[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys im travelling for the first time and wanted to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473815639110.gif (1MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473815639110.gif
1MB, 280x280px
Hey guys im travelling for the first time and wanted to talk about planes. Im going uk to SEA and was looking at splashing out first class. Is it worth it? I have this horrible image of being stuck crammed next to 2 obnoxious people for 18 hours. Also general air travel experiences thread.
>>
>>1163171
If you're rich, go for it.
I would never ever in my life do that, though.
You could buy a car for the price of first class tickets. The people buying them must be really rich.
>>
I like the idea of earning €1000+ for being mildly uncomfortable for 18 hours.
>>
>>1163177
Brilliantly put.

>>1163171
"Is it worth it" is always totally subjective. If you can afford it, and want to spend your money on being really comfy during the flight instead of mildly uncomfortable, I guess it would be worth it.

Get an aisle seat in coach, you'll be fine, that's my advice.
>>
>>1163171
I've only been in business class for long-hauls, not First, which I've only experienced a couple of times and only on shorter flights. It is, without question, a far more comfortable experience. I'm sure first on whatever carrier you use will be quite luxurious.

However, I have never paid full fare for the big seats--always used miles or status upgrades. I wouldn't do it with my own money, because far superior though it is, it still seems overpriced, and I can endure anything for less than 24 hours. An aisle seat in coach on any non-budget Asian carrier means free booze, decent food, and a reasonable likelihood of sitting next to a tiny little old Chinese lady who will probably not even try to talk to you or use the armrest.

I've been on a lot (dozens) of coach flights to/in the far East and have only once been impinged upon by a fellow passenger. And although he was really annoying, he was also sort of fascinating: a Pakistani guy who worked in some kind of import-export capacity in Central Asia, on a Thai flight to Bangkok from Lahore, he spoke almost no English but pretty good Russian, which I also speak. He immediately got ferociously drunk and complained for the entire flight about how much he hated Pakistan. I wound up translating his sloshed Russian into Thai for the nonplussed flight attendants, who somehow kept serving him throughout the journey, or until he passed out. He came to to ask me where to find Russian women in BKK nightclubs.
>>
>>1163171
You could look at Business Class or Econ Plus, paying outright for a First Class ticket yourself isn't really worth it.
>>
Cheers guys. So its not that bad flying economy then? Should i stop listening to my tv lol ?,
>>
>>1163176
As a rule, only the very rich pay out of their pocket for first class tickets. Most people flying first class are high-powered executives or big-name politicians who are not paying personally, or frequent flyers with more points than they know what to do with or were lucky enough to get bumped up.
>>
Like everyone has said, it all depends on how much you can afford and what the price difference is. Is paying for business/first over economy something you can afford without trouble? Then go for it. Will it put a serious dent in your wallet? Then better not.

I fly only business or first these days in long haul. But I have a well paid job and can afford it. The much more comfier flight makes is so much more tolerable, and you also gain time. By flying in business or first, you get to sleep in a full flat bed, and can wake up refreshed at your destination and immediately get on the road. If you're flying economy, you will probably need a day or two each time to get used to the jetlag.

Since time is of importance to me, gaining an extra day both at the destination and at return is worth the price for me.
>>
>>1163177
Came here to say this, but I look at it this way: OP, if I offered you $1,000 to sit next to two annoying people for 8 hours, would you accept?

If you're a richfag, I'm not sure why you're going to a greasy shithole like SEA.
>>
I feel like obnoxious blowhards are rare on planes. most people I've seen are pretty quiet and probably just want to be left alone with their movie or book or sleep for the duration of the flight.

for your ticket I agree with >>1163225 and suggest you get one of those. your first time flying is always interesting but there's not much need to waste that kind of money on something that's really just bookending your trip and isn't the actual meat of the vacation. it's the kind of thing I might do once just to be able to say I've flown first class, if I had the money to burn and really couldn't think of anything more useful or fun to waste it on.

If I want to bump myself to something better than canned sardines tier, I will go for a plus ticket which might cost another $100 or so. they're the seats at the front of the economy section, but you usually have a lot more leg & elbow room and sometimes get the nice paid food & drinks included with the ticket depending on the airline
>>
>>1163171
Get some headphones from Etymotic Research, they've helped me through numerous flights in economy with proles, stupid blonde girls and babies. They're basically earplugs, but you can listen to music with them. I'd recommend the HF-5 or any of the ER4 models.

If it's physical comfort you're craving rather than just preserving your sanity, don't bother with Economy Plus. Just go straight to Business. There isn't much of a difference in legroom and service in EconPlus
>>
>>1163237
>By flying in business or first, you get to sleep in a full flat bed, and can wake up refreshed at your destination and immediately get on the road. If you're flying economy, you will probably need a day or two each time to get used to the jetlag.

This is the main difference. Yeah there is the better food, seats etc. but that is hardly worth paying thousands for.

I can understand sometimes paying for business class, especially if they are old, time-poor, tall or just wealthy and enjoy comfort. Paying for first class out of your own pocket seems like an obnoxious display of wealth, I mean even in first class you're still on an airplane, you could get a whole lot more comfort and enjoyment if you spent that money on the ground at your destination. At the end of it's your money, I'd just be hesitant to start off flying in first class because if you get used to it it could be hard to go down from there.
>>
I'd rather just take some sleeping pills with me, and try to stay as unconscious as possible. If you're debating the price of 1st class, then its probably not for you.
>>
>>1163266
>There isn't much of a difference in legroom and service in EconPlus

But sometimes a little extra room is the difference between having your thigh-bone shoved out of their sockets wane not being touched when the guy in front f you reclines.

And since EcoPlus is a pretty cheap "upgrade," why not?
>>
>>1163266
How do they compare to Bose Quiet Comfort in quality and price?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.