[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some lesser known great nocturnal cities of the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

What are some lesser known great nocturnal cities of the world?

I don't mean just the clubbing and nightlife in the classic sense but in general stuff to do for someone who tends to stay up through the night. Good restaurants that stay open late, people to talk to etc.
>>
Probably Barcelona or Buenos Aires.
>>
>>1147191
Seasonally the Christmas market in Germany and Central Europe.
>>
>>1147191
Almost all cities in South America. Restaurants open really late here, people generally eat very late. Would recommend Buenos Aires for its nightlife and food life.
>>
>>1147191
The city itself isn't lesser known, but...
>Tokyo is god-tier for late night life.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 1500x1000px
Hong kong
>>
Those cities are all horribly expensive, is there something in Eastern Europe or somewhere?
>>
>>1147512
in regards to music scene or which activities do you mean?
>>
I want a city where I can go walk my dog at 1AM, buy a kebab at 2AM, and sit on a bench and feed the pigeons or something at 3AM without this being seen as weird and without being hassled by either the thugs or the cops, does this exist anywhere?
>>
>>1148109
Budapest

i was drunk most nights tho
>>
>>1148109
any city in europe?

where do people hassle you just for being out late at night?
>>
>>1148135
Everywhere? Probably because I'm old and ugly though.
>>
Reykjavík seems up your alley, OP.
>>
>>1148148
kill yourself, /pol/
it will be less painful for you than to try to cope with unstoppable social change
or better yet move to Riyadh, seems like you'll like it more there
>>
Belgrade. Lots of nightlife and happenings, and it's cheap too.
>>
>>1147191

I heard Bucharest was a late city. I worked with a Romanian girl once who said how the cities in Romania served late, stayed up late, and moved fast.

Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>1148113
can confirm
>>
>>1148148
>buzzwords
>living in
Hey, you asked for nightlife, Reykjavík's got it.
>>
>>1147191
Eveyone knows the large cities, like Barcelona, but smaller cities, especially in Andalucia, never sleep as well. My personal experience is with the Cadíz region of Andalucia.

Another one is Manama, Bahrain. Some clubs don't even open until 2 am. And a bevy of restaurants are open all night. You can hardly drive down Schwarma Alley in the Adliya neighborhood.
>>
No New Orleans yet? A lot of it is nightlife driven, but there's lots of restaurants open late, music til 4 am, and locals and travelers who are only having a drink here and there.

Definitely not "clubbing" so much as day drinking, but at night.
>>
>>1148242
It gets kind of scary there after midnight if you go halfway down the block off a main street though.
>>
>>1148275
Sure, but mostly they prey on the thousands of easy drunk targets. If you're level headed and aware you shouldn't have much to worry about.
>>
>>1148277
>bears are safe just don't go in the cage
your logic is flawed
>>
>>1148282
That's a shitty metaphor. Bears ARE safe if you don't go into a cage with them. They are generally passive if you don't sneak up on them. I like many travelers do not avoid the Colorado and California mountains.

That said, I get the point. Sure New Orleans is one of the most sketchy places in America. The silver lining is unlike Cleveland, there's more potential targets, plus it's worth the risk because it's New Orleans and not Cleveland.
>>
>>1148242
I wouldn't call N.O. lesser known, though. Nor Hong Kong, as someone else suggested
>>
>>1148292
Ah, didn't read the lesser known part. I feel like a jackhole.
>>
File: belgium-bruges-belfry.jpg (78KB, 630x386px) Image search: [Google]
belgium-bruges-belfry.jpg
78KB, 630x386px
bruges is a little fairytale town in belgium and nobody goes there cause its fucking belgium so its unspoiled by tourists. also there are plenty of alcoves in bruges
>>
>>1148144

Meh. I didn't get the impression that Reykjavik was a very happening place much past dark. Lots of good nightlife on the weekends, but definitely not during the week.

I've enjoyed late night walks and times in:

>Istanbul
>Tbilisi
>Mumbai
>Belgrade
>Sarajevo
>Bogota
>Medellin
>>
>>1148113
^

also berlin
>>
I don't think most of the thread gets what OP wants. OP wants a cyberpunk city where you can step on the street at 3AM and feel little difference from 3PM.

Most of the "night life" in cities you keep recomending is actually inside, not on the streets, it's not public life, it's life you have to pay for if you're part of a certain caste and can't really access otherwise.
>>
>>1148366
I'd argue there are often more people out at 3am than 3pm in Manama because at 3pm it's hotnas shit
>>
>>1147191
Buenos Aires,Argentina, the city that never sleeps, the real one
>>
>>1147509
>>1147234
These desu. Latin culture (South America, Spain, and so on) tend to have a night-oriented schedule. In America you may have dinner at about 7 PM, go out at 10, be home from clubbing by 2/3 AM.
Argentinians eat at 10, go out at 12, get home from clubbing at 6, and so on.
>>
>>1148135
I'm from milwaukee and going out solo after 11pm anywhere other than downtown/lower east side is asking for an armed robbery.
>>
>>1149200
that's fair, I've never been to north america. that sounds pretty awful.

i'm the type to always find myself looking for something to eat at 3AM and never been in a european city where i didn't feel safe doing that. guess i'll get burned eventually but nothing so far. nor the local police harassing me etc.
>>
>>1148144
Are you serious? There's fucking nothing in reykjavik even during daylight hours.

>>1147512
Overrated. Trains shut down after midnight and most restaurants aren't 24 hrs unless they're chains or they suck. If you're into karaoke or clubs then yeah but OP isn't looking for that.
>>
>>1148295
it's like a fucking fairytale!
>>
>>1149200
america has 3rd world crime levels tho
>>
singapore.
>>
Sofia, Bulgaria has some pretty sturdy night life. It's mostly on the clubbing side of things, but there are more than enough 24h places to eat and there are a few parks around the city centre where you can see people just hanging out at night, sure most of them are either drinking or smoking weed, but chances are you wouldn't get bothered by anyone because people just wanna enjoy themselves and the cops, although bad at their jobs, tend to hang around these areas at all times.

If you want to go clubbing I suggest you befriend some locals and go with the flow, be prepared to drink a lot, but don't act like a retard, because lousy drunks can easily earn a beating by bouncers.
>>
>>1148295
Isn't it a euro star destination?
>>
>>1149439
interesting, thank you.

you have experience with other places in that region? the balkans
>>
>>1149455
I'm a local to Sofia, but I've been to a lot of places around the Balkans. Belgrad is pretty great, as someone already mentioned, it's very similar to Sofia from what I've seen, although Serbs tend to be a little edgier than Bulgarians.
Greece in general is pretty nocturnal, even in the coastal small towns/villages the "main street" will have people walking around until very late and there will definitely be a place to score some food, in addition to all the beach bars that turn into clubs after dark. Keep in mind small towns may have a resort-y flavor to them, which is not everyone's cup of tea, but if that's the case check Thessaloniki, it's one of my favorite places in this part of europe. Night life of all varieties, historic sites galore and some amazing restaurants. Traffic during the day is fucking hell though.

One more thing about Sofia: If you ever visit, be sure to stay for at least a couple of weeks. There are few tourist-y attractions, but the city centre has so many hidden gems in terms of caffees, restaurants, music & art venues, that it's worth it. And as I mentioned, parks in the centre are a social hotspot at evenings, which can provide for some really bohemian atmosphere.
>>
>>1149605
>Serbs tend to be a little edgier than Bulgarians.
???
>>
>>1148295
I know that's the impression the movie gives, but it is fucking packed with tourists. Ghent is the best Belgian city.
>>
>>1148109
Sofia, Bulgaria. I live a sporadic nocturnal life as well and going to a place for some food at 3 in the morning, seeing girls walk their dogs at 4 is normal to me.
>>
>>1149607
Aggressive.
>>
>>1149632
Really? Because everyone in Serbia thinks Bulgarians are basically all insane animals who kill for fun, pleasure, and advancement of their mob business. I'd think that Bulgarians thought we were a bunch of Eurocucked pussies.
>>
>>1149635
Nah. I like Serbia in general, you just don't seem to like outsiders much. Fucking love that one little restaurant near Dimitrovgrad. Cheap as fuck, delicious as hell, 40 minutes away from Sofia and with amazing dyuleva rakia.

As for Bulgarians, you might get beat up if you're a dick and disrespect people, but murders are a pretty rare occurrence around here. Murder rate is 1.6 per 100,000 people here, Serbia is 1.3. United States of Burger are 3.9 lel
>>
>>1149605
good stuff, thanks.

Zagreb was the city I wanted to visit first in that region, never been there. I'll try and find time for Sofia at some point as well
>>
>>1147191
Speaking of clubbing and nightlife, is it worth travelling the world for that sort of thing? (Particularly outside the first world.)

It's a vague and ridiculous fantasy of mine, to be the man with tales of drinking and dancing around the world in a series of flamboyant t-shirts. But I've a strong feeling such a thing is likely just a route to being beaten, robbed and stabbed to death far from home.

It's not even that I'm particularly shallow and could see no other reason to travel. On an individual level, there are lots of places I'd like to see for history, culture, etc. But thinking of myself as a third party, the weird fantasy is the international partygoer. I just don't know if that's a thing.
>>
>>1149605
Sofia local here, too. I love the city to death, but spending more than 4 days and missing out on other places in Bulgaria is a damned shame. City centre is nothing but shitty attempts at hipster bars, senpai. Leave the Ballans and go to a real place to get some experience.
>>
>>1149913
you're not the type to ever have or be fun at a party so just don't even worry about it imo
>>
>>1150025
I'm curious as to why you'd say that, given the entire idea arose from the fact I enjoy parties.
>>
>>1150026
if what's really keeping you from stepping in a party in a foreign country is the fear of being stabbed to death then this is your lucky day. i can personally promise you that's incredibly unlikely to happen almost regardless of where in the world you are.

you are free to go now. you're welcome and enjoy.
>>
>>1150031
I was being hyperbolic for half-hearted comic effect. ("I envision this isn't as easy as it sounds and is a bit silly, therefore worst case scenario."), really only the first-and-last paragraphs matter.

i.e. Question 1: is it worth travelling just to party in different cities, even if that wouldn't actually be my intent. Particularly outside of first-world destinations.
and Question 2: is "international partygoer" even "a thing" outside British teenlads heading to Majorca. (This being more a point of curiosity.)
>>
>>1149913
>>It's a vague and ridiculous fantasy of mine, to be the man with tales of drinking and dancing around the world in a series of flamboyant t-shirts
That just means your fantasy is being rich. Rich people don't get robbed or stabbed, that only happens to lower and middle class retards.
>>
>>1147512
Agree
>>1149311
Trains?Fuck the trains when you can sleep on the sidewalks!
>>
>>1149935
OP was asking about nocturnal life in general. Outside of sofia you don't get much of that, except at the sea side, but we both know Bulgarian sea resorts are pleb tier.
You should try looking past the "hipster bar" exterior, Sofia has some amazing places, if you consider yourself a "foodie" (i hate that word, but still) and as far as affordability goes you really can't beat it. In addition to that, there are some great music and culture venues, and last, but not least, the old buildings in the city centre are amazing at night.
I've been to much of Europe and a few Asian destinations and while Sofia pales in comparison to some of them, it is at the very least worth a thourough visit.
>>
>>1147191
Istanbul & Cairo
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.