[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quantity x Quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DSC00322.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00322.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
Is it of your interest to get to know the largest number of places possible or to get to know the most of the places you visit?

I tend to prefer the former. there is too much to know and not much time to know it all. But I get criticized all the time.

What is your opinion?
>>
File: HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE.jpg (150KB, 590x769px) Image search: [Google]
HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE.jpg
150KB, 590x769px
>>1161952
My opiniuon:

There is no One True Way to travel, nor one correct set of goals while traveling. Pretending that there is, and that I know what it is, would be foolish.

Gor me, I want to see as many places in the world as I can -- I do not see that as incompatible with spending more time in places when I can, but if that is not possible, that's OK. You can even use a "10 countries in 10 days" trip to advance scout for which places interest you enough to go back and spend more time.

In any case, it is never the point, for me, to travel in such a way as to meet somebody else's expectations,
>>
Depends on the place.
>>
I'm on a year+ long trip. I started by moving around super fast, every 2-3 days. Now I stay for a week or more in most spots because I've realized that it's not the places that I care about, it's the people. Sooo many times I left interesting people and girls that could have turned into something, so that I could see some sight or take some tour.
>>
>>1162246
All over the world or focused in a continent?
>>
>>1161952
I prefer the latter, within reason. Three weeks - month in one place is enough to get a feel of it. Less than that is often just a rush through a tourist's digest, but staying for longer is hard due to time/money constraints.
>>
>>1161952
No matter what someone tells you about 3 days vs 3 weeks, doesn't matter. You don't get to know a culture unless you live there and experience all the seasons, the festivals, the workplace, and so forth.

If I liked a place after first visit, I'll go back. I don't get this rush around nonsense while people take an entire break from their lives like it's the only travel. I get the halfway around the world airfare used to be like your annual savings, but it's not anymore.

There are at least two handfuls of places that I feel as comfortable in like a second home, 30x to certain cities in fact, too many to even favorite a top 5. I think people should travel often, 4 day weekend the national holidays, bank your sick days, get a job with summers off, on purpose, and just suit themselves as far as budget goes when it matters to you. Go out of town for a concert, stay the weekend, come home. Go back later. Eventually you get to know it.
>>
>>1161952
A wise man once told me, "You can do anything, but you can not do everything."
The world is too big, you'll never see it all. You can only hope to enjoy what you do, however great or little that may be.
>>
>>1162316
"I have not been everywhere, but it is on my list."
>>
>>1162316
I know it's true, but I still struggle with it. I have trouble accepting the smallness of my life
>>
>>1162545
Me too.

Some guys claim they "visited all countries". I wonder if they feel like they have less of this smallness feeling.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.