[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American candy in Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (733KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
733KB, 800x534px
So I'm going to be visiting a friend in Italy next month. As a gift, I want to bring her a bunch of American candies so she can see what we have here. I'm trying to figure out what American candies are currently sold in Europe so I know what to not buy.

Any advice?
>>
>>1155061
Why wouldn't you just ask your friend about this?
>>
make a list of the stuff you want to get her, and then just wikipedia/google if it is sold in europe
or you can go to the manufacturers italian site, which would tell you the same
>>
>>1155061
I guess it's the Friday night friend zone posts
>>
i think they're going to be underwhelmed. our chocolate is fucking shit compared to theirs.

at least if you're talking mass produced like in your pic. if you get some niche/specialty stuff they might be interested
>>
>>1155061

Italian here, I'll just give you a list of what comes to mind:

- Snickers
- Bounty
- KitKat
- Mars
- Lion
- M&M's (but I never saw Skittles)

There's probably loads more but I can't remember right now.

I can tell you if I were your friend I'd like you to bring twinkies and poptars, and perhaps a few sodas like cherry soda, grape soda etc. since we don't have those.

Our sodas are basically just lemon, orange, grapefruit, coke and sprite.

Hope that helps at least somewhat.
>>
>I'm trying to figure out what American candies are currently sold in Europe
>in Europe

Do Americans actually believe that all of Europe sells the same kinds of candies, from Spain to Ukraine? This is a new low.
>>
>be Euro in 2016
>buy a pack of 'little niggers' for a dollar
Tables have turned, Ameribro.

Jokes aside, there are chocolaye biscuits called 'little niggers' with said things on the box in E Europe and yes, theyre hilarious.

I'm almost positive that we don't have hershey's, ding dongs, enitre line of stuff from hostess and a lot more. Basically what Italanon listed above is the norm throughout Europe. You'll find American stuff in speciality stores and ofc theres unique stuff for every country, but not very common and Im sure she'll appreciate
>>
>>1155061
>As a gift, I want to bring her a bunch of American candies so she can see what we have here. I'm trying to figure out what American candies are currently sold in Europe so I know what to not buy.
They have delicious hard candies in Italy, pretty much have us beat, such as Perugina Sorrento. The chocolate in Europe is like our finer brands of US chocolate at home. So what I would do is find "special edition" things, like Halloween themed stuff out right now like jackolantern reeses, the funkiest Nerds Rope, jelly bellys are american fyi, snappers those pretzel chocolate caramel things, salt taffy is american.

Unique to the US/north america: orange blossom honey, maple syrup (if you can find the candy), cane syrup is delicious on cornbread muffin mix which make a nice pairing, black walnuts, and certain berry jams like boysenberry. Mexican things can be harder to get in Europe, so think about a natural fruit filled aqua fresca drink mix like guanabana Klass, which will be a tropical ahhh. US alcohol, such as southern comfort, titos, and such might be a fun diversion, even if only 1oz sizes for carryon. I'm pretty sure the Pumpkin Spice craze is only American. Going somewhere like Target or Wal-mart will get you all the latest coffee flavors, dipped cookies, hot cocoa mix and crap that is themed.
>>
>>1155209
>Do Americans actually believe that all of Europe sells the same kinds of candies, from Spain to Ukraine? This is a new low.
I am guessing you are autistic.
>>
>>1155061
What fucking state in Europe are you in?
>>
>>1155214
In France we have these candies called negroes heads; kinda like liquorice candies from what I remember.
>>
>>1155207

Alright thanks man.

I'll buy some Reeses, Skittles, poptarts, and maybe some caramel popcorn or something that's made locally.
>>
German here, we can get Southern Comfort in every supermarket.
>>
A European Snickers bar is not the same as a US Snickers bar.
If you actually want to treat this lady then you'll have to buy imported US candy. This will not be cheap.
>>
If your friend is a snack nerd, you can bring some US 3Musketeers which are equivalent to the EU MilkyWay, but different from the US MilkyWay (which you can bring too) closer to the EU Mars bar.

Maple syrup and peanut butter are less available in Europe, I think mostly for cultural reasons.

Perhaps cinnamon or pumpkin flavoured cakes are somewhat more typical of US.

On the chocolate side, it's true that European snacks are often superior.
>>
>>1155297
Skeetles sold in Europe.
>>
>>1155402
>Maple syrup and peanut butter are less available in Europe, I think mostly for cultural reasons

Or because maple syrup comes from maple trees which only grow in. Yeah America?

And only America has a twisted fascination with highly processed (f)ucking foul peanut additive in all their foods. I like peanuts, I like peanut butter (aka ground peanuts, no added shot like Americans do). Reece's pieces are a ducking cancer in the name of both peanut and chocolate.

I get comparing candies is a fun idea, but having had candies over 4 continents north american is either on pat or worse. Expect her to be bemused and unimpressed.
>>
>>1155061
german here who had access to the commissary and px at the military base.

i recommend
oat meal cookies
chips ahoy cookies (chewy)
kool aid
twizzlers
>>
Nice thought OP.
As a euro, I'm always impressed at the varieties of m&m's.
We have plain chocolate, plain dark chocolate, peanut and crispy.
You have cookie, birthday cake, peanut butter, peppermint and other weird stuff. You'd be pretty sure to impress with those.

We have kinder and milka when it come to chocolate snacks, so I'm afraid anything Hershey's and Reese's is going to taste gross to your average Euro.
We have only oreos, and big expectations about twinkies, donettes and other stuff we see on TV and never get to try.
Marshmallow spread is a novelty too!
>>
>>1155239
that's a completely reasonable post. There are dozens of sovereign nations in europe and each is different. Of course he did specify Italy but still
>>
>>1155061
Don't know about italy but here's some of the shit I couldn't find in a few other countries in Europe

>Arizona iced tea
>Charleston chew
>Twinkies/ding dongs
>skittles other than red, blue, or green packets
>twizzlers
>fun dip
>fruit roll ups
>pop tarts
>marshmallow spread
>nerds
>air heads

Also, like other anons said, Europe usually only gets the basic and sour flavors of candies (skittles, starburst etc) so any special editions work too
>>
>>1155061
Everything in pic related is sold in europe

except crunch
>>
>>1155297
get sour patch kids and jolly ranchers
>>
>>1156579
Crunch is widespread in France.
However, out of the pic I've never seen Almond Joy, butterfingers, Reese's or Hershey's product here.
>>
>>1156443
American peanut m&ms have this peanut butter crap in them, Australian peanut m&ms contain an actual peanut.

The more you know....
>>
>>1157749
Yeah that's what I meant by we have peanut only while USA have peanut butter as well. We do have an actual whole peanut in there but I'm pretty positive I have seen peanut m&m's (yellow wrapper) in the US too.
>>
>>1157749
Americans have both peanut M&Ms and peanut butter M&Ms. Peanut has a yellow wrapper and peanut butter has an orange-red wrapper.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.