[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am Brazilian and I'll be giving tips on destinations and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: br.png (4KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
br.png
4KB, 268x188px
I am Brazilian and I'll be giving tips on destinations and prices in Brazil. I will also help end myths and legends about tourism in Brazil. Anyway : ask for a Brazilian anything you ever wanted to know about Brazil
>>
I feel like if I ever went to Brazil, being a scrawny white guy, I would get mugged within an hour. Is this probable?

Also, are there many cafes with live bossa nova?
>>
I am interested in traveling to Brazil for bjj. What is the likelihood of me being stabbed to death within an hour and the video ending up on liveleak?
>>
How much to buy a sex slave?
>>
>>1150875
What are the chances for a French guy (white) to get laid in Brazil?
I don't speak Portuguese
>>
>>1150875
Sup mate decided to try out a work away in Rio after the Olympics are over in December and stay for a month any ideas on things i should do while there i have my own ideas but since you are Brazilian i want to know your suggestions thanks mate.

One of the options for workaway is the a "pacified" favela known as Vidigal is that one actually safe? Honestly even if it's pacified I think it might be sketchy

I'm mulatto btw so probably not that out of place
I'm learning Portuguese as well so that will be 3 and a half months of practice before the trip

>>1150884
Not op clearly
I heard french speakers are the best Portuguese speakers outside of natives,so learn basic flirting.
Being White is probably an advantage for the brown girls
>>
>>1150875
Yo op any areas i can pick up trannies (hookers or not) and not be mugged?
Serious question everyone keeps saying the areas are dangerous but I have see videos of people just walking around these areas like it's nothing.
So I'm sort of thinking I'll be fine, idk being mugged is not the worst thing ever so maybe i'll just try it out.
>>
>>1150877

It depends on where you are , if you are in a risk area you will be assaulted, even if you was a black man with 6'10. But we do not live in hell, we can walk through the center of the city without fear for life, but if one day you come, try not to give the impression that you are a foreigner. And no, the bossa nova is out of fashion in Brazil , it is only played at specific bars or wealthy neighborhoods.
>>
>>1150879

If you do not do anything wrong, you will be fine. Also , look for more central areas or neighborhoods with low levels of violence, the most that can happen is you get robbed by some crack users, but here is a tip : make a grant to the assailants, put an old cell phone and some money in your pocket. If you are assaulted handed it to him, keep your real belongings in your underwear when you go to a walk in unfamiliar areas .
>>
>>1150881

If you come into contact with the right people, not much.
>>
>>1150884
Chances are high , learn the basics of Portuguese and talk that you are French, the women here like Europeans.
>>
>>1150919
Vidigal is not 100 % safe, but the worst that can happen to you is to be robbed. Go on an adventure, is a unique opportunity, a reality check, i recommend you actually go to vidigal.
In Rio de Janeiro has the most famous spots as the Christ , Copacabana , Ipanema .... go in all places , I recommend you also go in Lapa, there are several bars of samba that are the beginning of last century, they are really spectacular. Pay attention on taxi drivers and restaurants, if you show you are not brazilian, every type of trader will try to fool you.
>>
>>1151026

Anywhere in the world is dangerous , this is no different here. If you go to a decent place will treat you well , as in any business, they do not like to lose customers.
>>
>>1151052
cool thanks mate I'm really looking forward to my trip
>>
>>1150875
Where's the red light district
>>
Termas (saunas/brothels)

Where are the safest ones, and with the most whites?

I assume Sao Paolo
>>
>>1150875
do you think bringing an instant Polaroid type camera is less likely to be stolen (even if not i think it's better since i can still have the pics if it's stolen)
>>
>>1150875
What region are you from? I'm Canadian and have been here for a couple months. I've had a great time so far. Is there any interesting nature to see in Sao Paulo State? I was thinking of taking a trip to the coast to see Paraty and Ubatuba.
>>
>>1151054
Cape Town is dangerous yet there were no bullets flying in the media area in the World Cup.
>>
>>1150875
What's Salvador and the rest of Bahia state like?

Would it be worth travelling to the states above it in the North East of Brazil?
>>
> be 8yo bratty American white boi
> mom is Brazilian
> she's doing research for her dissertation in Brazil
> brings me and my sister along
> spend time in the favelas
> visit her childhood home in a seedy part of Sao Paulo
> stay in an apartment in Rio city center
> also stay in a paradise beach town near Sorocaba
I honestly don't know how I didn't get kidnapped

Brazil is a beautiful country, as I remember.

My question is how safe are the places outside the city? Something like the small beach town I visited (Picinguaba), wouldn't have much crime I imagine, right?
>>
Don't go to Brazil, you might bring back Zika!
>>
>>1151354
Three things: zika is a meme only matters if you are pregnant or trying to conveive soon
also it's in Florida already mate
And lastly it's fucking winter you retard
>>
>>1151335
seconding this
>>
>>1151335
I'm a snow white Swede who spent 3 weeks in Salvador. Loved the city. It's definitely advisable to keep friends around you and get tips from locals on how the city works. Felt a bit unsafe when I first arrived, but I got the hang of the city I think pretty quick. I never had anything bad happen to me, although my friends did get robbed one night (they followed this guy into an alley because he told them he sold weed...). If you have some street smarts Salvador is awesome, love to go again. Gorgeous city itself, spectacular nature around it.

I recommend:
Seeing the Balé Folclorico show in the centro historico (seriously the best live performance I've seen)
Just exploring the centro historico, going there at night and sample the street food, the drinks, go to different public places with live bands, dance samba and axé
Visiting the museum in the Farol
Going to the market in Pelourinho
Nightlife and food in Rio Vermelho
Get the famous ice cream in Ribeira
Visit Praia do Flamengo, Praia do Forte (they got sea turtles!), take surf lessons at Bahia Surf Camp (also a gorgeous beach)
Spend a few nights in Morro de São Paulo
Go to Chapada Diamantina for a few days (one of the best hikes I've done)

Hope this helps a bit
>>
>>1151041
I met a girl who lived in Sao Paolo (originally from a German dominated Brazilian village so she looked like Hitler's wet dream but didn't speak a single word German). She said she got robbed 3 times in the 3 months she spent there. Is this normal? How do you look like a foreigner in Brazil when Latina America has all races in their big cities?
>>
>>1151674
white people still stand out often due to acting like a foreigner she might have been too oddball since she's from a small town
happens to small town people int he us all the time they get robbed often when they move to the big city due to naiveté
>>
>>1151352
>> be 8yo bratty American white boi
>> mom is Brazilian

You're not white.
>>
File: tap.png (74KB, 375x247px) Image search: [Google]
tap.png
74KB, 375x247px
>>1151321
My beaver-brethren. Finally someone I can talk my language to.

I'm taking some time off from everything(six months, a year tops).
Having a hard time picking where to go.
Shortlist is Cuba, Brazil, Colombia.
I'd like to hear your thoughts/experiences abroad.
>>
>>1151729
Cuba? The fuck?
>>
>>1151736
Seems out of place, I know, but it's not a bad location. They're poor as shit, but they come by it honestly, and people are generally pretty friendly. The food does kinda suck, though.
>>
>>1151737
Why are canadians so fucking nice? And well im Brazillian so ask me anything if u want but really, Colômbia might be the safest location.
>>
>>1151740
only if he avoids Cali and Palmira
>>
>>1151723
Tell that to my skin color
>>
>>1151740

>Why are canadians so fucking nice?
It's the maple syrup. Does something to our brains.

>Colômbia might be the safest location.
I don't really buy all the rumours about Colombia being dangerous, but I hear a lot of people say Cuba is incredibly safe by most standards. That being said, safety isn't exactly my number one priority. I'm mostly just looking for cheap, clean, fun. Not a drug user, not a sex tourist. Just want sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and happyish people.
>>
>>1151982
>I don't really buy all the rumours about Colombia being dangerous
they are old but as i said here>>1151776
avoid these cities
Pablo's old home Medellin is very safe though Bogota as well pretty much anywhere else
Medellín has amazing scenery and lots of fun to be had cheap food etc
Cuba is getting more expensive as relations with the us improve you should jump on it now probably before it becomes an american colony
>>
File: albino.jpg (31KB, 675x405px) Image search: [Google]
albino.jpg
31KB, 675x405px
>>1151938
>skin colour
>>
File: DSCN2548.jpg (186KB, 865x564px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2548.jpg
186KB, 865x564px
>>1151729
Hello fellow Canadian. I can't tell you too much about Brazil since I'm mostly here for school and have not traveled much. I've been to Rio though and had a great time. There are many great hikes with amazing views of the city.

I've also been to Cuba and it sure makes Brazil look like the height of civilization. I mostly went fishing and spearfishing. There are some great reefs around Cayo Coco. I would recommend a car if you can rent one. As soon as you get out of the resort towns it gets "authentic" pretty quick.
>>
File: mekong-river-vietnam.jpg (53KB, 415x332px) Image search: [Google]
mekong-river-vietnam.jpg
53KB, 415x332px
Loo9king to maybe do a small-boat trip down the Amazon -- or up, don't really care about direction. O the off chance that you know anything about that, any suggestions for companies or the like? Small boat = 12-24 passengers, more or less.

Pic only tangentially related.
>>
>>1152030
>>1151776
Not him but I was thinking of going to Cali for a year as a 24yo Polish guy. Just how bad is it there?
>>
>>1151723
>You're not white.
fair enough but can we please stop calling hues brown?
Brown people have enough problems
Can we just call them Brazilian race?
>>
>>1151352
Sorocabano here, never thought i would see anyone spell sorocaba on 4chins
>>
File: Industrial4.jpg (458KB, 1914x944px) Image search: [Google]
Industrial4.jpg
458KB, 1914x944px
>>1151278
>>
>>1152991
always interesting to find stuff like that on google like did the guy just think well this is natural i have seen some whores in Amsterdam streetveiw as well
>>
>>1150875
My GF and I want to go to Rio for the beaches and nightlife.
Can you recommend other beaches in other areas/cities of Brazil that are not as crowded/cleaner/more beautiful?
Also, GF wants to go topless so recommend based on that as well.
>>
I'm white and moving to Paraguay, I want to visit Brazil. Is it true that southern Brazil is more friendly/ safer for whites? If so what would be a good city to visit? The flights from Asuncion are really cheap
>>
>>1153123
>I'm white and moving to Paraguay
american?
what are you doing job wise?
>>
>>1151041
Garota do Ipenema is hot because it was played at the Olympics. Bossa Nova ain't dead yet.
>>
Lots of questions

What kind of music do most people listen to there?

How is Funk looked upon by the general public?

Are the block parties playing it really that dangerous?
Is Funk still prohibao?

That lady that got shot and killed by drug gangs because of her GPS taking her deep into a favela at night..
How plausible is that? Can you tell you are in a Favela, really?
Or was she just not paying attention?

How is Carnival really?
Id imagine all the good parties for that are invite only, how to swing that as a foreigner who does not know anyone?

Chances of getting with a Carnival Girl in her outfit?
(I get laid pretty easy in the states, but then again I do not go out of my way to get the 10 of the party. I like all my 7-8s without all the asskissing/constant pandering)

Is being white put a big target on your back?
I hear about the whole "fucking playboy" hate thing. If your white and even from there they just assume your rich, is this true?

I am part Hispanic and can tan easily, should I get a tan before I go to blend in?
Or do the girls there prefer the Gringo look?
I usually keep a pale complexion.. But when I 'tan' it stays for months. My natural skintone growing up was brown. I faded over the years.
>>
Are Brazilian girls really that much into anal? Is that a cultural thing?
>>
>>1153450
I'm not op, but here we go:
>What kind of music do most people listen to there?
American pop music, sertanejo universitário and funk

>How is Funk looked upon by the general public?
>Are the block parties playing it really that dangerous?
>Is Funk still prohibao?
Funk is accept nowadays and played in every party, but the old funk proibidão isn't being produced that much anymore. The block parties that play funk are in favelas and don't recomend you to go to favelas.

>That lady that got shot and killed by drug gangs because of her GPS taking her deep into a favela at night..
I know what are you talking about, but I'm not from Rio and I don't know much about favelas and what happened.

>How is Carnival really?
Most of the Carnival parties are block parties and they are everywhere in big cities. If you go to one of them, just pay attention to your stuff, because pickpockets can happen, and stay away of drunk guys trying to start fights. I recommend you to go with a friend.

>Chances of getting with a Carnival Girl in her outfit?
Any foreigner here can get pussy easily just by not being autistic

>Is being white put a big target on your back?
Well, m8, Brazil has a lot of white people (look pic related) and it isn't a homogenous country and everyone from every ethinicity can pass as a brazilian. People will distinguish you as a foreigner by the way you act and by your language, not because you're white. They'll assume that you have money because you are gringo, but most people will treat you well and will be interested in you if you don't look arrogant.

>>1153585
>Are Brazilian girls really that much into anal? Is that a cultural thing?
Not really, at least the ones I know. These girls with fake tits and big asses probably are into anal, but come on, lad, there are a lot of cute girls here for you and you don't have to fuck girls who look like trannies or faveladas.
>>
>>1153693
>Funk is accepted
fix'd
>>
>>1153693
>you don't have to fuck girls who look like trannies
yeah i would rather fuck actual trannies
>>
>>1153450
>What kind of music do most people listen to there?
Poorfags listen to American pop, funk, sertanejo and forró, depending on the age/region. Richfags listen to American/British rock, MPB and poorfag stuff at parties.

>How is Funk looked upon by the general public?
>Are the block parties playing it really that dangerous?
>Is Funk still prohibao?
It's mostly a poor, young people thing, but it's getting more mainstream. Still, most non-favela people only listen to that at parties.

The funk parties are pretty dangerous, if you mind. They are organized by the drug bosses and their friends, so there's a lot of criminals. I wouldn't go there, especially if I was a foreigner.

>That lady that got shot and killed by drug gangs because of her GPS taking her deep into a favela at night..
>How plausible is that? Can you tell you are in a Favela, really?
>Or was she just not paying attention?
She was probably not paying attention to her GPS. Anywhere in the world, it is wise to have a good idea of your surroundings. It's pretty easy to tell something is wrong with your GPS.

That said, DO NOT venture into a favela by yourself. You can easily spot them by the unfinished brick houses.

1/2
>>
>>1153450
>>1153967

>How is Carnival really?
>Id imagine all the good parties for that are invite only, how to swing that as a foreigner who does not know anyone?
>Chances of getting with a Carnival Girl in her outfit?
>(I get laid pretty easy in the states, but then again I do not go out of my way to get the 10 of the party. I like all my 7-8s without all the asskissing/constant pandering)
Depends on the city. The "carnival outfits" you saw at the Olympics are mostly at a the Samba parade in Rio. Most people just go to the street parties. It's basically a huge open air orgy, so getting laid is extremely easy. Beware the thugs and the STDs tho, as these "carnival girls" aren't the cleanest and are often acquainted with drug dealers.

>Is being white put a big target on your back?
>I hear about the whole "fucking playboy" hate thing. If your white and even from there they just assume your rich, is this true?
>I am part Hispanic and can tan easily, should I get a tan before I go to blend in?
>Or do the girls there prefer the Gringo look?
>I usually keep a pale complexion.. But when I 'tan' it stays for months. My natural skintone growing up was brown. I faded over the years.

Something like 50% of Brazil is "white". Brazilian whites are very alike to Hispanic whites, so you probably won't stand out.

If you're white and foreigner, most people will assume you're wealthy, yes. Nobody really hates rich people though. Off course it might make you somewhat more of a target to criminals, but if you stick to the touristy areas you should be safe.

2/2
>>
>>1153123
Florianopolis is the no. 1 choice if we're just talking about the south. Amazing, safe, comfy city. Otherwise Curitiba, Porto Alegre, São Paulo are cool too. Foz do Iguacu is obviously nice, but it's actually better from the Argentinian side.
>>
File: MaxPayneFavela.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MaxPayneFavela.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>1153693
>>1153967
>>1153968
>>The block parties that play funk are in favelas and don't recomend you to go to favelas.

>>The funk parties are pretty dangerous, if you mind. They are organized by the drug bosses and their friends, so there's a lot of criminals. I wouldn't go there, especially if I was a foreigner.

Yea I heard about the funk parties being in dangerous places but wasn't sure if it was true.

The drug gangs host them and then everyone shows up. I have seen most of the Brazil crime movies (City of God/ City Of God Tv show BOPE movies (Elite Squad1/2) was not sure how accurate they were.
Obvious I am staying out of the Favelas. I do not go to bad spots here, wont bother there.
The closest I will get to those..
Is Max Payne 3 lol

Are BOPE dicks btw or are they pretty chill to normal people? Media makes them seem like death squads. I know Anderson SIlva was in BOPE he seems like a nice guy.

Thanks for letting me know about forró its like Salsa but a lot more moving around.

>>Depends on the city. The "carnival outfits" you saw at the Olympics are mostly at a the Samba parade in Rio.

OOO
The outfits are only at Sambadrome then? Thought that was like everywhere during that time.
Oh wow thank you guys for replying!
>>
>>1154358
>Are BOPE dicks btw or are they pretty chill to normal people?

There are BOPEs in a lot of cities, not just Rio. See them as your country's military elite squad. Off course some of them get pretty fucked up, but most are normal people.

They are no death squad but they don't joke while at service. Most non-criminals respect them. Fun fact: Elite Squad was basically designed to be anti-police leftist propaganda, but it backfired as most people sided with the officers.
>>
>>1152149
Just calling attention to this one last tie, hoping...
>>
>>1154440
there is an episode of Departures
about this
>>
where to learn conversational portuguese (brazilian) online? I'm fluent in spanish (mexican) and can understand like 40% of what people are saying when they speak in portuguese, plus, the writing is quite similar. I'm guessing it will be easy to learn?
>>
>>1154449
Yes knowing any Latin language give you an advantage what kind of learning experiance are you looking for because interpalsis free and you can practice with qts also if you have cash use semantica it's good
Italki if you want an online class with an actual teacher
Also use duolingo and memrise to suplement and you should be good also a good 1000 or so words are barrowed/similar to english so you can build a big vocab with that plus your Spanish
Main thing to remember is R is pronounced like H at the begining of word so HIO for Rio
>>
>>1154442
Thank you, I will look for it.
>>
>>1150875
I have a 10 year work visa that allows me to stay 180 days out each year. I spent a month an a half in Sao Paulo and loved it. I left that job and am planning to move to Brazil.

Where do you recommend in the south that isn't as dangerous as Sao Paulo? I would be staying for 6 months and want to get an apartment. Less than 900 rs a month would be best.
I have little Portuguese knowledge as well.
Beach cities are great, but but i'd be willing to check other places out. Thanks
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.