[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything fun in the Salem Area?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 2559105_ma_salem.png (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2559105_ma_salem.png
38KB, 300x300px
Me and some friends are going on a trip to Salem Massachusetts. What are some interesting things to do there or in the area? We re open to the idea of going to Boston should there be not too much beyond the witch stuff in Salem. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1173669
I'm from Boston and I was in Salem just a few days ago.

There wasn't really much to do there -- you could stretch out a day trip, but I was done after maybe four hours.
I didn't go into any witch related museums or the House of the Seven Gables -- so you could do that -- but the main witch museum (it looks like an old church) is apparently shit.

Surprisingly enough, by far the most interesting area for me was the Salem Maritime National Historic Site (wharf area) and the surrounding buildings which had nothing to do with witches.
The witch/Halloween stuff is mostly touristy crap.

Boston and Cambridge are far more interesting.
>>
>>1173694
Any recommendations for those two places?
>>
>>1173826
not the other guy who replied but if its your first time in boston walk the freedom trail. you will see most of the things that are to be seen and its hard to get lost.

castle island in southie is off the beaten path but a favorite of mine personally.

eat at Yankee lobster.

go to a bruins game if you are into sports.

cambridge harvard square is cool to see, union if you are into food, davis is good if you are college aged.

salem is cool for a day trip right now just cuz there is a ton of Halloween stuff going on but i dont think you could get must more than a day out of it.
>>
Newburyport is a cool little town, not much to do there. Like the other guy said Salem is a day trip. Boston is by far where you will spend most of your time.
>>
>>1173842
bostonian here, 2nding the rec on yankee lobster that shit is great.

salem is actually pretty shit to be honest with you, not as spooky as one would think. there's some festivals going on, but most of the fun is just walking around and checking out the sites and some shops

desu if you google "tourist things to do in boston" is pretty much the only stuff to do in this city for new people. i know thats a shitty answer but people make this place out to be some giant tourist area when in reality it's not all that great for visitors.
>>
>>1173694
This. Salem is an overcrowded tourist trap this time of year.

Just get drunk at some old school taverns on the wharf.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.