[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should i go ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: phi_phi_island.jpg (42KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
phi_phi_island.jpg
42KB, 520x390px
I'm a single Scottish guy 30 year old.

Tradesman.

Looking to travel bit before I get really old.

Maybe settle in a different land.

I just cant decide where. £5000 BUDGET to get me started.

Japan
India
America
?
I'm mostly looking to chill out , good food , friendly people ,sight-see, lazy beach life odd night out.

maybe find a wife :) lol

Some place like "The beach" with leo dicaprio would be ideal. :)

More chilled out than city traffic life.

I've already visited places like Amsterdam, Barcelona , ibiza. these were infested with crime ridden souls. All about the money.

I'm looking for something a bit different.
>>
Australia. Although its easy to suggest where you live
>>
>>1158868
yeah everyone here goes to Australia. :)

Too many great whites lol
>>
I am an older guy from the States. I have traveled some over the years and often thought about relocating. Here are the things I consider to be important.

I want to have something I like to do there, like fishing, golf, whatever...to send my time.

I want my money to go far, meaning the dollar will buy me more and last longer.

I have been to Australia a couple of times and it is an awesome place with great people, but not really cheap to live compared to a lot of other places.

United States can be cheap, but you mention beach and anywhere like that is going to really be high cost.

I would consider SE Asia, like Thailand or Central America like Costa Rica or Panama. You can live on the Beach in these areas for a fraction of the cost.

The down side is you will need to at least learn a bit of another language. When I get to Scotland next year, if you are still there, we can have a beer and discuss it further. good luck
>>
Fishing , golf ,sounds fun, South America is really interesting to me, just a bit daunting with as you mentioned the language barriers.

going to spend the next few nights reading about Costa Rica and Panama.

Beer sounds good. after a game o gowf , im a 10 handicapper.
>>
>>1158911
Well you will win our golf game as I am more like a 15 or 16, but it about fun anyway.

Look seriously at Costa Rica, I went there twice and had a great time. Cost of living was super cheap, the people were friendly, and crime was mostly just theft and nothing violent.

You can do a vacation there with out Spanish and have a good time and get by. If you lived there you would want to learn. You can always hire a translator for a few bucks if you think you need it.

If I were you I would try and visit for a week and see if I like it. It is hot there which I don't think about because I live in a hot climate.

I found Panama to be very similar, maybe a bit cheaper, but also not quite as beautiful as western Costa Rica.
>>
UK, Canada, Australia and NZ all extend working holiday visas to each others, but some cut off at 30 and others at 35. If you have a skilled trade you would qualify for another visa.

>>1158928
>I found Panama to be very similar, maybe a bit cheaper, but also not quite as beautiful as western Costa Rica.

It's very easy to get permanent residency there, you can just buy it for 10k. Panama is also run better. The way all of the cartels keep their money there means they don't break the law, while crime in Costa Rica continues to rise.
>>
>>1158859
It depends on whether you want safe or dagerous...If you're willing to take a walk on the wild side, check out Thailand. Great beaches, beautiful Island Alcoves, but dangerous as can be. If you want safe just go to Florida. The people are stupid as hell, but it's reasonably safe.
>>
>>1158970
>thailand
>"as dangerous as can be"?

the fuck are you talking about?
Thailand isn't an especially dangerous place, its one of the most heavily traveled countries in Asia with a booming tourist industry and good backpacker infrastructure. There are countless different places to travel that are actually dangerous, Thailand far from being one considered "dangerous as can be"

I'm sorry man but that statement is just flat out wrong
>>
>>1159046
I guess if your definition of dangerous is falling off a moped or getting your wallet lifted on the BTS, then yes, Thailand is known to be "dangerous"

But seriously, stay away from the South of Thailand, specifically south of Krabi.
>>
>>1159074
What's so bad about South of Thailand anon. ?
>>
Consider Bulgaria.
>always things to do
>dollar goes a long way/cheaper than Tailand daily costs
>Still an EU member with all the conveniences but has a wild side as well

The cons are the fact that jobs are in the city and urbanisation is killing off the country side. The good sides of this is that property there is cheap. Idk. With foreign income (retirement) you wont see any downsides.
>>
>>1159223
there's a low level islamic insurgency
>>
>>1159300
>Low level

Kek
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency
>>
I would recommend looking into the western coast of Mexico or Baja California
>>
>>1159223
Not op, but spent time in the southern provinces. the cities were not pleasant, and the streets deserted after dark, no nightlife. A lot of unsavory characters lurking around. Was a poorfag at one point, so camped out for a couple of days. A gent came over and wanted to know if I wanted to sleep in the jail as it would be safer. I declined. A teen wantes to sleep next to me, but I was afraid that it was a ruse to rob my possessions.

Yeah, you really arent missing anything in the southern insurgency provinces.
>>
>>1159046
Yeah, its safe, been there 10x or so, the only trouble I encountered was when I was almost stepped on by three elephants as I had "camped" on the grass that they were going to graze on. If you do your research first and keep your wits about you, its safe
>>
op here. :)

Thanks for all your comments.

gives so me much to think about,

so many choices.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.