[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top tier cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

I'm currently in London but thinking of moving next year, a lot of the areas have been gentrified or excessively sanitised and I feel the city has sold it's soul in away. I don't think I could live anywhere else in the UK though, so I'm looking at options further afield.

What are some of your favourite cities?
>>
>>1162689
berlin
>>
Depends how much $$$ you got pal
>>
>>1162979
> Berlin

Don't OP. You yourself said you feel like London has lost its soul. Berlin is this but 10x worse. German culture is slowly being gobbled up by multiculturalism, this pleb probably loves modern Paris too.

Head to Eastern Europe to see people's that value their culture/nation.
>>
>>1162689
>What are some of your favourite cities?
Kyiv, Ukraine
Lviv, Ukraine
Odesa, Ukraine
Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Lutsk, Ukraine
Kamyanets-Podilskyi, Ukraine
>>
If white and single:
Saigon
Taipei
Medellin
Lima
>>
I'm assuming you're not from Germany because "our culture being gobbled up by multiculturalism" is just foreign media propaganda. Neither I or any of my friends have been negatively impacted by the refugee "crisis" and I live in one of the 20 biggest cities in Germany just a couple hundred meters away from a refugee camp.
>>
Hamburg might be a good alternative to Berlin.
It's a beautiful and lively city with an awesome nightlife from what I witnessed, and, except around the Reeperbahn, I've rarely felt this safe in a big city like that.
Most people there speak English since Germans are good with foreign languages, but I wouldn't move there without knowing at least a little bit of German though (whereas it might be easier for you in Berlin if you don't, from what I heard).
The only downside is that rents are expensive, but that is also the case in London, and everything else is quite cheap.
>>
>>1163313
>Ukraine
Not a real country
>>
>>1162689
We must be on the same wavelength: Barcelona is great. Bike friendly, affordable, great food, good climate. Architecture, history and museums. A grand visit.
>>
>>1162689
Singapore
Auckland
Zurich
Berlin
Brussels
>>
>>1162689
brussels' nice to live in but having to learn 2 languages might be a pain in the ass
>>
Copenhagen is far and away the best city I've been to
>>
File: downtown-_toronto_health_centre.jpg (183KB, 964x460px) Image search: [Google]
downtown-_toronto_health_centre.jpg
183KB, 964x460px
downtown toronto, the rest of the city is dogshit, but downtown is really awesome. its biased because im from there, but man everytime i go travelling i get underwhelmed by everywhere else
>>
San Francisco is without a doubt the best city in the world to live in year round.

In Europe Dublin and Copenhagen are cool.
>>
>>1162689
Kobe
Taipei
SF (well 5-10years ago)
>>
>>1162689
I find bigger isn't always better for soul

>Maastricht
>Lyon
>Granada
>Ghent
>Konstanz
>Saint Gallen
>>
>>1163006
this culture bla bla makes so fucking sick man. wtf is culture??? berlin is really fucked up though. in germany, i would recommend cologne
>>
>>1162689
I know you said not UK but you should consider Glasgow (it's possible that it won't be part of the UK in a few years anyway)

Unless you want a really big city, in which case it might not be for you
>>
>>1165476
>Lyon
Mon négro.
It's big enough to not get bored, but at the same time it's not "soul-crushing big", and the cost of living is cheap enough for one of the most populated French city, plus it's pretty safe.
Basically, it's has everything Paris should have to be a god-tier city.
I know two English guys who live there for like 4 or 5 years now, and their French still suck, but yet they managed to settle down there and have gfs.
>>
File: Ghent-Web-14-20140522.jpg (662KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ghent-Web-14-20140522.jpg
662KB, 1500x1000px
>>1165476
>Ghent
Mijn neger, I grew up there, living in L.A. now, still dearly miss it.
>>
>>1164106
>having to learn 2 languages

I lived in Brussels for the first 18 years of my life and I never once had to speak Flemish.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 999x944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 999x944px
>>1166140
It's real
>>
>>1162689
I got an interesting job offer, so I'm moving to London early next year. Spending my days on rightmove and zoomla. Going to be the first time living in the UK, a bit scared now.

My faves in Europe to visit are Istanbul, Budapest, Berlin, Rome... To live in, I'm not so sure of. I'd probably pick any East Asian city over European ones to live in.
>>
OP here, thanks for the recommendations. Vienna, Berlin and Barca actually... I think London has spoiled me to an extent, I don't know if I could live in a small city but also need somewhere manageable on a bike or walking.

I might look into some smaller German cities or somewhere in East Asia, but I need somewhere with job options and/or a legal system that won't screw me as a foreigner trying to do business.

>>1166154
London's amazing, there's so many positives but I need a change of scenery. It just seems to be embracing corporate bullshit at the moment.
>>
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Australian cities?

Melbourne is fucking fantastic, and is regularly voted as the most liveable city. Sydney is good too.

I also like Berlin and Auckland.

It really depends what kind of lifestyle you want.
>>
>>1166154
London is shit nowadays, unless you make 100k+
>>
>>1162689
>a lot of the areas have been gentrified or excessively sanitised and I feel the city has sold it's soul in away.

When this meme of "you need to be poor and dirty to have a soul/character" is going to end?
I live in a city with horrendous slums and retarded tourists go there in military jeeps to take pictures, helping perpetuate the degradation of urban space by making it lucrative to live in a slum, which in turn breeds some of the worst human beings in our society.
>>
>>1165484
>in germany, i would recommend cologne
this is bait
>>
>>1162979
Berlin is exactly the same as OP described London.
>>
>>1166234

>Melbourne

Full of insufferable hipsters, fags & suffering from a nigger crime wave (home invasions & car jackings perpetrated by a bunch of simians calling themself the Apex gang). Cool if you live somewhere nice/central and can afford to embrace the restaurant & bar culture regularly, otherwise it's out in the burbs and almost in Geelong or the Nong.

>Sydney

Again cool place if you have money, ie a fucking lot of money, given house prices. Sydney is also retardedly crowded, anywhere in the city you would think you're in Asia. Traffic amongst the worst on earth plus the far western parts are pretty much no go zones unless you are cops or ASIO. Fuck living in a suburb where you can hear the minaret call.

Brisbane's where it's at - good mix of people/cultures (minimal kebab/snackbars, shit tier minorities far enough away in logan/ipshit) strong sporting & drinking culture plus plenty of cosmopolitan eateries, access to amazing beaches, terrific weather year round, house prices high but not ridiculous. That being said, you need 100k+ year income to properly enjoy any aussie capital city
>>
>>1163505
You and your friends' anecdotes mean a whole lot. You, as a German, are rather blind to how foreigner's lives are in Germany. Most Germans are.

I say this as someone who has lived in Germany for 5+ years now. Germans are a pretty oblivious bunch, prone to megalomania, and doing what they think is 'right', without seeing consequences. The dust hasn't even begun to settle yet.
>>
>>1165223
Where exactly are you from "downtown"?

Toronto is a good example of a 2nd rate smug hipster hive.
>>
>>1165484
>recommends Cologne, the biggest immigrant suburb in Germany.
>>
Living in a concrete jungle is stupid. Human needs lots of latinum in garden of eden.
>>
>>1165223
>OP wants to leave London because he feels it's becoming too bland and soulless
>Proceed to recommend the most bland and soulless city in North America outside the sunbelt.
>>
Arcade in Galicia, Spain and Padron

Look them up.
arcade is super comfy
>>
>>1165223
torontofag here
is this post sarcastic?
>>
>>1167205
>the most bland and soulless city in North America outside the sunbelt.
Oh boy, here we go again...
>>
>>1166749
I do not want to know what rate that makes the ones here in America like Portland then
>>
>>1162979
Berlin is shit-tier.
You wont experience a big german City, just a melting pot of every damn Nation (mostly muslim) in there.

T. German
>>
How does Madrid compare with other major European cities?
>>
And is it as difficult to find work and get on your feet in NYC as they say? Worth the hassle?
>>
>>1166234
I have lived in melbourne for 10 years, moving to zurich in a couple of months time.
this city is where you come to if you want to retire. its sooooo shit. All you can expect from this garbage tier city is pompous hipster cafes and overpriced garbage food. you can't do a single fun thing in natural surroundings here without driving out of the city for a minimum of 3 hours.
>>
sapporo
seoul
kyoto
tallinn
reykjavik
dublin
vancouver
amsterdam
oslo
auckland
>>
>>1168737
> warm
> lots of culture
> nice accent
> few (sand)niggers

only con is that it's not a coastal city
>>
File: DSCF1454.jpg (3MB, 4896x2760px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1454.jpg
3MB, 4896x2760px
>>1168796
>reykjavik
I have a friend who got so crazy about Reykjavik and ended up moving there. I don't get it, it's a small city with very little to do beside have a beer in the main street.

I'd have moved to literally any other place in Iceland.
>>
>>1168803
> warm
except in winter when you freeze your nuts off without central heating.
>>
>>1168803
isn't unemployment still like 75% in spain
>>
File: 1473534638147.jpg (32KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1473534638147.jpg
32KB, 450x420px
>>1169194
for 30 yo and under, yes.
>>
>>1163515
Shut the fuck up. Hamburg is equally - if not worse gentrified than Berlin (and all together has the exact same problems Berlin has).

>>1162689
If you complain about gentrification you won't be moving to any big European city. This happens everywhere (at least in the Western world).
>>
What about the south of France? I was thinking of Nice
>>
File: cesar romero joker.jpg (74KB, 565x754px) Image search: [Google]
cesar romero joker.jpg
74KB, 565x754px
>>1169238
I hear Nice things about it.
>>
>>1169191
true, in winter it's "six months of ice".
>>
>>1163006
fuck off poltard
>>
>>1168796
Auckland is beautiful on a sunny day but it doesn't feel like a major city to me. Also, rent & house prices are outrageous relative to wages and the traffic is maybe the worst I've experienced anywhere. I do love it though, just couldn't live there.
>>
File: 1475720625998.jpg (45KB, 800x403px) Image search: [Google]
1475720625998.jpg
45KB, 800x403px
A leppo.
>>
>>1169238
It's still crowded and rather over-priced. Not as bad as Marseille, in any case.

Toulouse is pretty nice. Although not on the coast, it's not far, and instead has the Pyrenees (most underrated mountain chain?) when you go south. It's a working industrial city (i.e. jobs), but still looks like a picturesque French town, which it is.
>>
File: IMG_20160202_075454.jpg (5MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_075454.jpg
5MB, 4608x3456px
Don't like gentrification? Want character? Risk? Surprises?
I'd suggest Chennai, India. It's quite livable, but still feels mad.
Or Jakarta, where gentrification comes with bulldozers and then gets sucked back into the swampy slum. It's like living in a Rauschenberg installation.
>>
>>1162689
Madrid. So amazing. I live in Paris at the moment. It's definitely more rough around the edges than London. It's a pretty cool and exciting city to live in desu but after three years I've had enough. I need to move on somewhere new.

Also Naples is the most amazing, fucked up mess of a city. I love it but I don't think I could ever live there and remain sane.
>>
>>1165980
Meh, I don't like Lyon that much. I've been there three times, twice just on my own and the third time to visit friends. I found it a bit cold stiff as far as cities go.

Nice food though.
>>
>>1166015
How come you moved to the states? I'm from France and I'm contemplating moving there for work. Would it be fun and worth it or would I miss the unpasteurised cheese?
>>
>>1170510
Oh man you'll miss the cheese, unless you've got the money to spend.

I moved here because quite frankly I was sick and tired of Belgium and the opportunity arose. Sure I miss some small things, but I'm glad I chose the States over Europe.

If you have the certainty of a job I wouldn't think about it twice, take the leap and at least try it.

Have you been to the States before though? If not, maybe just take a trip there first.
>>
>>1170812
Yeah I went to California and visited LA and San Fran when I was 18 for a few weeks. Also went to Florida. Was pretty exciting.

I would love to work in Seattle/Boston or somewhere (any ideas?) with seasons. I'm an international school teacher so I'm gonna give it a go.

How do you handle LA though? It's so unlike a European city it scared me.
>>
>>1170813
>any ideas?
Chicago perhaps?

I never really felt European and I prefer the American way of life, if that makes sense? I also moved here when I pretty young so you're just more flexible then.
>>
>>1162689
Birmingham is a vibrant multicultural city that is worth taking a look at.
>>
>>1163329

What about if black and single ?
>>
>>1172037
Lagos, Johannesburg, Nairobi, Kinshasa
>>
>>1165223

toronto is the worst city in Canada. full of entitled winny millenials, failed hipsters and nothing to do unless you are a billionaire. it's fake. it's a fake city, that's what it is. great skyline and that's about it.
>>
Edmonton hands down, so long as you don't mind the cold
>>
I want to live in Perth, Australia :(

but it seems like Oz would rather take in chinks than burgers.
>>
>>1162689
Buenos Aires
>>
>>1162689
What would you guys say is the best for a gay male?
>>
>>1172753
The whole western world is full of 'millenials' and hipsters, and frankly I found them 100 times worse in Vancouver or BC generally. I'm not arguing (i.e. this thread topic) that Toronto is THE BEST EVAR, but it gets a lot of undeserved hate. Usually from bitter provincial yokels who've barely been (if ever) and cannot articulate what's so bad. What they really feel is that they don't belong, but that's by far their own doing. It's honestly a good place, especially for fucking Canada.

>nothing to do unless you are a billionaire.
Now I know you're some poorfag from Ajax or Brampton or something. There's fucking plenty to do, and really you don't need much money. Unless you consider it 'fun' to buy downtown condos (are you a 905er?) or hang out in douchebag upscale nightclubs?

I no longer live in TO, but I spent my uni years and a several years after. I was certainly never rich, but had plenty of good times.

>great skyline
That's the least interesting thing, and it's curious that for an angsty teenager bitching about fakeness and billionaires, you single out the skyline of condos and banking towers as the best thing. Quit projecting and grow up or just fucking kys.

>>1172835
>Edmonton
>top tier
ok, I admit this made LOL
>>
I'm planning on also going to London as well OP. The following things are dissuading me a little bit:

>Expensive metro tickets.
>Expensive accommodation
>Pubs are always full of wankers so you have to stand outside like a wanker.

However, I really miss England and all my m8s live in London so I dunno.
>>
>>1172920
Read it again. Yeah I'm going to London and you're leaving ok fuck.
>>
how easy will it be for me (19yr old white male) to get laid in barcelona? im a 6 or 7/10 from canada
>>
>>1174072
Not easy, I feel like European women have always been way harder than the American kind (no particular experience with Canadian women).
>>
>>1174072
You mean one of the most touristy cities in the world, where a revolving door of tourists hordes shit up local venues on a weekly basis? Where locals are hardly impressed with one more average-tier pasty wide-eyed horny foreigner looking to score some exotic spicy Spanish (hurr Catalan) pussy?

Dude, they'll be lining up at the airport with their panties and pants around their ankles, slowly rubbing themselves in preparation for your pale maple cock.

Srsly though, watch out for the hookers, they'll just as easily mug you as suck your cock. Trannies especially.
>>
>>1162689
Cape Town, South Africa
>>
Has anyone lived in Lisbon, Portugal? Is it recommended?
>>
>>1174311
Depends what you wanna do there. It's one of the places I would consider retiring if I were a richfag in retirement and didn't have to worry about a career or insurance and whatever.

Which is not to say it's a sleepy city or something, it's just that I find it very cozy.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.