[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling for wolves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D46.jpg (375KB, 2756x2067px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D46.jpg
375KB, 2756x2067px
I thought this deserved a thread of its own, because after much googling and asking around it seems like actual wild wolf sightseeing is pretty rare. Few people actually get to see or even hear wolves, and most who say they have seen them say Yellowstone, which is a crowded shithole.

I'm asking Canadabros and those in the NW of the US - where is an excellent place to travel such that at least listening to howling wolves at night is guaranteed? I've read Canada has more wolves than the entire US but can't find any specific info. My ideal experience would be to listen to them without having to be part of one of those damn tours
>>
>>1155836
There you go.
I hear them sometimes at the cabin not far from Montreal, but there are way more coyotes than wolves in that area.
>>
>>1155836
Alaska, Yellowstone, and Minnesota are your best bets. Good luck anywhere OP wolves travel far daily so if you see one it's ransom

I've seen several all over the north but mostly in these 3 areas
>>
Do you really just want to hear them? They howl back if you howl.

Guaranteed is a bit much without a time frame, and a no tour speculation. It's a thing in Algonquin park to howl at them though, so there's people and wolves howling back and forth.

They're more active when the moon is full. Sound travels better over snow, and nights are a lot longer during winter.

As posted earlier, coyotes howl, dogs too. Doubt you would be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>1155863
I've seen them in Alaska, at Denali from the bus and heard them at night at Kantishna. I saw packs of gray and arctic wolves at the Shubenacadie wildlife preserve in Nova Scotia, and they were very close.
>>
>>1155836
OP ought to go to Romania or Transylvania...stay in a castle or old country house...read a scary novel...and hear wolves there. Now that would be an experience!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88KjeN6DKA

http://www.wildtransylvania.com/2010/06/wolves-in-woods.html
>>
>>1155845

Ah, the famous Idaho-Wyoming ballsack.
>>
>>1155907
I actually thought of Transylvania, but like for Canada I could not find much information.

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far, trying to zone in on a place to start looking at vacation rentals near the area
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.