[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (7KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7KB, 249x203px
Hey guys, this is likely a common question but what do you guys to for work?

I'd love to hear what you all do to fund your trips and especially from those of you who travel for work.
I'm unsure about my career path so i'm hoping to get some ideas and inspiration from you guys
>>
>>1174987
Made an app – sold it to US company. Would recommend as career path.
>>
>>1174987
Welder.
At least I'm trying to be one.
>>
>>1174987
I teach English to maintain myself abroad while I try to make something of my artwork. I'd recommend it as an easy way to travel and save some money, but I can't imagine teaching would be tolerable for more than a few years unless that's your thing.
>>
Hospitality work. Easy to find work and easy to leave a job. Sure it doesn't pay well but in Australia it pays well enough. 60k a year isn't bad but you have to like it to do well in it
>>
At the very beginning of my career now, I've just finished my studies but diplomacy as of now
>>
>>1175075
Can I ask you about what kind of internships and fields you studied etc. I'm also interested in getting in to it and I'm trying to decide on what kind of master program I should study.
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 1600x900px
>>1174987
Management consulting.
Last resort of slavery
>>
>>1175082
Sorry for the late answer. Anyway,

BA Political Science with a focus on international relations and economic; 1 year exchange in a german speaking university where I only took economics class to at least have a background.
Worked 6 months as a journalist (intern) in a local newspaper. The newspaper wasn't big, but I had articles with my signature in it the first week and I had actual responsabilities.
Then MA in political science / economics with a focus on international political economy. As of now intern in an embassy as political counsellor
>>
I go to Uni and I cook pizza on the side.
>>
General Labor, usually seasonal stuff. I try to stay indoors in the summertime and everyone is looking for employees willing to be outside in winter. Working with airlines on the runway, railroad maintenance, agriculture, parks districts, logging, whoever is hiring really. The jobs are easy to get and easy to leave, and over the course of a few months of work I can save up enough for a good month or two of travel.

I can't commit for shit. I'm a fickle chronic underachiever so I dropped out of college and figured what I do for work doesn't have to define who I am. Wouldn't mind a steady position as a railroad conductor though
>>
Data analyst for a large corp
The money is great and the fact that the people who are smart enough to do it are out there looking for a "challenge" makes it a high demand thing

I get plenty of paid vacation too so it's comfy
>>
>>1175030
I once met an Australian welder who travelled a lot. That doesn't happen to be you?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.