[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, AR, TX, MS, AL, TN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: map.jpg (143KB, 1441x763px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
143KB, 1441x763px
What is there to do or see within this area for someone who is driving thru with 3 days?
>>
>>1143869
There's a craft brewery in Laurel, MS that gives fun tours and has great beer, and there's pretty good restaurants nearby in Laurel, Meridian, and Hattiesburg. A good art museum in Laurel too. If you like beaches, the Mississippi Gulf Coast is going to dissapoint you - muddy/murky water and litter on the beach. It's the only beach I've been to in my life and I love it, but every friend I've made from the East/West coast have said it sucks. The Gulf Coast itself is pretty good, though. Tons to do in Biloxi/Gulfport.

Tennessee has Dollywood and Gatlin Mountain, which I had a lot of fun at as a preteen on vacation, but I don't remember enough to tell you if you'll have fun there as an adult.

On the off chance you like Water Parks, there's one in Collins, MS called Grand Paradise that's pretty okay. My ex lives in Collins, so if you want to get in some nasty pussy in your travels, I can give you her number.
>>
>>1143869
Yeah bro set me up with her. Can she deepthroat?
>>
>>1143869
corn
>>
>>1143896
what should I do when I find this corn?
>>
File: 9780792281894.jpg (47KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
9780792281894.jpg
47KB, 400x430px
>>1143897
Prepare to have your mind blown
>>
>>1143897
Get off my property
>>
My 3 favorite places in this region is Natchez, Hot Springs, and Nola (not really in the area of the circle in that map but worth it imho). Some pretty cool plantations around that give tours and stuff.
>>
>>1143869
>Oklahoma
Oklahoma city bombing memorial is a must. Oklahoma city itself is meh tier, there is a nice arts district.

>Arkansas
Fuck Arkansas. Stop in Little Rock and go to Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site. That's about it.

>Texas
Based Texas. Go to the Fort Worth Stockyards and see a cattle drive on certain days (look up the schedule). See the old railways. Take a hop over to Dallas to go to the Sixth Floor Museum (where Kennedy was shot from). Old town Dallas is really cool and so it uptown.

>Mississippi
Time/budget permitting, see if you can book a river tour/cruise.

But most importantly, see if you can tour Dallas. Dallas has a great historical district and Fort Worth has two aviation museums if you're into planes
>>
>>1144009
>fuck arkansas

this anon has never been to Fayetteville, don't listen to him anon. NW Arkansas is beautiful.
>>
The best part about MS is probably Oxford, where Ole Miss is at. Not much to really do unless you want to experience pretty much the pinnacle of small sourthern towns and get a feel for that culture

The other part of MS to visit would be the coast but that's not really worth going out of your way for unless you plan on going to Nola
>>
That entire encircled area could be wiped from existence and nobody would bat an eye or likely even notice. On the western side, it's going to be brown, flat, and hot. On the Eastern side it's going to be green, flat, and hot.

It's literally not even worth the gas to drive around.
>>
huntsville alabama. u.s. space museum. they have nuclear missiles, nazi missles, satellites, a mockup of the ISS that you can walk through , 2 apollo 5 rockets, a space shuttle and a sr-71 blackbird. $23 for an all day pass.
>>
>>1143869
probably nothing
>>
>>1144693
sounds cool man
>>
File: saturn-V-natasha-01-m.jpg (67KB, 317x581px) Image search: [Google]
saturn-V-natasha-01-m.jpg
67KB, 317x581px
>>1144693
>2 apollo 5 rockets

Does that mean Saturn 5s? Do they really have two of them -- I thought there was one there, one in Houston and one at Canaveral.

They are fucking amazing machines, I would give a lot to see one launch.
>>
>>1143869
http://www.shreveport-bossier.org/
>>
>>1143869
Avoid Memphis.
>>
>>1143897
Ram it forcefully up your rectum and twist.
>>
This is the toughest question I have ever heard.

As someone who's been to 47 US states, I can honestly say there is no shittier circle you could have drawn. Holy balls dude, use go around.

Word of advice, don't carry pot, pot is no fucking joke around these parts, Got pulled in Oklahoma, cop assumed I had pot and advised me to throw it away. I didn't and less than 24 hours later got arrested outside Dallas for it. Paid $2K in fines and got a year probation. Just fucking don't.

As others have said, there are "attractions", but it's bottom tier. You'd be much better just hitting dive bars in small towns and making conversation than these time wasters.

Also
>>1143896
>>
>>1143869
>Alabama
What part are you driving through? Birmingham, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, or Mobile?

Each section of the state is vastly different from the other.
>>
>>1144693
HSV represent

If you're in the area travelling I recommend the following places to eat

Chuck Wagon
Gibsons BBQ
Greenbrier
Blue Plate

For a beer try Old Black Bear Brewing Co

Like the other anon said, the Space & Rocket Center is really the biggest attraction in town. There is a lot of Civil War History that is hidden in the area if you're into that. Check out the Confederate Monument by the courthouse at the very least.
>>
>>1143869
Buffalo National River. Google it and thank me, OP.
>>
>>1143869
As someone from Kansas, here is the coolest stuff I know of in that area:

South-Central Oklahoma:
Turner Falls in the Arbuckle Mountains

OKC:
Oklahoma City Memorial
National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma State Firefighter's Museum, and 45th Infantry Division Museum (all pretty close to each other)

Tulsa:
Philbrook Mansion and Museum of Art

Eastern Oklahoma:
There is tons of Native American museums/cultural centers in the various cities, like Muskogee. Might take more time than 3 days

Also, stay away from the parts of SE Arkansas, NE Louisiana, and western Mississippi that border the Mississippi river. These areas are very poor and rural, with not much to do.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.