[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan uses too many coins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20160906_200943.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_200943.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I've got about ¥4700 in coins. I don't think the currency exchange will take them, will they? Where the hell can I exchange these?
>>
Oh, I had a thought. Do the arcades in Tokyo have coin exchange? The games take ¥100 coins, right? So they must have something like the token machines back in the states, right?
>>
>>1158862
If you are in Japan now, you can exchange them in a bank or pay for something with coins. If you're elsewhere, it'll be a problem.
>>
>>1158876
Any bank? You don't need an account?
>>
>>1158863
I don't think i've ever seen one that goes the other way.

Spend them at the conbini, I usually donate my 1 and 5 yen coins at that thing up the front.

I know as a westerner its a bit weird to pay for things with coins that over like 5 bucks but they don't care. Money is money.
>>
>>1158880
No, you don't need an account. You can exchange coins and damaged money like that where you live too
>>
>>1158922
>You can exchange coins and damaged money like that where you live too

Maybe.

My bank at home will not take foreign coins, and the currency rate is terrible, plus the added annoyance that they only allow you to deposit it to an account, you can't just turn it into local money and walk out the door. Which, yeah, you can then write a check for the same fucking amount, it is just an added irritant step they throw in for no reason.
>>
>>1158862
Hey, I can take them from you, no problem. I am paying with smug looking cartoon characters
>>
>>1158922
>You can exchange coins and damaged money

that's good, OPs 50 yen coin has a hole in it
>>
File: 1397445579233.jpg (89KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1397445579233.jpg
89KB, 612x612px
>>1158862
>not taking the extra 15 seconds to count out exact change every once in a while to unload some
fukin retard. i hope that shit weighs so much you have to pay an overage charge for your luggage
>>
>>1158862
They will take them anon, they will take them. I once had about 1000 yen in 1 yen coins. I asked the people what I should do with them, since I didn't want to burden them with counting them, and I figured throwing them away would be bad. They spoke English and looked confused when I asked what to do with them, then they offered to take them. If they were happy to take 1000 aluminum coins, they will be happy to take your pile of actually valuable coins.
>>
>>1158862
Stop paying for everything with bills in Japan
>>
>>1159002
I'm not this upset, but seriously how hard is math
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.