[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taiwan general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm in Taipei. I'll be here for a while but I'm just getting settled now and don't have much to do aside from getting my shit in order. If anyone wants to hang out/meet up let me know.

Also, suggestions for things to do in the area?
>>
Where in Taipei are you? The metro is super convenient to get anywhere really. If you're an /out/doors person hit up the hiking spots at 陽明山 (Yangmingshan), 象山 (Elephant Mountain), and 皇帝殿 (Emperor's Hall or something). Nightlife, shopping, and food are all good to explore as well; there's a lot to do in Taipei. How long are you there for?
>>
>>1147522
A year, to learn the language. I'm staying in the Jingan MRT area at the moment. I'll look up those spots; I won't have much to do after I get my gm membership/sim card/ bank account settled.
>>
>>1147532
That's awesome man, I would also recommend taking the HSR down to other cities like Tainan, Taichung, and Kaohsiung if you ever get bored of Taipei. Tickets are around 1000NTD which is a little over 30USD.
>>
>>1147501
Welcome to Taiwan!

If you're learning the language, dl hanping lite, it's the best 英中 dictionary I know of.

Here's a general overview of the island.

The north has Jiufen, the oceanside town that Spirted Away was based on. Taipei has 101, and Elephant Mountain.

The east coast is a nature lovers paradise, you have Yilan / Hualien / Taidong. Yilan I've yet to go to, but have heard the scenery's good, and it has the Kavalan Whiskey distillery. Hualien has Taroko Gorge which is impressive. Taidong can take you to some of the outer islands, Green Island & Orchid Island.

Down south, you have Tainan, Kenting, and Kaohsiung.

Tainan is the old capital and the food capital of Taiwan. If you like history, go to Anping or Chikan Tower. For art, go to Qimei Museum, The Cultural Center or Xinmei rd. For eating as much good Asian food as you can, just walk around or go to Huayuan night market. You can also get to Penghu Island from Anping.

Kaohsiung is a lot like Tainan, but with more western influence. Here you can find good European / American food. As for places to see, go to Pier 2, Xiziwan, Lotus Pond, Fo Guang Temple, Rueifang night market, Cijian Island, Xiaoliuqiu.

Kenting is where everybody goes to the beach.

As for the west, you have Alishan National Park if you like giant trees. Ershui / Jiji for cycling in the fields / mountains. Yuanlin for a good small town experience. Taichung for Indian food and Luce Chapel. Miaoli for Tea Sage Hut.

Lmk what you're in to and I can give you more specific suggestions
>>
>>1147544
I used your pasta as a guide last month (amongst other things), Hualien was great, wish I spent more time in the east. Kaohsiung was kind of shit, imo, just a drab city, but the Fo Guang Shan monastery/temple area was cool. I may be biased though as it was balls hot in the south.
>>
i wanted to try learning chinese in Taiwan too. Any good school/universities?
>>
>>1147748
NTU is the most prestigious but will also cost you the most. A lot of people come here on scholarship so it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg. If you are a student, check with your university if they have any partnerships with associations that offer language scholarships. Taiwan has the well known Huayu scholarship that runs every year.
>>
I had a day trip to Keelung, it's not pretty or anything but the night markets were fun (lots of seafood) and there was a really surreal 'tourist park' on Keelung Island with some nice sandstone formations and ocean pools. I don't think they get many Western tourists there.

It wasn't like a must-do but just something I never really see mentioned in these threads.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.