[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ I have a question. What do people see in Miami? I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: miami.jpg (317KB, 1500x630px) Image search: [Google]
miami.jpg
317KB, 1500x630px
Hi /trv/ I have a question. What do people see in Miami?
I get visiting for a weekend, but living there?
I feel like there isn't much to do except beaches and parties.
>very little historical architecture
>expensive
>crime
>everything looks the same
Am I the only one that feels this way?
I'm up for discussion
>>
Beaches, parties, Latino culture, gorgeous women. That's pretty much it.
>>
I'm going for a weekend. What do guys wear?
>>
>>1149817
>Am I the only one that feels this way?
Yes, OP. You are.

/thread
>>
>>1149817

No it seems like a pointless place to me.
>>
>>1150093
>I'm going for a weekend. What do guys wear?
Until it's Dec-Feb and gets cooler, the attire is expensive dress shirt untucked, plus slacks or jeans. There are no jackets unless you're going to a wedding outside of those months or you look stupid.

Something with contrasting fabric cuffs, italian print, something that looks okay untucked though. Anything a gay dude would wear to show off his work in the gym. If you are not fit and the tight dress shirt thing or hipster thing doesn't work for you, then you do a short sleeve breathable silk or linen shirt that works for the almost a guayabera latino look/vegas bowling guy kind of thing. Think Tommy Bahama. Just hit up Macys and get into the resort wear area. Tshirts and nice pants and shoes are acceptable for daytime restaurants, but anything trendy clubby you'll want the dress shirt.
>>
No, I can't think of anyone who has stayed in Miami for any period of time and actually enjoyed it. If I was going to spend time in a Caribbean city it would probably be Havana.
>>
>>1150110
Amazing answer. Perfect.
>>
>>1149817
Miami is one of the worst places to live in the US, it's full of 3rd world trash and crime. They also earn very little while everything costs a shitload so most of the city are really poor people.
>>
The great thing about Miami is that it's so close to the United States. Planning a weekend trip down there from where I live in North Florida. The beaches are nice and I love all the tropical plants and bodies of water everywhere, it's so colorful. There's a big difference between a subtropical climate like where I live in the Northern part of the state and a truly tropical climate like Miami's.

You go there to embrace the tackiness, to party, to expirience latin culture, eat ethnic food, do drugs, and relax on your balcony overlooking the intercoastal waterway, the sea and the skyscrapers. Beautiful. Smoking a joint and drinking a beer in the motel courtyard as you feel the sun and ocean breeze on your skin... Ahh.

As much of I love visiting South Florida, I get tired of it after about a week and want to go back to America. I would never live there, if you aren't latino or Cuban especially you will always be an outsider there. I love some parts of Latin culture, but personally it's not something I'd want to expirience daily. Tough guy macho bullshit, superstitious Catholic/Santeria bullshit, I don't speak Spanish beyond the extreme basics, third world mentality, "fuck you I got mine" mentality. Also it seems like the rudeness of New Yorker culture and the ignorant ghetto part of black culture is mixed in with Latin culture. Very interesting, but gets old really fast.

My parents grew up in Miami in the 60's and 70's, it's insane how much Miami changed in that time, anyone who's seen the Cocaine Cowboys documentary knows what I'm talking about. Plenty of honest, hardworking immigrants who are great people came there, but also many, many evil, savage animals from the slums and backwoods of Cuba and Columbia came to Miami and murdered, raped, and terrorized its citizens as they trafficked cocaine through there to the rest of the US. Miami turned from a sleepy beach town into a Megacity that became the cocaine capital of the world in just a few years.
>>
>>1150482
Miami exporienced the benefits and drawbacks of multicultarism on an incredible scale, whites and blacks quickly became the minority as the Cuban, Caribbean, and South American population grew. Sapnish heard on the street more than English there (in nice areas too, not just the ghettos) and there are more people in Miami-Dade county who can only speak Spanish than those who can only speak English.

My entire family left South Florida eventually for other parts of the Florida and the rest of the country, beginning rapidly in the late 70's and early 80's along with many other English speaking white and black Americans. It's not that we're racist or hate Cubans, it was the violonce and third world-ization that the immigration caused. Mass murders, rapes, and overall violent crime became normalized. It wasn't a safe place to raise your kids anymore. For every new Cuban family who were nice people you became friends with who wanted to live normal lives that moved into the neighborhood, there were more coke importers, mentally ill, criminals, and crazy people doing santeria and sacraficing goats and chickens in their front yard (which was of course concrete paved over the previous lawn with chain link fance and bars on the windows).

The original Miamians had no place for them in the new Miami of latin culture and cocaine. They're not bitter, they still like to visit, they don't hate Latinos and like parts of Latin culture, but staying there was like living in a different country from America, only they didn't go anywhere, Latin America came to them. If you weren't a Cubanboo or weren't obsessed with the cocaine lifestyle there was no reason to stay there for Americans who wanted normal lives in an American city. You're the minority there if you're non-latino or a Spanish speaker, you don't have much in common with most of the population and you can't even communicate with each other. The party culture is insufferable as well for normal people.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.