[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK to Brussels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: brussels_wide.jpg (301KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
brussels_wide.jpg
301KB, 1920x600px
I'm travelling to Brussels from the UK later this season, on a shitty Ryanair flight to the South Charleroi Airport. Any advice on how to get into the city centre from there? I know there is a shuttle bus for about £14, but are there any other options, such as a train? I'm having trouble sorting through these websites in French.
>>
Taxi will cost you like 40 euro.
>>
Maybe walk to one of the nearby suburbs and take the bus from there, because airport shuttle prices are often inflated?
It is a long-ass bus journey, it's not gonna be the same price as the bus to your local Aldi.
>>
>>1176032
Fair point about inflated prices, just not sure where I can walk to from the airport that will be feasible on foot. Has anyone here made the trip themselves?
>>
I've made that trip a few times. When you exit the airport go to the left and at the end there will be a bus stop where a bus will take you to the train station. It's 5€ and you can pay by hand to the driver. At the station buy a GoPass One to Brussels which is 6€ and take the next train.
>>
You can check the train arrangements in english here: http://www.belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-routeplanner/query.exe/nn?ld=std&OK#focus
>>
>>1176036
>>1176042

Thank you guys, super helpful to know I can just buy the tickets in person instead of worrying about online. Do you know the names of the stations near the airport and in Brussels so I can map it out?
>>
>>1176049
charleroi sud is where the bus takes you. Then depending where you want end up in brussels - probably brussels central (or exit at brussels nord for the whores)
>>
>>1176049
Every time I've taken a plane at Charleroi I went by car so don't know about any bus transfer between train station and aerport. As for trains: from the aerport, take whatever bus you're supposed to, to the train station "Charleroi-Sud". On weekdays there are trains leaving every half hour for Antwerpen (in the station this will likely be referred to as "Anvers-Centrale"), passing through all the stations in Brussels (south, central, north).

This gives some more info about bus and train from and to the aerport: charleroi-airport.com/en/acces/train-bus/index.html
Under 'acces - shuttle buses' there's a link for a bus directly from the aerport to Brussels, don't know anything about it though and it seems equally as expensive as just taking a bus and then train
>>
File: leo ant.jpg (645KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
leo ant.jpg
645KB, 1600x900px
>>1176055
>>1176057
Again, very helpful lads, thanks for the info. Not sure what the train prices are but I'm sure it'll be cheaper than cabbing it. Thanks again!
>>
>>1176036
>buy a GoPass
How old is OP?
>>
>>1176124
25, so looks like I'll still be able to qualify.
>>
>>1176129
Yup.

Also, a taxi driver will most likely approach you to take a shared cab with a couple of other recent arrivals from the bus stop to the train station for the exact same price (€5). They're not strictly allowed to do this, but usually it is a big quicker than waiting for the bus.
>>
If you're older than 25, the bus + train option will cost 5 + 10 euro, not much cheaper that 17 euro for the direct bus. When I flew out of Charleroi, I tried walking from Courcelles-Motte train station which is closer to the airport than Charleroi-Sud (and the ticket to Brussels from there costs 7 euro), but it was awful - the airport is NOT designed for walking in, I had to do a huge detour along the car route.
A good option is blablacar, you can find rides to/from the airport for 5-7 euro there. I'd suggest checking it out, if no good deals you can always use the bus.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.