[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day Trip to Malaysia from Singapore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Singapore_malaysia_Flag_400.jpg (62KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
Singapore_malaysia_Flag_400.jpg
62KB, 400x229px
Hey, I'm gong to be in Singapore for 4 days next week. I'd like to go to Malaysia for a day trip if possible and appreciate any advice, suggestions, etc. Does anyone have experience doing this? Thanks!
>>
P-please respond..
>>
Don't. There's really nothing to see here, people just come here to shop. If you're interested in places like beaches or mountains, one day is not enough, since they're pretty far from Kuala Lumpur, I assume you're going there.

Also, how are you gonna go to malaysia from singapore anon?
>Plane
airport and waiting. faster than cars though
>Car
the nearest state to singapore is Johor and it is 4 hours from Kuala Lumpur, also expect traffic jams to and from singapore/malaysia.
>>
>>1160926
I wasn't planning on going to Kuala Lampur. I have no plan. I have 4 days in Singapore and just assume I will be bored after two days. So I figured I'd try Malaysia for a day. Am I wrong?

I did some research and read up on Malacca. Somewhat close to Singapore. Is it worth it?
>>
>>1161068
You' be better off flying out for one night in Bangkok, IMO
>>
>>1161082
Eh, probably not going to do any flying.
>>
>>1161091
it's pretty cheap and quick. As this anon said >>1160926

Even to Malaysia it's quicker than driving
>>
>>1161068
Malacca is a historical place, pretty interesting but if I'm not mistaken it's 2 hours from Johor/KL. If you have a car to go sight seeing there that's fine, provided you already know where you want to go, best choice is to have a local/tourist guide to actually bring you places. It's hell to go through immigration (?) in between Johor and Singapore since there are a lot of Malaysians who work in Singapore, I've never went to Singapore by car, I only heard from other people.

If you really want to go to Malaysia, flying is the best way, just remember that you have to be in the airport <2 hours prior to you flight. Penang is pretty nice too from what I've heard, locals really like to go there for sightseeing.

It all comes down to if you want to go or not, personally, I don't think it's worth it, especially if you're only going for a day.

I hope this helps, anon. ;-;
>>
I took the KTM from Tiong Bahru to Johor some years ago before they closed the station.

Being a foamer the train ride was real neato, but, as advertised, Johor isn't really all that interesting.
>>
>>1161082
...makes a hard man humble, I hear.
>>
>>1161082
>>1161247
kek
>>
>>1160685
Malaysia for a day is pretty short.

I've had a vacation mainly in Indonesia, but flew via KL, we stayed 2/3 days before we left for Lombok and after we left Bali we had another 2 days, 1 night in KL. We flew to Singapore via Bali.

From Singapore we took a night bus to KL. The bus itself was pretty comfy, I slept well, the only downside was that you had to go through immigration two times during night time while you were sleepy as fuck. It was extremely busy and the Indian bus drivers were talking shit that they were going to leave without you if you didn't hurry.

Well it didn't turn out to be all of a hassle, but I was pretty restless the day after it. I think it's the most efficient way to Malaysia. In KL we met up with a local who drove us around a bit, it's a two hour drive to Malacca.

I really liked Malacca, nice decent and clean place. Lots of culture and very good food. It has Dutch and Portuguese history and landmarks (which was especially fun for a Dutchie like me). A day is enough to see the highlights of Malacca, but you will be pretty restless with all the travelling if you all want to do it in one day. Maybe you can book an AirAsia flight and take a taxi from KL. Taxi drivers in KL are pretty helpful and cheap. One taxi driver in particular was one of the kindest people I have ever met. Drove us to the airport from Brickfields, even drove back without complaining or asking for extra money when we realized that our mate forgot his phone in the hotel (no idea how you can forget something like that but alright)

I really love KL as well, but the fun thing about it is mostly the cultural experience (one big melting pot), which is not something for everyone I assume.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.