[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on avoiding forgin transaction fees in other countries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Lg_foreign-transaction-fees.jpg (42KB, 687x228px) Image search: [Google]
Lg_foreign-transaction-fees.jpg
42KB, 687x228px
Thoughts on avoiding forgin transaction fees in other countries? They're brutal.

Do you guys have credit cards especially for avoiding these fees? I don't travel enough to get a new credit card just for that purpose.

Do you just bring assloads of cash? That seems dangerous and impractical. Just thought maybe a thread about avoiding letting the banks ass rape you without lube while traveling.
>>
Raep is unavoidable. If you just use your card like normal then you get charged a foreign transaction fee, if you get money at an ATM over seas the bank sets it's own exchange rate to scrape a fee from you, if you take cash and exchange it the exchange agent sets the rate and scrapes a fee off you.

I haven't looked at the credit cards but I expect the exchange rate they set for them still is a slight advantage to the bank even if there is no per transaction fee.

It's just a cost of seeing other countries. The only real consideration in my mind is having an alternative way of accessing money incase your card gets lost/stolen.
>>
>>1160887
>The only real consideration in my mind is having an alternative way of accessing money incase your card gets lost/stolen.

Any examples of this? What I do is bring photo copies of my cards and identification.
>>
I bring $40 USD to exchange at the airport to cover bus/train/taxi fees into the the nearest city to find an ATM. My bank charges a percentage fee rather than a flat rate so I don't mind swiping a few times. Those Travelex places will fuck you over hard.
>>
Some current accounts have specific offers (0% in foreign exchange fees, etc.) But you might pay for the privilege (£10 a month for that, travel insurance and other stuff here)
>>
>>1160887
Sadly most banks won't let you get away from it. While you might not travel a lot, it could be worth it.

Honestly, I just carry a decent amount of cash and hide it on my persons. No enough that if I lose it I'm fucked but enough to tide me over for a while (but never trade at a travelex).
>>
Same banks offer good travel deals to some customers -- do your homework.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.