[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4 days Edinburgh + 4 days Glasgow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 16-Edinburgh.jpg (211KB, 1240x930px) Image search: [Google]
16-Edinburgh.jpg
211KB, 1240x930px
hey /trv/lers,

gonna spend 4 days in Edinburgh, and then 4 days in Glasgow next week.

Suggestions for interesting places to eat or things to do?

I'm looking for unusual stuff I wouldn't normally find on lists like "10 Must-Sees in Edinburgh".
>>
>>1159650
Castle Doune near Glasgow was most of the castles in Holy Grail. You can borrow coconut halves in the gift shop if you have want to gallop around with your Patsy...
>>
Protip: If anyone asks you "Can your Auntie sew?" you're about to get a a Glasgow kiss.
>>
File: 937363535341027354.jpg (3KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
937363535341027354.jpg
3KB, 206x206px
>>1159650

Go to the Grass Market have a few beers, then head up to Rose street (lots of student birds) If you cant get a shag after a night on Rose street, well.....
>>
>>1159650

Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow (near the Uni): everything from a Spitfire to Dali.

If you're a historyfag, look up the Tenement Museum (just up off Sauchiehall St). Also the Scotland Street School museum--beautiful red sandstone Rennie MacIntosh building. You can get to it on the Clockwork Orange (underground).

And go to the Barras market on a Saturday morning. Most of the shit is stolen or bootleg, but it's worth it for the peoplewatch and banter.
>>
>>1159655
Also Winterfell.
>>
>>1160332
Wrong city, my friend. Edinburgh.
>>
>>1159650
>gonna spend 4 days in Edinburgh, and then 4 days in Glasgow next week.
How do you spend 8 days in one week?
>>
The Edinburgh Castle is amazing. Also, the Holyrood Palace is interesting. These aren't tourist traps, even though they are popular, and we'll worth the visit.
>>
>>1160364
Holy fuck, I didn't catch that.

I wonder if the gift shop now has loaner dead Starks to carry around or souvenir door-holders?
>>
File: harrylauder.jpg (38KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
harrylauder.jpg
38KB, 300x500px
>>1160511

No, 4 days in Auld Reekie, 4 days in Glasgow.
>>
Also going to Edinburgh for 3 days. Looking for preferably free stuff to do
>>
Also going to be in Glasgow and Edinburgh early November. Not sure about accommodation yet, whether to try and couchsurf or just dole it out for hostels. What's the weather like then? Thanks for the castle tips. Planning to do a road trip north from Glasgow to Glencoe and such. Visit comedy clubs in Edinburgh, meant to be best in Europe.
>>
Rosslyn chapel is cute
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.