[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just how expensive is Zurich for a traveller ? I mean specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So just how expensive is Zurich for a traveller ? I mean specifically for beer, local food (mid range) and transport.

t. Londoner
>>
>>1174512
Very. If you have been to Oslo, expect it to be about similar.

t. Zuricher
>>
Food and drink are very expensive. A 9 Franc beer is not out of the question. Street food is a bit cheaper. I was there a few weeks ago and we survived on street sausage. That said it's a really cool city worth visiting.
>>
>>1174512

The only thing that is not overexpensive is the trolley, think it's about the same price per day as in London.

Eating at a restaurant goes from 30 to 60 CHF (just main course and drinking)
Beer is 7 for 0.5l at a bar
>>
>>1174550
I've been to Oslo and Stockholm but that was before I got used to London prices so dont really remember.

>>1174554
Is 9CHF the standard though ? I mean you can find that in London but people would still think you're a fuckhead for charging that much.

When you say street food what do you mean exactly - from kiosks/carts ?

Anything in particular I shouldn't miss there (I plan on taking some suggestions from wikitravel) ? Im only there for 24 hours and only because of a concert.
>>
>>1174556
Beer price is like London then, but honestly I thought it would be cheaper....

From 30CHF for food though - seriously ? Even for local food ?
>>
>>1174560

You can get beer from the supermarket for 1 CHF.
Bars/Restaurants have the biggest margins on drinks, so it's that high.

30 CHF is mid range. You get cheaper stuff from kebab stands (15 CHF with drink). Or Sandwiches from Markets. They pricey stuff is meat. If you don't eat meat, things will get alot cheaper.

Zurich has a lot of ripoffs
>>
>>1174561
I don't eat meat, but will i find things in local restaurants ? I just want rösti desu
>>
How about you save money by not drinking beer?
>>
>>1174562

lel, i guess there are more restaurants with italian, thai or indian food than swiss.

http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/en/home
looks ok but also expensive
>>
>>1174562
>I don't eat meat, but will i find things in local restaurants ? I just want rösti desu
Hit up a restaurant rankings like tripadvisor, put in zurich, category traditional european food, rank by price like $ vs $$$$, and look for a few that have their menus online and take a peek at the prices. Or you type "best rosti" and you end up on some rankings and find little charmers like this 15th century monastery....where rosti is USD$1 in the exchange rate. Doesn't seem a bad deal.
http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/home
>>
>>1174567
What am I, muslim ?

>>1174568
Tofu never screams m8. I would prefer a Swiss place, but will have to see. Anyway I'm only going because of the concert, I have in my mind that Zurich will be about as interesting as frankfurt, or is that unfair ?
>>
>>1174574
Cheers m8
>>
>>1174575
Zurich is not as boring as Frankfurt, but it doesn't have that much either. The nicer and more interesting things are outside of Zurich. If you're going to spend a day in Zurich, take a cruise on the lake, and maybe go to the zoo, it's a nice one. A good daytrip is Luzern, much prettier than Zurich, and about one hour away by train.
>>
>>1174512
yo i spent like 30 francs or something for two kebabs and a drink fuck man it was brutal. zurich is sick though bud
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.