[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling to Brazil soon (Sao Paulo). I know the usual safety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: brasile_banner_dx.jpg (203KB, 582x275px) Image search: [Google]
brasile_banner_dx.jpg
203KB, 582x275px
Travelling to Brazil soon (Sao Paulo). I know the usual safety tips to keep in mind and I'm fully aware the city is significantly more violent than most large western cities. I will be renting a car while I'm there so my question is how safe is it to use my phone as satnav on the car dashboard while driving? Keep in mind this isn't a tourist trip so I will be sticking to the city's commercial centre between Brooklyn and Aclimacao for the most part and one small trip to the countryside in Salto de Pirapora. Will having a smartphone on the windshield make me a magnet for robberies, or is it something criminals aren't interested in anymore? All driving will be done during the busier hours between 7am and 10pm.
>>
well mr. centre since you outted yourself as some fruity spelling pussy britnadian type mark you gonna get robbed and carjacked regardless.
>>
File: 4th of july celebration.jpg (30KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
4th of july celebration.jpg
30KB, 448x336px
>>1175233
>carjacked
I'm going to Brazil not America, friend.
>>
>>1175230
phones are always a target since importing them is still so expensive and Sao Paulo has lots of street sellers and pan handlers who will probably run into traffic and shit so idk maybe not in your dash mate
>>
>>1175253
Ah that sucks, I'm terrible with directions and will really need to be using that car.
If you're Brazilian, what do you do if you have to drive to a place you haven't been before? Just memorize the route before heading off?
>>
>>1175230
Do you really want to drive in São Paulo!? I think it is better for you to use subway. There you can go to intermunicipal bus station and then to Salto do Pirapora.
>>
>>1175254
>If you're Brazilian, what do you do if you have to drive to a place you haven't been before?

I'd just open the car's windown and ask for directions.
>>
ameriburger here, I drove in SP and it was really obvious me and my friends are clueless rich americans and we never had problems. Brooklin at night isn't as sketch as I imagined, but I would obviously stay in well populated areas.
>>
>>1175230
>Will having a smartphone on the windshield make me a magnet for robberies,
Uber drivers here do that all the time, don't worry. Just keep your windows closed
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.