[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iceland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: xxx.png (32KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
xxx.png
32KB, 1200x630px
Going to Reykjavik at the end of this month. Anyone has been there and can recommend me some daily activities and operators that organize them? Links would be very much appreciated!
>>
>>1161470
Non-OP bump. For interest.
>>
>>1161470
To clarify, are you looking for tours and shit to take you out into the countryside? Reykjavik itself is not so big or complicated that I'd guess there is such a thing in the city itself.
>>
>>1161669
OP here. I am looking for tours outside the city, mainly for the usual iceland attractions, like waterfalls and other natural beauties - also is tripadvisor trustworthy?
>>
>>1161470
if you can, rent a car (it's not cheap) and do your trip yourself (east fjords, north, road f35...), if you can't, just go to east fjords by bus (pic related).
>>
>>1161470
>>1161807

but please, go out of reykjavik
>>
File: 20160913_181718.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_181718.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
I work at the glacier lagoon we have some good trips here. I recommend the 1st zodiac tour and the glacier walk near here if they're still open. A company called greyline do day tours on a bus that come here and look at some sites along the way
>>
>>1161785
>is tripadvisor trustworthy?

For what it is, yeah. The reviews can give you people's impressions of their experiences which, in aggregate, can be useful.
>>
>>1161880
You definitely want to get out there -- hopefully with some time to get out on the beach across the road, which is also worth seeing.
>>
>>1161880
Do they give you all that shit to wear? I can't pack hardcore winter gear.
>>
>>1162267
Seeing as they're wearing identical jackets I'd assume yes.
>>
File: 20160913_182401.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_182401.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>1162267
Yeah we give you a flotation suit and a life vest.

With glacier hiking and icecaves they give u helmets axes and boot spikes or whatever its called.

Pic is me eating 1000 year old ice I fished from the water during a zodiac tour
>>
>>1162267
>I can't pack hardcore winter gear.
For when you are going, you should want clothes that offer rain and wind protection since the variable is so variable, you could end up in daily drizzles, with a base layer that offers cold protection. I've been when you've been, and had zero rain, and 60F daytime highs and it was lovely for driving around, but serious wind that makes your eyes stream in tears.

The best way to see Iceland is by car, and about 4 weeks earlier than you're going, so you have to make a couple compromises. You also need 10 days to circle the island, so anything less means some backtracking back to Reykjavik.

Blue Lagoon, 1/2 day. Reykjavik, 1 day, 1 night. Circle Tour, 1 day. Then it's up to you, West or South?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.