[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland-Ukraine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Poland-Ukraine.jpg (265KB, 1212x727px) Image search: [Google]
Poland-Ukraine.jpg
265KB, 1212x727px
Hi /trv/,

I'm almost deciding for making a Poland-Ukraine next year, and my intinerary would be something like pic related

Warsaw - 3 days (I know yet the city)
Lublin - 3 days
Kiev - 7 days (I intend to know Pripyat from them)
Dnipro/Zaporizhzhya - 6 days
Odessa - 4 days
Lviv - 4 days
It would be a 30-days trip, and I'm finding some parts (mainly the ones involving Odessa, but also Lviv-Kiev one) way too exausting. Do you suggest any interesting cities between Lviv-Kiev, Dnipro/Zaporizhzhya-Odessa and Odessa-Lviv? Also, I do accept other intinerary suggestions
>>
File: ukraine_Carpathian-villages.png (1MB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
ukraine_Carpathian-villages.png
1MB, 1000x669px
>>1159589
>It would be a 30-days trip
That's a long time, why are you only going to cities?

Maybe go, Lublin-Lviv-Uzhorod-Odessa? I'd go through the Carpathians if I had that much time.
>>
>>1159589
If you're going to Poland then hitting up Cracow is pretty much mandatory. The rynek( old town ), castle, Nazi death camp and the wieliczka salt mine complex make it a must visit imo.
>>
>>1159589
>Dnipro/Zaporizhzhya - 6 days
How can you justify 6 days there? There's literally nothing in either of those cities. I can only imagine staying that long if you have friends/family over there.

You would be much better off taking those days and spending them in Western Ukraine.
I would suggest a day in Ivano-Frankivsk and then going to Yaremche/Bukovel, then maybe also Chernivtsi and/or Kamianets-Podilskyi. Look up other places such as Khotyn and see if they are interesting for you.

If you want to add extra days in Poland, take those days and spend them in Krakow, Zakopane, and Warsaw.

I think you might also get bored in Lviv if you dedicate 4 days to it, unless you are including day trips or something like that into account.
>>1159590
I was in Uzhhorod earlier this year and it was a cool little city, but also basically gypsy central. I would only recommend people go there if they plan to make a border crossing to/from Slovakia.
>>
>>1159589
The Polish-Ukrainian border is a royal pain in the ass. Expect to wait for 5 hours.
By far the quickest option is to go through on foot. Look for buses that go to and from the border but don't cross it.
>>
>>1160238
How long does it take to cross by foot?

I crossed from Poland to Ukraine earlier this year and it must have taken 4 - 5 hours.
>>
File: Poland-Ukraine.png (904KB, 1506x902px) Image search: [Google]
Poland-Ukraine.png
904KB, 1506x902px
Based in your answers I updated my intinerary, pic related
Warsaw - 2 days
Lublin - 3 days
Lutsk - 1 day
Kiev - 7 days
Dnipropetrovsk/Zaporizhzhya - 4 days
Kryvyi Rih - 1 day
Odessa - 4 days
Vinnytsia - 1 day
Chernivtsi (Chernivtsi) and region - 3 days
Lviv - 3 days
Plus, 2 more days in Warsaw

Now it will be a 32-day trip
>>1159698
I've been in Krakow yet, and I'm missing only salt mine, that's why I'm not going there this time.
>>1160238
Was this only for those who needed Ukrainan visa or is it an EU-border thing?
>>
>>1160868
I forgot to say: those cities I'll stay 1 day only was for logistical reasons.
>>
>>1160868
>Dnipropetrovsk/Zaporizhzhya - 4 days
>Kryvyi Rih - 1 day
What are you going to do in those places?
>>
>>1160238
>>1160242
Crossed by overnight train. Took 6+ hours but you don't even get any sleep. The border guards come by every hour waking you up and then immediately leave. It also doesn't help that the sound is really loud when exchanging the wheel on the train to fit the wider rail width of former Soviet countries.
>>
>>1160868
No matter who you are, you'll be waiting for hours. Even if there would be some magical empty lane dedicated just to you, you'd still be stuck in the couple villages-long jam before you even reach the point where the lanes split. The border is a mess.
Prepare for a long wait or pray for a miracle.
>>
>>1160983
>the wheel on the train to fit the wider rail width of former Soviet countries.
It makes me crazy that they have never changed stuff like that.
>>
>>1161030
Replacing all those rails would cost out the ass...
>>
>>1161059
They just need to do it in important places, such as Poland -> Lviv - Kyiv...unless plans and trucks have made the issue irrelevant.
>>
>>1161059
The cost of the rail realignment wouldn't be as bad as changing out every train and carriage axle in the country.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.