[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, my old life has fallen to pieces and I've ended up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Ok, my old life has fallen to pieces and I've ended up with £750,000. I want to invest most of it and live on a beach. Nothing fancy. Just a roof over my head, somewhere to shit and a porch to smoke weed on. I want to live like this for a very long time. Thailand sounds like a good idea. Anybody here done anything like this before?
>>
I wish man, you've got my dream. I'd go to India personally, and definitely travel around a lot before settling on a place. I've been to central america and south east asia. In terms of friendliness, food, beauty and culture India has been my favourite by far, still enough out of the way places where you can relax without trance beats and sunburned tourists...
So many little islands in the pacifics too you could check out.
>>
>>1159261
India was another thought. Maybe the south? I bet it's fucking cheap.
>>
>>1159253
either australia or south east asia.

india is too dangerous, i'd say. at least if you plan to live there.
>>
>>1159253
Panama
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 728x640px
>>1159270

>Australia

You know the median house price in large cities is several hundred thousand bongbucks right? Anywhere near the ocean/beach ups the price. Anywhere not 1000km from an airport with a nice beach is developed for tourism. Cost of living is ridiculous ($850/year for car registration/road tax). Alcohol & tobacco (most expensive in world) plus draconian drug laws also. Nice weather & friendly people but not a place to live unless you are working & earning good money.

Take 100k & head off to Vietnam/Thailand/Indonesia and live by the sea for a while to find out if you like it, while your remaining 650k earns interest. That or buy a couple of houses which will earn you a guaranteed income.
>>
>>1159262
yeah apparently kerala is a beautiful state, lots of places like the one you seek
maybe andaman islands too
>>
>>1159253
I'm pretty sure you could live fairly comfortably for the rest of your life on 750k in thailand, especially the way you want to do it
>>
Don't touch the principal unless it's to buy real estate reasonnably leveraged and invest in stocks.
>>
>>1159320
This.

No matter how much money you have, it's all too easy to piss it away in a year. You could blast through that just on a house, furniture, car, and find yourself unable to pay your gas and hydro bills. Even in a third world country, plane tickets, visas, cars, insurance, taxes, hotels, etc adds up. You need need need a renewable source of income and not something like a bar or restaurant with a 75% failure rate.

Invest that shit and watch your money grow my nigga. The first million is the hardest and you're 3/4 of the way there. Don't squander it.
>>
>>1159253
You can travel the world forever with that money dude. Literally until you die. Are you just fucking bragging or are you really that retarded not to know what to do with it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.