[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Villas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: villa-de-los-suenos-10.jpg (86KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
villa-de-los-suenos-10.jpg
86KB, 800x534px
My family (12 people) wants to get a villa somewhere in the western hemisphere over New Year's week. They're looking at Cabo (Pedregal) but I'd like something a bit less well-known to bring down the per person price and up the cultural experience.

Any ideas? We'll be hiring a cook so good native cuisine is a must. Proximity to the ocean is a must too.
>>
>>1161904
I would think the Caribbean would have, somewhere in all those islands, what you are looking for. But my one experience raveling down there during Christmas/New-Year's week was that air travel becomes a nightmare as the ATC in that part of the world is easily overwhelmed that week, particularly on Fridays, which are big travel-days for inter-inland flights anyway.
>>
>>1161904
God I hate rich faggots so much. Fuck you OP.
>>
Hey OP, how much do you expect the total cost for this to be, not just per person. Trying to think if this would ever be feasible down the road for a smaller group.
>>
>>1162026
>this fucking guy
>>
>>1161904
For 12 people, the issue is that less well-known tends to run up the airfare at less popular airports, and especially islands in the Caribbean, which are never on sale (everything is imported). You want something like 1 hour from an airport, so a couple vans should do it nicely to get there I actually think Costa Rica has more to offer in lovely properties and safety both. There's far more to do for the adventurous and little drives out to interesting vistas, small hikes, and such.

Believe it or not, you're going "high season" when snowbirds are getting out after Christmas in their main homes. The deal might be found in someone who knows they won't be there for a couple more weeks. Look at some realtors down there to get your hands on a really nice property for the same price as something you find online.

>>1162026
It's a very economical way for a family gathering to rent a villa, versus say 6 hotel rooms for week or more. Think about that brokefag. If you actually were a traveler, or had a life or a family more than just a single person, you'd understand the logistics of that. Having a child contribute ideas (if they're wanted) doesn't matter a lot to a parent if they are well researched, as the whole point to said parent will be the family gathering aspect. It's only some of the family which want a little something more.
>>
>>1162040
>Hiring a cook
>Proximity to the ocean is a must too

OP is a richfag.
>>
>>1162075
Ok we get it, at least the money is going towards good times with family rather than expensive consumer goods.
>>
>>1162040
>Costa Rica

I'ma second that. But do look up what the crappiest flying days are, and, if you can, avoid them. Nothing ruins a family trip quicker than "we can;t get there," and the subsequent "and now we can;t get home."
>>
>>1162027
Admittedly this is going to be a pretty spendy one due to the time of year (New Years they jack up the price) and the location (Pedregal is a gated community). It will be ~$24k/wk for 12 people. So about $300/nt per person.

There are much cheaper options elsewhere and if you go even a week later you can cut the price by a 1/3 for the exact same place.

The cheaper ones are usually marketed towards bachelor parties and company retreats. You can get some really smoking deals, specifically in places like Yucatan, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. If you go with a group of 12-20 you can seriously expect to pay ~$100/nt to stay in an upscale mansion. If you sacrifice on the accommodations, it's no more expensive than a cheap Vegas hotel and you can be on the ocean.
>>
>>1162075
most villas throw in the cook because they are cheap and improve the experience 100-fold for the guests

usually they provide you with some options and part of their cooking duties is going to costco or walmart and buying the ingredients, booze, etc and bringing you the bill for raw ingredients so it ends up being a lot cheaper than everyone going out to eat every night (and a lot easier logistically speaking)

I know it sounds like it's super fancy but it's really the best value when you are spending $$$ on the acoomodations and would rather enjoy that money spent versus spending your time shopping for groceries or going into town every night
>>
>>1162026
>spend $3k on badass accommodations
>spend $1k on a cook
>spend all of your time in the villa partying drinking cheap booze and eating at your leisure
>your costs are fixed

versus

>spend $500 on accommodations
>spend $500 on transportation to and from the beaches and renting sun chairs and beach access
>spend $1000 on restaurants and bars since no one wants to party in a hotel room
>have to organize a clusterfuck of people every night to try and go get food
>no restaurants want to serve a party of 12
>spend your time in a taxi with the prospects of getting ripped off as you drive around
>your costs are dependent on your level of sobriety

I don't go on vacations often enough to be able to afford to skimp on them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.