[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a special type of loneliness I want to feel I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: brightlights.jpg (98KB, 691x480px) Image search: [Google]
brightlights.jpg
98KB, 691x480px
There's a special type of loneliness I want to feel

I want to find a busy city- the busiest city in the world with the busiest people
bright and loud and moving and active and alive

and I just want to sit back from a distance, and look at it
and just think

no idea where pic related is
but something like that
someplace like that
>>
has anyone been any place like that? and felt something like that?

forgot to actually ask the question in the post, sorry
>>
>>1147070
That pic looks like La Paz, Bolivia. Entering the city via bus you can get a panoramic view just like that because it's built into the mountains.

Pic related is from the National Geographic insta of La Paz.
>>
>>1147070
NY, Tokyo, Mumbai, London...
Do you want to be seated at a cafe, up close to the action, or at a distance like pic?
>>
>>1147072
Had a look and it seems amazing. Have you been before?

>>1147074
At a distance like in the pic would be really nice
>>
>>1147077
I was there a few weeks ago, acually. Total hell hole; chaotic, criminal, but the views from afar really are mind blowing.
>>
>>1147077
Get to LA and drive up into the hills. That's exactly what you're looking for.
>>
File: IMG_1129.jpg (752KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1129.jpg
752KB, 2048x1536px
>>1147070

New York:

Panoramic view (horizon is the city skyline): Garret Mountain Reservation, New Jersey (when it's open at night).

Hong Kong:

Victoria Peak, but you have to find your way out of that tourist trap mall that they force you into once you finish your train ride up the mountain.
>>
>>1147070
Watching Montreal from the Mont-Royal is very similar to that.
>>
Colorado has a lot of cities where this is possible.
>>
>>1147070
Pic looks literally exactly like looking at Las Vegas from out in the desert at night.

Go to Vegas OP.
>>
>>1147070
Driving out of the Mojave desert into Vegas is an incredible sight. If you come in past the airforce base at night, it looks exactly like this.
>>
>>1147096
Yes. Done this many times.
>>
File: shanghai.jpg (389KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
shanghai.jpg
389KB, 700x300px
That feeling you are describing I get in Shanghai, China.
The population of 24M people in one city all busily rushing about speaking a language i don't understand.. I love to sit back with a coffee and just people watch for hours when I visit that place.
>>
>>1147071
Know the feeling exactly and I love to do that too.

I would say Hong Kong is perfect for that - with having the poor Kowloon side and rich Hong Kong Island as contrast, too.

It's such a great night trip when you commute through the buzzling metropolis and see everything, then take the tram up to Victoria Peak and just reflect on of that. I've visited HKG probably a dozen times and still get goosebumps writing this as it brings back the memory very vividly.
>>
>>1147070
You could always try watching a Wim Wenders movie, try Far Away, So Close. Or The End of Violence.
>>
>>1147096
I'd love to do that. I should be in LA next summer, so I'll definitely try it
>>
>>1147247
My parents worked in Hong Kong for a while- they loved it. I'll definitely visit sometime
>>
File: Barc.png (2MB, 1004x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Barc.png
2MB, 1004x1000px
Barcelona, some old bunker from civil war on top of a mountain
>>
Kuala Lumpur
>>
That view for me is Toronto from the docks area (it's usually the first pic that comes up in the skyline). I'm not a huge fan of the city, but I often drive there and just think for hours. The sound of the water and the view of the city gives me the feeling that you described.
>>
>>1147145
I was in New York a few weeks ago :( I wish I'd had more time to try something like that. Loved the city so much though.
>>
File: melb.jpg (293KB, 1483x989px) Image search: [Google]
melb.jpg
293KB, 1483x989px
>>1147070
I have a photo of me similar to that that a girl took in Melbourne.
pic related (obv)
>>
>>1147222
Yep

Also Hong Kong, you can get the cablecar into the hills and look down on the city and across the bay. Unless it's smoggy and you can't see shit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.