[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I TALK to people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: turing plaque.png (2MB, 1293x1005px) Image search: [Google]
turing plaque.png
2MB, 1293x1005px
I'm not good at talking to people, and I don't enjoy it that much.

I travel to see places of beauty or historical significance. But most of the time there will, obviously, be people there. Either people trying to make a living off tourists, locals, or just fellow travellers.

How do I get better at interacting with these people? My friends tell me of times they've made friends with some local and been invited to crazy parties, or how they blagged their way into X or Y with a silver tongue, etc etc and it makes me envious.

I'm just too shy to be a good traveller, plus the language barrier is often a problem too.
>>
Read on PUA and practice
>>
>>1176157
alcohol
>>
>>1176159
>Implying PUA is a good idea

Anon, you've gotta remember the golden rule of social anxiety - fake it till you make it. Just pretend to be confident and outgoing and you'll probably end up actually being it.
>>
>>1176157
How to develop social skills is really more of an /adv/ topic than /trv/, maybe try there.
>>
>>1176193

I meant the more specific case of: how do i talk to strangers while travelling

Like locals or whatever.

I have no problems talking with people I know at home.
>>
>>1176196
How do you talk to strangers at home? Do that when traveling.

If you don't talk to strangers at home, then yeah, it's not really a travel issue and maybe try /adv/. Not to say you won;t get anything from this thread, just giving you another option.
>>
>>1176197

Nobody talks to strangers in my country, its very taboo. Its why I have trouble visiting other, more jocular places.
>>
>>1176198
Where are you from?
>>
>>1176199

Southern England.
>>
>>1176200
People don't talk to strangers in Southern England?
>>
>>1176203

Not unless we have to. When I went to America I was always shocked when strangers would come up and ask me "So, where are you from?" or coming up and giving me travel tips. Where I come from its very strange to do that kind of thing.

We'll answer pleasantly enough if the stranger initiates conversation, but we'll never start a conversation of our own voilition.

When you live in a crowded country people value each other's personal space.
>>
>>1176157
>I'm not good at talking to people, and I don't enjoy it that much.
>I travel to see places of beauty or historical significance. But most of the time there will, obviously, be people there. Either people trying to make a living off tourists, locals, or just fellow travellers.
>How do I get better at interacting with these people? My friends tell me of times they've made friends with some local and been invited to crazy parties, or how they blagged their way into X or Y with a silver tongue, etc etc and it makes me envious.

There is something weird about that question. Like, you say you don't enjoy talking to other people, yet you want to learn it. If you don't enjoy the company of strange people, why would you want to be invited to a party in the first place. If you simply want to get good deals or travel tips from locals I'd say... just ask them? In most places people are friendly enough to at least put you in the right general direction. Other than that people who generally hang around in that area don't have to bother you, at all, do they?

Maybe you could rephrase your question.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.