[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denmark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 137831351.jpg (187KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
137831351.jpg
187KB, 1000x667px
I wish to plan a trip to Denmark, some time in the future. As for why Denmark, I don't know, but I have an unnatural liking towards the country, and I'm learning the language right now.

I'm trying to get advice on what to do there. I've traveled before, to Thailand and Hong Kong, but it was with family and I didn't really hold the reigns for the traveling decisions. Denmark will be my first trip where I get to hold the reigns and also my first time in Europe.

A thing that I already had in mind worth doing was biking, but maybe skiing as well. Is skiing worth it in Denmark, or would I be better off just going to Norway instead?

Also possibly fishing. Is it possible for a tourist to go fishing? Especially since I've only fished very few times in my life. Or would I just have to make friends that know how to fish to take me?

Are there any other fun activities like that? I'm not really a shopping and museums person, unless the museums can hold my attention. I don't mind seeing historical landmarks as well. And I'm definitely willing to go outside of Copenhagen.

I know my whole post might sound really vague for someone to give advice to since I haven't said anything about my budget or about how long I plan to be there. But this trip is very far into the future and I don't even know yet how much I'm willing to spend.

Again, I'm just looking for recommendations for stuff to do or what it will be like if I go there.
>>
Dane here.

There's no possibility of skiing. We have zero mountains. Fishing is possible with a license tjah you can buy online, just Google "fisketegn".

Fun activities? Eh. Nothing particular comes to mind. Copenhagen have a great nightlife though.

If you're /out/ in any way, we do have a shitload of free camping spots all over the country.
>>
>>1161871
According to Google, Denmark has 8 slopes. Maybe these are all really shitty.

I'm not really /out/, I just like the activities I listed above.

And I feel like every city in the world has a great night life. Anything else that's unique to Denmark? Anything cultural? Could be just food or whatever.
>>
>>1161898
Where exactly are you going in the country?

I'm in Copenhagen, so can only comment on that. But I could show you around if you came here. I'm a hotel receptionist, so I know the cool places.
>>
>>1161937
Like I said I have no concrete plans. Also Denmark seems like a small country, how much could I traverse in let's say, one week? Would just Copenhagen be enough? Is there anything to do in Aarhus, other parts of the Jutland, etc?
>>
>>1161974
Two major cities, I'd say. Copenhagen is a must, then take your pick between Aarhus or Aalborg. Denmark is a very historical country, so you'll find museums everywhere. Otherwise, all the fun youth stuff is in Copenhagen.

I know I suck at describing this.
>>
>>1161982
No that helps, thanks. I'm really in the dark about this anyway so any advice helps.
>>
>>1161864
>Skiing
>in Denmark
lol. Unless you mean cross-country skiing...

Denmark is kinda boring, to be honest. Flat, gray, rainy. Copenhagen isn't much to look at, and it's restaurant scene is overhyped. I still like it, but it's not on my top 5. Typical Danish food is more like sausage and mash potatoes, or hot dogs and soft-serve ice cream.

>>1161898
>feel like every city in the world has a great night life.
Give Aleppo a visit, m8.
>>
File: IMG_4633.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4633.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>1162031
>Denmark is kinda boring, to be honest. Flat, gray, rainy.

I didn't have a single day of bad weather when I went there a couple of years ago for what it's worth.
It's true that the landscape isn't very exciting though.

I cycled pretty much across the entire country and liked the Limfjord the best. Denmark generally has a somewhat Central European feel to it imo. The Limfjord is where I could tell that I was in Scandinavia.
>>
>>1162031
>Give Aleppo a visit, m8.

When I said that every city has a great night life I was implying that that could be said for a lot of places and shouldn't be a factor in determining whether a city is more visitable, for me at least.
>>
>>1161871
Please elaborate on CPH nightlife. Where should i go to have a good time in late october?
>>
>>1161937

I'm travelling solo to Copenhagen in a few weeks, what can I do there? I'll stay for a short time though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.