[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do in Vancouver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Gonna go from August 25 for 10-14 days. Have an idea of where to go and what to see, but I'm always a fan of asking you guys.

I plan on partying, sight seeing, and hiking
>>
rent a bike ride to wreck beach, third beach, jericho beach- take the sea wall.
hike the baden powell, eagle bluffs, the chief
check out some nearby towns like deep cove and white rock
party wherever you want man there's bars everywhere but the best are just all-day beach parties at wreck or third
getting a bike makes it a lot of fun though
avoid granville street
>>
If it's a full two weeks, I'd recommend going to at least one nearby place. Whistler has a lot of partying during summer. Gulf Islands are really nice this time of year. Victoria is a long day trip, or a easy overnight.
>>
thats awesome. any other ideas?
>>
File: Pacific-Rim-NP_MG_8904.jpg (48KB, 800x223px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific-Rim-NP_MG_8904.jpg
48KB, 800x223px
>>1151741

That's a long time for Vancouver. Agree that Whistler would be good for a couple of days, although $$$.

I recommend going to Vancouver Island for 3-4 days. Try and get to Pacific Rim National Park. Surf and hike in real temperate rain forest.

There are cheapish buses to Pac Rim from downtown Victoria, or you could rent a car if you have the spare cash.
>>
what can I do for accommodations? Im looking at hostels. Not sure if my friends are down for that. All hotels seem quite expensive at about $100 per night
>>
The nightlife sucks in Vancouver and it's expensive. That's cold truth. Hiking and sightseeing won't be a disappointed though. Don't go on the Capilano Suspension Bridge, it's a tourist trap and you'll surrounded by annoying Chinese people. You're better off going to Lynn Canyon, but you'll still run into a million yapping Chinese in the park.

Chinese tourists have wrecked all the parks in Vancouver for locals.
>>
>>1151957
isn't Vancouver all Chinese people, anyway?
>>
Check out the the bistros on commercial street.
>>
Commercial street is fun, as is Gastown. My girlfriend and I got an airbnb in Chinatown, which was also a nice area and a 5 minute walk to Gastown, for $40/night. So we had to walk through the infamous downtown east side to grt to gastown...but really, we didn't feel unsafe at all. There's just a lot of drug use and mental illness on that 3 block stretch of Hastings. Which, if you're looking for drugs, just go to Hastings and Main.
Check out the cat cafe if you like the company of cats
Granville island was pretty touristy, but still had some cool stuff
>>
>>1152586
Also, go to Stanley Park
>>
>>1151750
W-what's so bad about Granville?
>>
The weather will be nice the next couple of weeks so enjoy the outdoors. Go to deep cove and ask around where to start the Quarry Rock trail, it's only a 30 minute hike but the views from there are great. Lynn valley as mentioned before has some good hiking trails as well but don't go towards the river where everyone goes, go a bit further out and enjoy the nature there.

If you don't want to venture out far that way I suggest sticking to downtown and kitsilano. So in downtown I recommend going to false creek, walk by science world and keep walking until you reach granville island. Eat your lunch/dinner there and either go over to downtown on one of the bridges or just continue walking towards kitsilano. The views of Vancouver itself are my favourite around false creek so don't skip out on this. In Kits go along west 4th for some good restaurants.

Chinatown has some good restaurants as well, if you're there and hungry go to New Town Bakery and order some steamed bbq pork buns (best in town imo and I've had them in many places). Another good restaurant is Phnom Penh, get the chicken wings or frog legs there. Chinatown itself is kinda dying off these days but the garden they have there is a nice spot to spend a little bit of time.

When it comes to partying Vancouver sucks so go for some beers in Gastown but don't expect anything amazing. Booze is ridiculously expensive :(
>>
>>1151741
Don't go to Whistler, it's full of Australians. If you have to ask why Australians should be avoided, you're a lucky man.

Also you should visit Chinatown. Locals call it "Richmond".
>>
>>1154378
just a bunch of drunk fools, I'm referring to the strip downtown and specifically at night time. it's okay during theday, not much to see, granville island is a popular tourist spot but basically sucks..
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.