[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /trv/, Coming august I'm doing a 16 day trip with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: sh81.jpg (121KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
sh81.jpg
121KB, 390x293px
hey /trv/,

Coming august I'm doing a 16 day trip with two friends. We're starting in Dubrovnik, heading south through Montenegro to Albania and fly back from Dubrovnik.
We wanted to do the whole trip with public transport. However, in Albania this seems almost impossible to arrange beforehand and trips
of only 650km would take up to 20 hours. Our itinerary is as follows:

9 Dubrovnik
10 Dubrovnik
11 Dubrovnik --> Dhermi
12 Dhermi
13 Dhermi
14 Dhermi
15 Dhermi
16 Dhermi --> Sarande
17 Sarande
18 Sarande
19 Sarande
20 Sarande --> Budva
21 Budva
22 Budva
23 Budva
24 Budva -> Dubrovnik
25 Dubrovnik

Getting from Dubrovnik to the south of Albania is the biggest problem. We are thinking about taking public transport to Shkodër and renting a car there. From there on we can drive to Dhermi and Sarande and on the way back to Budva drop the car in Shkodër again. We might have to stay 1 night in Shkodër.
I've read that the roads in Albania are very bad and the people drive even worse. How true is this? Is this a feasible plan?
Getting from Dubrovnik to Dhermi by public transport seems almost impossible so there's not really a way around renting a car...
>>
>>1144805
Hey, I came back 3 weeks ago in that exact area.

Dubrovnik is fucking shit. Skip it entirely or spend one single day there and do the walls. People are looking to squeeze you dry and everything is damn expensive for a shit city. I would definitely put Kotor somewhere in your itinerary, its amazing.

Albania is fun in a wacky way. Nobody speaks English, so prepare to use sign language. Oh and forget about booking anything in advance, everything you just need to pay for on the bus. I would probably ditch Sarande and swap it for Himare, amazing place. With public transport I did it this way:

Dubrovnik-Kotor-Tirana-Himare

Roads are actually okay in Albania as long as you stay on the main roads. People drive like madmen though, so you should be confident in your driving. I don't know about Dhermi, but from Kotor there is quite an extensive infrastructure.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>1145777
>Dubrovnik is fucking shit

We fly to and from Dubrovnik because the tickets were the cheapest option..
We want to get to the south of Albania as cheap as possible but we can't find anything about public transport in Albania.
I found some travel agencies which offer transfers, but these are still pretty expensive. We don't necessarily want to book in advance, but we also don't want to spend an entire day going from travel agency to travel agency to bus station etc...
>>
>>1146017
Just buy tickets on the bus, its not expensive, i paid 8 euros for an 8 hour bus drive.
>>
hi huis!

im going to albania in one month and i have a question about getting there: i am travelling alone.since i hate flying: is it safe to go there by train?
i am considering taking the train from vienna to either podgorica, montenegro or skopje and the take a bus to tirana.
any input would be appreciated!
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.