to feel pointless and self-indulgent and want to get home to do something of real value, but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>1177702
I like this guy.

Took me a while to admit it but you basically described me (with aimlessness)
>>
>>1177637

traveling is over rated
>>
File: platypus.jpg (163KB, 585x414px) Image search: [Google]
platypus.jpg
163KB, 585x414px
>>1177766
Why are you here, then?
>>1177702
I understand. It has a lot of "ifs". The thing is, I've only had a real trip once, spend 3 months by myself in germany. It is pretty tiring, in the physical sense, but I just loved it.
I have been having a lot of melancholic feelings lately, about life being pointless and stuff like that, but the hope of being able to travel one day seems to have started a new fire in my soul, and it feels great. I really want to do it, I want to do something spectacular with life.

Problem is I can't think of the after. Maybe I shouldn't think too much forward.

I was just thinking, can I make traveling into the meaning of my life? Can I turn my life into a constant adventure? It would be so amazing.
>>
>>1177637
the internet is the true frontier of modern day life
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.