[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roller Coasters and such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: RaptorCP.jpg (70KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
RaptorCP.jpg
70KB, 960x960px
Roller coaster thread? Roller coaster thread. Post Top 10s, best/worst manufacturers, all that jazz.

My Top 10:
1) The Voyage, Holiday World
2) Goliath, Six Flags Great America
3) Skyrush, Hersheypark
4) Maverick, Cedar Point
5) Outlaw Run, Silver Dollar City
6) Thunderhead, Dollywood
7) Viper, Six Flags Great America(extremely underrated coaster)
8) Superman: Ride of Steel, Six Flags America
9) Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point
10) Lightning Run, Kentucky Kingdom

Kinda basic, but hey, I'm doing better than other people out there.
>>
>>1155945
Superman and top thrill dragster are shit tier, typical American pissing contest bullshit over who can make the tallest and fastest rides, no design innovation, just a hill, a drop, and a world record. Kys.
>>
Viper really is underated
>voyage
>maverick
>thunderhead
Excellent taste
>>
The Voyage is insane. I was just there yesterday and rode it but only once because it's so exhausting.
>>
>>1156065
Hows the new legend?
>>
>tfw hopefully going to Cedar Point next year

I'm so fucking hyped bros. I feel like a little kid.
>>
Never been too America, my top ten:
1)Taron, Phantasialand
2)Helix, Liseberg
3)Shambala, Port Aventura
4)Wodan, Europa Park
5)Blue fire, Europa Park
6)Baron 1898, Efteling
7)Space Mountain Mission 2, Disney Paris
8)Silver Star, Europa Park
9)Winja's Force, Phantasialand
10)Anubis, Plopsaland
Best manufacturer: Mack, they are the ones taking risks and trying new things
>>
If you ever get to Vegas, there is a good one about 25 min away at State Line. It has one of the longest steepest drops. Call first, because if it is windy it doesn't run. For me, you can keep loops and such, it's all about the drop.
>>
Magic mountain CA is the largest roller coaster park ive been to but plan on going to Cedar point in the next year or 2. Is it worth?

I loved the goliath, and the "X" or whatevet it is called, went to both right when they were released. Was the first ride on goliath of the public and it deffinetly lives up to the hype.
>>
>>1156106
I didn't know they changed it.

When I was younger I rode it and it knocked the wind out of me so I never rode it again.
>>
>>1156234
I went to Cedar Point twice with my family about 9 years ago. It was one of the highlights of my teenage years. I can't recommend those little cottages on the lake enough. The absolute most comfy time of my whole life.
>>
File: skyline_day_wallpaper.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skyline_day_wallpaper.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1156976
Cedar Point is the #2 roller coaster park currently, and it has competed directly with Magic Mountain for the title in the past.

A few years ago, the former head of Disney Parks, Matt Ouimet, became the new boss of Cedar Fair (Cedar point is its HQ and flagship park), and the quality has gone up since then at that park and the other Cedar Far parks. Cedar Point is an excellent place to go if you like rides, plus it has a crap ton of history (the area where the park now stands has been a vacation destination since 1870).

BTW, best restaurant is Famous Dave's BBQ, which is right outside the Marina entrance to the park (just get your hand stamped to get back in the park).
>>
Live in Florida, and Disney World is 90 minutes away...Family lives in Southeast Michigan and Cedar Point is 3 hours away. So, as far as destination parks, which is my fav, you ask?

Dollywood

People used to crack jokes about it two decades ago, but they aren't making those jokes anymore. It's basically the ultimate American-themed park.
>>
>>1157482

actually, cedar point is always the number one park for coasters. thats literally what it is about you mongoloid. it may not always have the top coaster, that varies every year, but it has the most shitload collection of top coasters by far. also, the setting, a peninsula out over the water, can't be beat by any other park. plan on two days at least.
>>
>>1157491
he also said the best restaurant is a middling national bbq chain, sooo...
>>
>>1157501
Famous Daves is pretty good man. It's not a southern hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere, but still pretty good.
>>
Europa park is the #1 theme park, according to the golden ticket awards
>>
File: yeah, nah.jpg (157KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
yeah, nah.jpg
157KB, 960x674px
>>1157572
>Famous Daves is pretty good man
>mfw
if the state of ohio cuisine is so low famous dave's qualifies as "pretty good" i'll be sure to bring a bag lunch if i ever have to visit.
>>
File: gronalund.jpg (362KB, 1500x1208px) Image search: [Google]
gronalund.jpg
362KB, 1500x1208px
>>1157491
>also, the setting, a peninsula out over the water, can't be beat by any other park.
>>
>>1157794
Must be an Ohio issue then. The famous Dave's in Denver and Bozeman were always good, and I'm from Georgia. I'm used to amazing BBQ.
>>
Fury 325 is the goat imo
>>
>>1157816
>>1157715

Lol you think these american porkfats ITT ever travel outside their country? you might as well talk about theme parks on Mars...
>>
>>1157816
Gröna Lund has seriously the best location and view of any amusement park in the world.
>>
File: millennium_vista.jpg (412KB, 940x421px) Image search: [Google]
millennium_vista.jpg
412KB, 940x421px
>two coasters from Cedar Point in OP
>neither of them are Millenium Force
My absolute favorite coaster. Nitro from Six Flags Great Adventure is second and Steel Force from Dorney Park's third. The best kind of ride to me is one with a sheer drop to start you off, minimal restraints, and wide turns to avoid whiplash.
>>
>>1157491
>cedar point is always the number one park for coasters.
Currently, Magic Mountain has more than Cedar Point, and the #2 rank I gave the park in the previous post references that (fact, not an opinion).

>thats literally what it is about you mongoloid.
If you get that defensive over a post not even meant to troll, you need to get your head checked.

>>1157501
>he also said the best restaurant is a middling national bbq chain, sooo...
The food inside Cedar Point is standard-issue mediocre amusement park food. Famous Dave's is a chain, but it's 3-star Michelin-rated establishment compared to the options inside the park.

>>1157794
>if the state of ohio cuisine is so low famous dave's qualifies as "pretty good" i'll be sure to bring a bag lunch if i ever have to visit.
Expecting every corner of the globe to have hipster-approved top-quality non-chain restaurants is unreasonable.
>>
File: europe-us-overlay-map.jpg (82KB, 618x405px) Image search: [Google]
europe-us-overlay-map.jpg
82KB, 618x405px
>>1157935
when your countries are the size of our states it's easy to get to a bunch of "international" parks.
>>
>>1157935
2nded this: >>1158161

It's also not that significant to say you've been to an "international park" if you live in an EU country and visit a park in another EU country, given the Schengen visa-free travel (i.e.: no passports required) thingie. Driving to and from most countries in Continental Europe now is basically the same thing as travelling between to and from different US states.

tl;dr: I believe you can take your pompous, dime-a-dozen douche bag opinions about the US and shove them up your ass, sir (if there's any room left, of course).
>>
File: Header_magazin_1600x900_3_neu.jpg (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Header_magazin_1600x900_3_neu.jpg
2MB, 1600x900px
my absolute favorite stays Taron, long, intense, only lapbars and best theming on a rollercoaster imo
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.