[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affording living in a foreign country(De/At) during university studies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: deu.jpg (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deu.jpg
2MB, 1500x1000px
I want to attend university in Germany/Austria, and I'm in eastern Europe right now. As you can probably tell from my place of origin, I'm not very well off. I have a choice, I can stay and attend university here, or I can try and move to Germany or Austria, attend university there, adapt to the life there during my studies and be prepared to immediately work there.

I think I'd rather choose Germany/Austria over a country that is ran by politicians who don't care how their people live and where there are literally no jobs. There is basically a huge wave of migration of young educated people leaving the country in search of a better life and in search of work (not necessarily to Germany or Austria of course, basically all over Europe, even Australia, NZ etc.).

Now the main problem I'm facing is, I can't really afford to live in Germany/Austria during my studies, and from what I have read, most of the scholarships require you to have already finished a semester, proving you're worthy of being supported by presenting excellent academic merit.

Also, working part time won't pay the bills from what I've read, and working full time would be literally impossible since I have to study in a foreign language which I've been learning for only a year now. I'm not really fond of picking up a loan either, as I've read that I wont be repaying what I've borrowed, but even more than that, since the amount I'd be paying back is decided in accordance to my earnings, so a bigger salary equals you give even more money than what we've initially borrowed you.

>TL:DR
I'm asking the peeps who live there, is there a way to afford living there during studies, that doesn't include a full time job or a loan? Maybe a minimal monthly grant or something enough for me to survive each month? Anything literally? Either place is fine, but other German speaking countries welcome too! (I can only speak Ger/Eng/Cro)
>>
>working part time won't pay the bills from what I've read
if you're hell bent on studying in munich or other similiar expensive cities that's probably true but cost of living in the eastern parts of Germany are significantly lower. The 200-300€ you have to pay to the university every semester usually includes public transportation and access to government subsidised meals in the mensa. You could also try to get a place in a "studentenwohnheim" (which means super cheap rent but it's hard to get). Bear in mind that the cheapest places to live in Germany (small(ish) towns in east Germany) are stereotypical also the most intolerant/xenophobic (dont know how much truth is to that but I thought I mention it)
>>
>>1147580
this. East Germany for you OP. What are you going to study and whats your monthly budget? part-time-job normally gets you 450 bucks
>>
>>1147580
I thought they abolished university fees?
>>1147587
Well my mum makes a shit salary so we agreed she would pay the living costs for one semester max, until I can somehow get some income going, be it a scholarship or a grant or whatever. Basically I'll have enough to live for a semester, and from there I'm on my own. Wouldn't a part time in eastern Germany yield less since the cost of everything is basically cheaper?
>>
>>1147666
>Wouldn't a part time in eastern Germany yield less since the cost of everything is basically cheaper?
no, that only applies to actual jobs. 450€ jobs are tax-exempt shit activities like cleaning for 10 hours a week, the salary is the same everywhere in Germany.

We had the discussion in another thread. living off 450 bucks is possible (in east Germany, if you live in shared housing/student dorm and very resourceful) but very, very hard. The problem is that every job that pays more will be subject to taxes and regulations and definetly will require more effort and time and will be harder to get.

depending on what you study, you could look into dual studies, financing by the state or a study loan. I dont know much about either of those options though.
>>
>>1147982
That's some good info, thanks!
>>
bump, anyone know some more?
>>
last bumb
>>
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/in-deutschland/arbeit/en/9148-earning-money/
>>
>>1149710
Thank oyu.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.