[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the opportunity to move from Europe to other countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Ile-Jersey-6.jpg (237KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
Ile-Jersey-6.jpg
237KB, 1070x713px
I have the opportunity to move from Europe to other countries because of my parents and I’ve chosen England to improve my English.
I have to choose between:

>London
>Oxford
>Cambridge
>Eastbourne
>Brighton
>Bournemouth
>Bristol
>Manchester

Any thoughts about theses areas ? What should I do/choose ?
>>
Manchester or Bristol. I've lived in both, and they're both excellent. I live in a place called "Bury" near Manchester and it's amazing.

Avoid London
>>
england resident here

I'm not even sure what to say... are you planning to work or study or anything here? What places do you like? Where are you coming from?

I've been to brighton/eastbourne/bournemouth and all I can really think of to differentiate between them is that bournemouth has a sandy beach, the others are horrible stones. :P

I wouldn't like to live in London because of the cost of living and because it is so densely populated. I also dislike being around many people who don't speak english (hey whatever, its a personal preference, not saying they shouldn't be there). So perhaps as english isn't your first language this wouldn't matter to you.

Brighton is very inclusive and has a large gay scene (it's known as the gay capital of the UK). It's one of the only places where the green party got in. So if you like that artsy liberal stuff Brighton is ideal.

Eastbourne is smaller than Brighton, right close to one of the most popular suicide spots in the world (beachy head) if that tickles your fancy! I don't think I'd choose to live there. It used to be known for it's elderly population, not sure if it still is.

The rest of the places you list I have no idea about.
>>
I've lived in Cambridge for the last year as a student. It's very picturesque and pretty, but on the downside it's quite small compared to other English cities and the cost of living is quite high (being a major commuting base to London etc). I hear Oxford is slightly bigger if you do end up going for this type of area. Don't go to either if the idea of Chinese tourists flooding the streets all year round puts you off. Cambridge is not car-friendly if you plan on driving when you are here.
>>
>>1155319
potential grammatical mistakes* sorry
>>
>>1155319

Another UK here.

Have you considered rent and how much you can afford.

It goes without saying that London will be pretty pricey accommodation-wise, the same with Oxford and Cambridge because rich folks who work in London but don't want to live there commute from a bit further away and push up the house prices locally.

Manchester is another major cosmopolitan area but much further north.

I would also recommend thinking about access to travel routes such as trains, major motorways etc. Do you have a car?

At the end of the day money will dictate where you will live so pay close attention to that.
>>
Manchester, easily.

First reply is correct, though Manchester is far cheaper than Bristol. Bristol is incredibly bourgeois.
>>
>>1155289
London= good culture lots to do but expensive af
Brighton= like small hilly london but a lot more hipstery
Manchester= great night life can be quite rough and a bit racist in areas
Cambridge= up and coming tech center big on bikes
Bournemouth= fake sandy beaches but it's england so will be cold a lot. Kind of has a fake feel to it lots of old people and students
>>
>>1155670
Is Brighton hipstery? Where?
>>
>>1155289

Have you considered Scotland? Because Edinburgh has great things going for it, especially if you plan on settling for a few months. Nice looking town with cool architecture, plenty of language schools, great nightlife, cosmopolitan population and its not as pricey as some places down south.

The down side of living in Scotland is the cold, dark winters. Try to keep a distance from drunk Scots - I've receive a range of abuse by pissed locals for being English. Usually their too drunk to swing fist without tripping over themselves so its not too much of a hassle.

Also, a lot of cheap student accommodation in the UK is rotten with damp and rot so make sure to do your research before deciding on a place to live.
>>
>>1155319
>and I’m 16 by the way
You do know that, by the rules, you are too young to be posting on 4chan?
>>
>>1155319
MODS MODS MODS

UNDERAGE B&!!!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.