[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immigration to USA USA USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: Ruski.jpg (80KB, 590x797px) Image search: [Google]
Ruski.jpg
80KB, 590x797px
Hey guys. Ur Russian boy here. Recently i found out that i want to live my entire live in USA (that came up after travelling across Russia, middle east, europe and living in US for 3 months as workandtravel-slave. So i am looking for an advise where to settle from my murican comrades.

Now a bit bout me. I am 21 years old white male (god have mercy on my sinful soul) with a really good knowledge of english, i have a bachelor degree at management and small-medium business administration. Got some experience in holding up a real retail business.

I am looking for a place that would bring me close to nature(mountains, ocean, cascade of lakes, fresh air - choose one) but still be a nice place where would be some activities for young-lings and the economy would be great enough (jobs, money in pockets of the locals to buy shit from me). The perfect place is a medium sized town with a nice warm mild climate in an hour from a huge megalopolis like Colorado springs(but people say it's super dull in there for a young guy)

Above all sad, i can bring around 300k$ with me in gross. So the place must be cheap enough for me to buy a nice house(180 - 240k)
Any car that's work(3 - 7k) some everyday needs till i start earning shekels (5 - 10k) and to start my own small business (40 - 60k).
>>
BTW. Good laws on pot is a significant plus! Peace.
>>
What are you going to do about Visa/ legal residency?
>>
>>1177290
Yea, forgot to say that i was lucky enough to win a green card. yolololo
>>
>>1177285

Benton County, Washington. Reasonably close to Portland, Seattle, Spokane, and Boise. Low cost of living. Economy is doing well. 85% white. Good access to nature (mountains, rivers, ocean). Legal marijuana, nice mild climate. Good luck!
>>
File: sss.png (512KB, 1219x744px) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
512KB, 1219x744px
>>1177431
That's seems to be a cool place and the house prices are good but damn, almost 200miles away from a big city, I am looking for something that would take no more than an hour of driving so i could work there if i dont find anything good nearby or, you know, go out for some nightlife. But i will consider it anyway.

There is town called Moscow nearby, lol. it's like i never moved anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 479x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 479x567px
>>1177285
> 21 yr old
> has 300 k
> went for work and travel
Nu ne pizdi, manya, ne pozor stranu, this is some serious bullshit right here
>>
>>1177445
300k s prodashi hati v DC kotoraya dostalas v nasledstvo a W&T prosto chtobi potysit s dryzashkami bez zaebow. rebotal 3 dna v nedely.
>>
Really anywhere in the Northwest
>>
>>1177447
Nu togda udachi, bro. Tolko America dorogaya doxuya. Thought about cheaper options?
>>
>300k in savings
Is there any exception for investing money that covers your savings that could get you citizenship faster? USA loves people who either work or bring money to invest.
>>
>>1177285

check out portland, oregon, has everything you are looking for
>>
>>1177500
Da dymal no kak to lychshe nichego ne nashel.
>>
>>1177506
i will invest part in opening my own business, but i dont have 500k to make it into business visa, maybe u know something else?
>>
>>1177527
real estate in portland costs too much for my budjet. u can only buy a shack for this money. i would try rent but i really want to live in my own house =(
>>
>>1177292
Elaborate on how you "won" a green card please.
>>
>>1177557
not him but when people suggest a city like portland or seattle it also means the surrounding suburbs which would be closer to your requests anyway.

30-45 minutes in any direction from seattle or portland is pretty nice
>>
Buffalo, NY area is perfect for your situation (specifically North Tonawanda, NY, with its large Russian/Ukranian/Belurussian population). You can buy a gorgeous house in NT for that amount of money. Enormous business growth in Buffalo right now. If you're smart (and maybe a bit lucky) you could make a fortune by buying a modest 100k house here and using 200k of that money to launch a business. I can give you much more information if you want.
>>
>>1177285
BTW, pot laws are virtually unenforced in certain parts of the Buffalo area but be careful in the small towns (including NT)- the worst you get is a violation if caught with a personal amount though in this state (a violation is similar to a speeding ticket- a pain in the ass and annoying expense but not technically a criminal offense)
>>
>>1177718
Damn man, that's a nice advise. Houses are super cheap a legit and nature seems good. Plus closenes to Canadian border must be opening some good feuters for logistic and trade business. Could u tell more about economical situation and what people are there? wiki tells that it had 7% unemployment rate which is pretty high.
>>
>>1177285
I don't know if you're still watching this thread, but I want you to know I hope you make it here in America, Ivan
>>
File: Vladimir_Putin_in_KGB_uniform.jpg (28KB, 200x315px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir_Putin_in_KGB_uniform.jpg
28KB, 200x315px
>>1177285
Jesus Ivan.

> 300k at 21 and a green card won out of nowhere

Do you work for FSB or something ?
>>
>>1177285
>>1177288
California and Oregon, take your pick from any of the smaller cities that surround the larger ones.

The Bay area may be too expensive for you but any smaller cities around Los Angeles and San Diego should be fine. Oregon might be too cold and wet for you.

You will be close to mountains, ocean, fresh air, and possibly some lakes, you will get the temperature you want, and you are near some of the biggest cities in America. Getting a job in management will be easy around the bigger cities, especially if you commute.

You will need to get a smaller house than other places, but what you are paying for is location.

If the above isn't what you are looking for, I'd recommend the East coast (New York specifically) depending on how you can handle their winters and humid summers.
>>
Possibly a town outside of Richmond Virginia? I recently went there and man did I love it more than Boston.
>>
Guy suggesting Buffalo region commenting here so I remember to respond in the morning when I'm sober... are you still watching OP?
>>
Yea im still here and i really happy to get so many replyes. Thank you for all the advices and im still curious if u have something to tell. People like u guys is the reason i fell in love with america and no matter where life will bring me i will do my best to become a part of your society u will be proud with.
>>
>>1178192
Waiting to hear more, comrad
>>
>>1178079
I will have to kill u if i tell
>>
>>1178071
Thank you for your support, sir. It really means alot for me
>>
>>1177431
>>1177442
I can vouch for this Anon. I have live here my whole life as well as travelled and stayed in other parts of the country for a few months at a time. There is no where else I would rather live.

Although there are some notes.
>Benton County isnt the whole Tri Cities area. Dont believe the 85% white statistic, that is really only true in Richland. Real statistics for all cities combined are closer to 60-70s% white, 1% black, 30ish% mexican(half that Illegals)
>great economy, 2007-2011 we had no recession, the local economy is stimulated by billions in federal dollars.
>because of the great economy house prices continually rise, but are still reasonable, great place for property investment
>medium sized metro area constantly expanding, enough of a small town feel to still comfortably own small - medium sized business, and easily grow. My family has ran medium - large scale business here for 40 years.
>yes your 3.5 hours from seattle or portland. But the drive is short and nice enough that its tollerable.
>theres a decent nightlife scene, a few clubs. The rivers are also full of fun, make friends with somone with a boat
>oh and did i mention a good sized Russian/ukranian population!
>>
File: Al.png (108KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Al.png
108KB, 1000x1000px
>21 year old comp science student, graduated uni in september
>only work experience is 5 years part time in mcdonalds since the age of 16
>gonna start a career in software development or some shit soon
Is it possible for me to ever immigrate into the USA? You guy's don't exactly seem short of computer science graduates. What are the odds of me getting a few years of work experience in this field and then getting a US based company to take me on? OP's post has reminded me of the horrendous reality I have to face of spending the rest of my life in the UK.
>>
>>1178683
Working with computers is probably one of the best opportunities you have for migrating to the US, anon. With the number of tech companies here, there's a perpetual shortage of programmers, etc. Also, it isn't difficult to apply to jobs online. Get some experience, get your resume together, apply for a shit ton of positions online, and see what happens.
>>
>>1177285
>Not moving to the comfiest city on the NA continent, i.e. Victoria, BC
I mean, yeah, go for it, anon. Woohoo, USA.
>>
>>1178697
Try to contain your butthurt. OP is Russian, not Chinese.
>>
>>1178683
Find an American woman, date, get married after a few years, file an I-130 with USCIS, done.
>>
>>1178683
Whats so bad about uk? Never been there but all super rich russian maggots are dieing to immegrate there. Though as fare as i know weather there is simmilare to St. Petersbourg which is complete swamp bullshit
>>
>>1178670
Well, for now i find it one of the main options for me. I just cant let go this Colorado springs. I mean pictures of the surrounding nature are stunning. + Locating high in the mountains feels safer from different disasters. You see, i was living my whole life deep inside the continent where people dont know whats floods, tsunamis, earthquekes, hurricains. And when i stayed in myrtle beach in SC and saw a real tropical storm - i nearly shitted my pants. I know its not a big deal actually, and rarely anyone get hurt, but dame.
>>
>>1178683
it's a lot easier to immigrate to canada than america, america lets in 3 times more immigrants, but is 10 times bigger

>>1178799
housing is expensive-just about everything is, weather is shit, taxes are high, if you aren't upper class culture is shit
>>
>>1177718
The downside is that upstate New York is a shithole.
[spoiler]originally from binghamton[/spoiler]
>>
>>1178800
Yeah the only natural disasters eastern washington gets are wildfires. I cant imagine being in a tornado or hurricane.

I so agree colorado is an awesome place. I dont know specifically Colorado springs area but every part I have been to I liked after i got used to the climate.
>lots of snow
>high altitude so hard to breath at first if your active

But if you aclimate and like the snow its beautiful in colorado
>>
consider somewhere like Woodburn, Oregon, here are some pros
>population is relatively small
> about 15 mins from Salem (capital of Oregon, not much to do) and 30 mins to portland
>pretty centrally located
>relatively cheap housing by comparison to portland and salem
>has a high immigrant population, predominantly mexican, however second place goes to Russian immigrants
>>
>>1178889
The Rockies are a mediocre baseball team though
>>
>>1178982
Salem 2 sPooky 4 me. Wiches will turn me into alchoholick bear. Oh wait, i already am.
>>
>>1179012
Never understood baseball you basicely just sit there and get drunk on cheap beer and eat hotdogs
>>
>>1179061

Hopefully you are the Russian, The salem witch trials was on the east coast, in Massachusetts, which is like 2500 miles away...
>>
>>1179062

what else is there? xcept its expensive cheap beer
>>
Disgusting liberashka
>>
>>1179062
That sounds like a question a communist would ask. There is nothing more American than baseball

Got to /sp/ and ask them why a city like Chicago might care about baseball
>>
>>1178726
Underrated
>>
>>1177718

Yeah, but it'll cost you 100k a year to have someone shovel all that snow away. Even for a Russian I'll bet he's never seen snow like that
>>
>>1177285

Carson city, Nv. Reno is 45 min and Lake Tahoe is 45 min the other way. it has reasonable housing and room to expand, no sales tax on nv so you save money there.

Sacramento is reasonable on houses. Stay away from Stockton as theres plenty of cheap houses, but its a shithole
>>
>>1177290

omg, just tell them you're mexican
>>
>>1179194

yeah, the hotdogs and cheap beer are a pasttime for the next 100 years til they win another series
>>
>>1177285
OP, I'm no American but I just wanted to point out that you sound like an A+ fellow.

Americlaps are lucky to have you as an immigrant. Good luck out there.
>>
>>1179265
For every one cool Russian there's a thousand shit Mexicans.

Tell Putin to help us, op.
>>
>>1177285
just moved to seattle from michigan (have lived / travelled all over the world) and this is probably my favorite place I've been. It's got everything I need...40 minutes from old growth forests and mountains, beaches and surfing and sailing galore, fishing and hunting, wine, women, and song, the works. If you have a small amount of hustle you can make it in this place. It has a reputation for being rainy and wet during the winter and spring, but so far it's not too bad. Not shirtless beach weather, but coming from the frozen tundra of michigan it's quite nice.
>>
>>1179062
There gonna deport your ass right away with that attitude
>>
>>1179322
U have no idea how many shithead russians we have here but fortunately for u and probably for me they are too patriotic or dumb to move anywhere.
>>
>>1179452
Maybe they will let it go if i love american football and hockey?
>>
>>1179452
Maybe they will let it go if i love american football and hockey
>>
>>1179251
We have shovels instead of hands. Thats the reason we make such crappy cars
>>
>>1177285
I'm thinking of going to USA with the W&T program myself. currently wondering on what cities i should focus to look for a job. any advice?
>>
>>1180156
you could sell icecreams under the mount rushmore
>>
>>1179481
Are you still coming after this election, Ivan?
>>
>>1178800
Colorado Springs has great connections to nature. Many 14ers within 2 hours, great climbing even closer. The pictures show you Red Rocks Park and Garden of the Gods. Fantastic places, but very much in the city.

I don't know you, mate. But Colorado Springs is to sprawling and redneck to my tastes. Too conservative. If that's your taste, go for it. Fort Collins is smaller and nicer but a bit further from the best scenery in the state.

Denver Area is more cosmopolitan. A bona fide big city but has amazing access to the Rockies. That's the best place for you to meet other younglings. Hip neighborhoods, lots going on downtown, etc. If you want cheaper housing, try Golden or any number of Denver exurbs.

Or you could live in the mountains. Too many towns to list. But Denver/Boulder, Ft. Collins and the Springs are the only real cities in Colorado.

Oh, and Grand Junction. Close to Utah, more of a backwater. Meth'd out over there.
>>
>>1180272
Well, sure. I live under the rulership of a much more powerful dictator all my life so.Trump unlikely gonna surprise me anyhow. Above that president of the US allowed to do only 1/10 things our allmighty emperor can.
>>
>>1177285
>i can bring around 300k$ with me in gross
>Got some experience in holding up a real retail business.
Чтo зa биз?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.