[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Trip Rate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: TripRate.png (429KB, 1158x832px) Image search: [Google]
TripRate.png
429KB, 1158x832px
How about a thread where we post out travel plans and rate/give suggestions on other peoples plans?

Here's my vague plan I've got going. I have a few months free and some excess cash so I'm thinking of making the trek from New Zealand to America as a graduation gift to myself.

Now my current plan is to head to LA since that's the cheap place to fly to, then head through to the grand canyon and Las Vegas seeing some of the stuff on the way there.

Then I want to give Mexico a try and it seems like Baja isn't too bad of a place to go but this doesn't really give me a nice loop to travel in.

So if you got any suggestions/want to tell me it's shit or got a trip you want to show off post here.
>>
>>1160368
Depending on your pricing ranges and the likes you may wanna travel north through Nevada spending time in the mountains and avoid Las Vegas with their scams and tourist traps. Not to mention general pricing on anywhere good. Could try for reno if your looking for gambling and drinks but for a solo crew I recommend the mountains (Even if the drought means little to no snow) because you just get better views. If you actually WANNA gamble and drink, aim for reno. Better pricing is available and its only 5 hours out from SF which is another nice (HAHAHA not really) place to visit
>>
>>1161121
I would like to point out if you enjoy win that Napa is also an option if you travel north as opposed to south towards Mexico.
>>
>>1161123
Wine*
>>
>>1161121
>avoid Las Vegas with their scams and tourist traps
That's what I'm aiming to do but since the grand canyon looks like a nice place to visit I thought I'd stop off at Vegas.

I mean I enjoy gambling with stuff like Blackjack and poker but I'm too cheap to do much of it, also I don't really drink either I'm mainly aiming to just go around see a bit of nature in cool places like the grand canyon, see if I can go see some old stuff like ghost towns and just get a feel for what America is like.

I heard LA isn't that great either but it's the cheapest to fly to from NZ so I might as well have a look at Hollywood and other touristy things.
>>
>>1161127
I'm going to tell you this now having lived here my WHOLE LIFE. California is not what it is cracked up to be...
>>
>>1161127
Your plan to GTFO through the mountains and GRand Canyon is the best idea as there is not much to see in Cali aside from well...the really shitty sights of SF and Hollywood. Everything else is really shite unless your REALLY into food, wine, or history.

Good sight seeing would be the redwood forest on the way to Vegas, the views from the mountains, maybe death valley if you like deserts but you can get that in AZ.
>>
>>1161131
>>1161132
So through google and /trv/ I'm getting the impression that I should just travel through Cali and Las Vegas to get to better places.

So I'm thinking of going inland or going down the coast to Mexico.

Mexico because it seems cheap and I want to refresh my tiny knowledge of Spanish. Plus the whole Aztec/Mayan/Mexican cross Spanish history is interesting. But I've heard that the Mexican beaches are tourist traps.

Cheers for the feedback as well it's nice seeing how people rate their own country.
>>
>>1161134
Exactly. You come to Cali for one of three reasons: You were suckered in by false advertising, your passing through to go see actual nice places, or your moving in. That is it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.