[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iceland - Honeymoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Unknown.png (503B, 223x160px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
503B, 223x160px
Good evening /trv/,

My fiancee and I are looking at traveling to Iceland for our Honeymoon and wanted to get an idea of what we could see, what are the best activities to do, and how much of the island we could see in the time we have. We will be traveling on August 8, 2017 and can stay between 5 and 9 days. We prefer to self-drive and would love to do a loop of the island. Some of the items we are interested in are: horseback riding, glacier hiking, lava or ice cave (I can't tell what is available in summer), river rafting, snowmobiling, etc. Of course we don't have to do all of those but it gives you an idea of what we are looking for. Any help with a custom itinerary would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anon
>>
>>1177358
You gonna need more than 9 days if you want to do the golden circle.
>>
>>1177358
Bump
>>
Rent a car, or do a few guided tours. Pick one or the other. You can do/see plenty by renting a car and having a GPS or map, though you can make do without those, it's pretty easy to follow the ring road.
9 days will not be enough time to do the entire island.
Heads up: Iceland is expensive as FUCK. Since this is your honeymoon, I'm assuming you will want it to resemble a vacation and not budget travel. Budget at least $150 US dollars per day for food for both of you. Keep in mind, that's not gonna get you any fancy meals. If you want to visit some of the better restaurants, budget more. I recommend picking a few restaurants in Reyjavik and checking out the menus beforehand. Sounds like you guys are adventurous so I'd recommend getting an SUV. You can definitely get away with any vehicle as long as you don't venture more than 20 feet off the ring road, but then you miss out on all the F roads. Like i said, Iceland is expensive as fuck. For 7 days, Budget AT LEAST $1000 for gas.
>>
>>1177358
I feel like I know so many people that are doing their honeymoons in Iceland lately. Most of them have never even been to mainland Europe. Why is this so popular?
>>
stay away! tourists not welcome!
>>
>>1177402
>You gonna need more than 9 days if you want to do the golden circle.
The Golden Circle is a common name for the 3-highlight tour (Thingvellir, geysirs, Gulfoss) that can be completed in a single day of touring.
To completely drive the Ring Road 1 around the island it's a min 7days, should be 10+

For a 5 day trip, you will have to understand that you will be driving to a sight followed by backtracking to Reykjavik, and that it takes 2x as long to do a place, with driving to and from the city. it's not at all the same thing as 2 days shy of circling the island. So, you will have to compromise on the fact that you can't go in 2 directions and you will have to pick one or the other, once you finish with Reykjavik, golden circle, and blue lagoon. You can squeeze those into 2 days, and that give you 2-3 more nights. Since it's a honeymoon, you should attempt to stay at Hotel Budir and move yourself north to the Snaefellsnes peninsula, circle it, walk on the lava fields around the hotel, and to the beaches which have outstanding basalt formations and lots of ocean life like seals, hike into the crack there that inspired Jules Verne, (need a guide for another cool) guided hike, can also go to a weird outdoor pool with green algae accent, and watch the northern lights over your bed with the skylights(!) or on the rooftop deckchairs. On your day's drive to Budir, you can stop is Bogarnes at the Settlement museum tour Egil's saga is my favorite tour), and veer a couple hours for some time near Reykholt for a dip in Snorri's pool, bruaurfoss, glymur and some cool steam vents. Snaefellsnes can be circled in a day, and worth the drive. Gorgeous on the north side and the shark meat guy is there.
You can get also squeeze in a visit to Laugarvatn Fontana spa for sunset and selfoss. Easily squeeze in a horse ride, lava tour in your time.
>>
>>1177864
>I feel like I know so many people that are doing their honeymoons in Iceland lately. Most of them have never even been to mainland Europe. Why is this so popular?
It's common couples want some solitude. A self-drive vacation is a peaceful honeymoon. Iceland is beautiful and doesn't have an immigrant problem to bring a happy couple down into depression. It's also peak of summer, and not too damn hot for people who don't want a beach vacation.
>>
>>1177358
Go to the penis museum. Just 10 kr entrance fee. Cheapest on the island. Also they charge you to use the toilets at gullfoss.

I went in the summer. Golden circle was overrated but in the winter might be all you can see. Thorsmurk is closed off and that's where the best trail past the volcano and a great view of skaftafell is.
>>
>>1177358
I spent a couple days in Iceland last August on my way to the Netherlands.

I got a good deal on a manual transmission car from Thrifty car rentals. The one in Reykjavik is right by a Bonus so you can stock up on supplies. Prepare for tourists to be everywhere though.

Go to Hveragerdi on the south side of the island and hike up to the geothermal river, that was my favorite part of my trip.

Also, treat your partner to a meal at the tapas place in downtown Reykjavik, it's called Tapas Barinn.
>>
File: P1040169.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P1040169.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
>>1177960
>olden circle was overrated but in the winter might be all you can see.

Gullfoss was pretty spectacular in the winter, though. Pics don't do it justice. And, I just noticed that "justice" is "just ice!" THIS MEANS SOMETHING!
>>
>>1178020

That's gorgeous! I want to go back again to be honest. In the summer there was no northern light action
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.