[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling circlejerk, also Greece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: The_Parthenon_in_Athens[1].jpg (339KB, 1144x804px) Image search: [Google]
The_Parthenon_in_Athens[1].jpg
339KB, 1144x804px
I'm going to Greece from 23 august - 4th of september, so right now I'm looking at things to do and places to stay.
My question is, could it just be me or is there a huge circlejerk around travelling? Looking at travel blogs every attraction is recommended and every city is great, everyone left their cushy corporate jobs to travel the world, etc, so I'm having a bit of cognitive dissonance because a lot of things that people cream themselves over don't seem really exciting to me.

Also, recommendations for things to do in Greece? I don't really like anything, but so far I've planned on visiting the major musea in Athens, the british/dutch party scene on Crete (I'm dutch), that's it really.
>>
This is what I'm talking about:
>“A great way to get to know Thessaloniki is to do nothing to ‘explore’ her, but instead just ‘be’ there. Just relax,” advises writer Rika Z. Vayianni, an Athenian who has been visiting Thessaloniki for decades. If you pause to linger and listen you will hear the city speak volumes, Rika notes in “The art of doing nothing,” the magazine’s introductory article. “Some of the things she will say, or show to you, will remain in your memory for a long, long time. Some of them will perplex you, take you out of your comfort zone. But the city does speak.”
>>
>>1144067
I find most people to be insufferable.

Delphi is pretty cool and you might like Meteora.
If I were you I would find some islands and spend most of your time on them. Crete does have a lot to offer.
>>
File: received_10205355957922695.jpg (174KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205355957922695.jpg
174KB, 1440x810px
>>1144069
Greeks are notoriously lazy and this just reaffirms it lol. "Just do nothing" lmao. Greeks, pay debts!

It's too much for Greece and Athens doesn"t have a good rep on trv. There should be a thread going on about now about it. The Acropolis, a museum and thats it.
>>
>>1144118
and what does kreta have? Knossos palace, beaches thats it
>>
By the party scene in Crete, I'm guessing you mean Malia? The best part of Crete is the western side of the island, around Chania.

Corfu, Skiathos and Santorini are all stunning, so I recommend them as well. Rhodes is worth a visit too, steeped in history, but a bit more "touristy."
>>
>>1144121
Uh, loads of stuff. The ampitheatre at Gortys. Loads of cool historical things in Chania, such as the Venetian walls, the Turkish baths, and the old town.
>>
>>1144111
I want to visit Delphi, but the bus to there from Thessaloniki only rides at 15:00 so that's really inconvenient :(
>>1144118
I saw it, the worst city you've ever visited-thread
>>1144264
yup
>>1144265
okay, thanks for the suggestions. But those things (apart from the baths) sound like you can experience them just as well by seeing pictures of them
>>
>>1144069
Just come back from Thessaloniki, this article should be read as "there is nothing to do"
>>
>>1145285
>he didn't go to Valaoritou
>he didn't go to Ladadika
>he didn't visit the old town

not even mentioning all the historical stuff you can see, like the wall, Navarinou, museums, etc

Thessaloniki is considered god tier for the nightlife by almost every student who's been here.
>>
>>1144067
Athene is fucking schijt, spendeer er niet te veel tijd. Het Parthenon en de Akropolis is letterlijk het enige wat er te zien is, en zelfs dat is totaal niet indrukwekkend. Verder is het fucking heet, en vluchtelingen overal. Fuck Griekenland.
>>
That one time I went to Greece, I divided my time between Athens and the nearby island of Aegina. I know you're going to Crete, so sounds like you've got your island life covered..but you might enjoy it for the solitude. I thought it was super relaxing. Bonus, it's only 40 minutes ferry from the port.
>>
>>1146919
>crete
I have my ticket, not my housing yet though..
>Aegina
I'll read up on it online, but as I'm travelling solo I will probably have enough solitude :)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.