[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Canadian going to Cuba next week. Advice? I got an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0030300300030303030303030.jpg (116KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
0030300300030303030303030.jpg
116KB, 945x531px
I'm a Canadian going to Cuba next week. Advice? I got an amazing deal on a trip I'm going with my gf. I heard the food is less than amazing, kinda worried about that.
>>
not true, there is good food there.. where are you going? stay at casas and enjoy the music and rum and learn to dance. Cubans will hustle the shit outta you, but its ridiculously safe. Stay away from any state-run hotel or restaurant.. And for the love of god don't do all inclusive in Varadero....Ask me anything
>>
Food in Cuba is very very regional, depends where you are..
>>
>>1160645
Are you an American?
>>
>>1160697
canadiense
>>
>>1160589
>Food is amazing
Really? I've heard it's absolute shit and haven't gone there yet for that reason. If you find any good places please post about them on here if the thread still exists.
>>
>>1160766
Can you read?
He said less than amazing.
>>
>>1160645
oh shit, I booked a all inclusive thinking it was cheaper because it was 459CAD/person including airfare. I'm staying in Havana, I'd love to go into one of those caves I see online during a tour or any historical or outdoor landmarks. I'm not really interested in zoos or that kind of entertainment. Would love to go on some sort of hike actually if you have any places to reccommend me. Its actually very reassuring that you're telling me it's safe. Thanks so much bro.
>>
>>1160766
I will post if I find anything good. Admittedly it was also holding me back but I haven't travelled much and this price is great. I'm a sucker for white beaches and clear water. I was originally going to travel to Vancouver but this is actually cheaper.
>>
>>1161114
Yeah its safe.. but in Havana the touts are agressive. Cheap ticket dude, good work.
I usually fly from calgary and it costs about 800, no hotel or nothing.
So at your price I wouldn't feel bad ditching the hotel and exploring a bit... I would recommend vinales. How much time you got?
>>
>>1161118
wow calgary that expensive? I'm leaving from Mtl and I bought the package super last minute from air canada. I'm there for a week!
>>
You can fill a week in Havana easily... learn to dance, drink rum, and fuck your girlfriend
>>
>>1160645
>don't do all inclusive in Varadero
kek, my family did this when i was a kid, it was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>1161128
All inclusive for a week plus airfare from under $500? Pretty nice.
>>
>>1161340
last minute deals bro so good, from montreal to cuba i booked it straight from air canada vacations website
>>
>>1160589
Cuban here, can answer questions if you have any

>>1160645 is on point with pretty much everything, just please stay away from anything state-run

Also the food is great... I am understandably biased, but I have been to a lot of countries and it's definitely miles better than anything you'll find in Korea or England (worst two countries for food IMO)
>>
'Cuban food is bad' comes from people eating burgers and pizza at restaurants only open to tourists. I don't even know if they can source the proper ingredients for them in Cuba, or if the people making it have ever had the actual version.

Why would you go to another country to eat what you do at home though? The government has been letting people open restaurants in their houses, you can find good food at some of them.
>>
>>1161783
You will never ever get good "regular style" pizza in Cuba, it's a literal impossibility. The pizza you will get is pic related, which will run you about 10 pesos at a corner cafeteria (I honestly like it better than the chain stuff in the US but that might just be the nostalgia talking)

As for burgers, that's also a no-no. The most you will get is approximations because way before the communists took over the Americans tried to bring in burgers and most people hated them for being bland

Also beef is very scarce and illegal for non-oligarchs to buy, so you will never get an actual beef patty at a privately owned place, and all Castro-owned places are garbage

Try a "pan con lechon" they are the best kind of sandwich you can get, especially if they put chicharrones in it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.