[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

birthright trip extension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Israel-Palestine-e1406591871101.jpg (944KB, 2253x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Israel-Palestine-e1406591871101.jpg
944KB, 2253x1392px
Last year, I went on the Birthright trip to Israel and got week-long extension. When I was in Jerusalem, I went into one of the Palestinian areas in the West Bank just to see it for myself, across the checkpoint. I know that you are not supposed to be involved in any Palestinian activism, which I am not. But are there rules against just visiting?
>>
I also went to Ramallah.
>>
>>1143566
So, are you talking about a trip and deed you did a year ago and now you're simply pondering if you broke a law?? What's the actual question here, that you might have gotten in trouble while in a bad neighborhood and so were stupid? Or are you going back again?

Let's philosophically think about the mindset about someone who wants to see how the lesser half lives. It's just curiosity let's say. People tour the slums of Rio, the favela, and there are actual tour companies. Stupid, but let's just say that it is human nature to what to see people living on minimal income, no sewer systems or landscaping, people piled on top of people, and what that means to family life or how that contributes to the attitudes of those kinds of people, I guess. While you were over in Palestinean territory did you have a takeaway? What was your impression from your Western mind? Did you realize it used to be 30% Christian Arab Orthodox, but now less than 1%, before they were pushed out just like every other nation did creating a diaspora that is now 10% of the world palestinean descent expats? Every now and then, the caretakers of Bethlehem's church are murdered or beaten up for sport. Lest you think it somehow "cool" to visit a nation that instructs schoolchildren to hate in their chosen textbooks. No one faults you for wanting to see it, but any warm feelings sympathy should be checked with a little research.
Try this film festival documentary to see some firsthand citizens and their attitudes towards each other, and see what your takeaway is:
http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/precious-life/synopsis.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/opinion/08friedman.html?_r=0
>>
>>1143698
Shlomo please, keep your shilling on /int/.
>>
>>1143698
I wonder who treats Christians the worst. The only reason Jews never managed to kick them out is because they were prudent enough to own an old British land deed from the 1920's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27883685
>>
>>1143698
Oy vey

Remember and feel guilty about the 6 million and don't offend the poor innocent jews on your travels goyim
>>
I was asking if I broke an Israeli law or got put on some watchlist for doing what I did.
>>
>>1143761
Yes you did, Mossad should be turning up at your door to take you out any second now. I'd run and hide if I were you
>>
>>1143765
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>1143698
You forgot to copy/paste the part about how gays are treated well by war criminals and what about Sudan? Look over there! At least we're not Sudan!
>>
>>1144249
All that stuff is true, though. Where is your Apartheid Wall copypasta?
>>
I still support Israel.
>>
>>1144238
I'm not, did you ever hear about the Munich massacre and Mossad assissinating every Palestinian involved? Mossad are ruthless, you should microwave your hard drive and move house at the very least, maybe change your name
>>
>>1144257
They also murdered some folk singer by accident because he happened to have a similar name

But let's face it the folk singer had it coming to them, I mean the arabs attacked first and also we mustn't forget that anyone who listens to folk music is anti-semitic
>>
>>1144249
No one is copy pasting.
Only an idiot would assume people are exactly like you are, someone incapable of original and personal thoughts. If someone disagrees with you, then it's propaganda or copypasta of someone else's idea? Use your brain, silly.
>>
Please somebody tell me the Mossad doesn't care about a loser like me. I didn't hurt anybody.
>>
>>1144677
Nothing bad will happen
I am Palestinian and I've seen many guys like you come over here.

Here are some tips for you when visiting PA territories:
Be American, forget about your Judaism, and you will have every door opened for you with warm welcome.
Don't share your opinions on the struggle, and if you did be neutral or be more humorous to the Palestinians.
Other than that, it is incredibly safe place and you will have warm and friendly people everywhere. Stick to Ramallah, Bethlehem, and if you are adventurous go to Nablus but the precautions about your jewishness remain the same everywhere. Not saying something bad will happen to you if people knew you are jewish, it will just save you the awkward conversations. As for the Israelis they mostly don't care unless you are participating in protests against them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.