[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montreal, Vermont and more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: quebec_vermont_flags_vqei.jpg (163KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
quebec_vermont_flags_vqei.jpg
163KB, 2048x1152px
I'm a German national that will attend a wedding in Montreal and stay there for 3-4 weeks starting in mid-September.
At one point I will be at a distant summer house, so I hope to catch some of that Indian Summer while hiking.
Any cool suggestions on what to do on the island?

My French ist B1/conversational but I still have a hard time understanding full-blown joual, so I will try to familiarize myself with the dialect in the 1-2 months of vacation I have before my arrival.

I'd also like to cross the American border to Vermont by bus(Burlington maybe) and blow some caps on a gun range there since I heard that nogunz tourists are allowed to shoot at American gun ranges with an ID. Are there any non-Americans that have experience with shooting at American gun ranges as tourists?

At this point I'm even considering doing the 8h bus trip to NYC to see the city for a few days but I'm not really sure about this right now. Any experience with greyhound/megabus or bus trips in the US in general?

So, any suggestions by people that are currently living in or have travelled to New England/Quebec welcome.
>>
>>1143405
You sound like a nerd. I suspect you have had fewer than 10 sexual partners, this makes you an awkward inexperienced child. Therefore you should avoid Quebec as they are all grown men who will laugh at your beta awkwardness.
>>
>>1143410
Who are you replying to?
>>
>>1143408
Visit the Plateau and the Mile End.
They're completely infested with hipsters but they're still fun neighborhoods.
3-4 weeks is a long ass time though if you stay in the city, I'd recommend going to enjoy the outdoors before the hunting season.

>Any experience with greyhound/megabus or bus trips in the US in general?
It gets the job done and it's cheap but mostly used by the lowest of the low kind of people.
Personally I'd take a car or a train even if it takes more time.
>>
>>1143418
>mostly used by the lowest of the low kind of people.
I never realized that until I recently took at midnight bus from New York City to Boston.

Holy fuck, there was nobody good in the Port Authority bus station in NYC.
>>
>>1143417
shut up nerd
>>
You know exactly who I'm talking about, you little nerd.

"B1" French? Really? What kind of a loser talks like that?

They're going to laugh at you and steal your shoes and lunch money on Quebec.
>>
>>1143417
Ha-ha, this nerd seriously thinks I'm not talking about him
>>
>>1143434
He said he was going to Montreal aka nu-male/immigrant central, not the rest of Quebec.
>>
>>1143408
Mid-september to early october isn't the touristic season here in Montreal, but the weather should still be very nice, 15C to 25C in the afternoon.

I don't have any experience shooting guns in Vermont... frankly the best thing that area is the great outdoors (Adirondack mountains).

I would definately recommend you spend a go to NYC with a greyhound bus.
The bus basically picks everyone up friday early morning at a metro station and brings everyone back late sunday night
>>
>>1143441
>>1143436
>>1143434
>>1143432
>>1143410
Fucking cancer
>>
>>1143443
>I don't have any experience shooting guns in Vermont... frankly the best thing that area is the great outdoors (Adirondack mountains).
>>1143443
Green mountains range is the one you mean for Vermont. Technically Adirondacks are all within New York State.

OP, simply find some names in google, and call a firing range on the phone. The most knowledgeable people in the world on gun laws are the owners of these businesses. You need to be legally in the US, too. They'll know their rental policies for a weapon to Canadians for target practice. Note: not all ranges rent guns, so ask about that. In Florida it is perfectly legal, where I live, and snowbirds love to go to ranges. If you get conflicting advice from various business owners, simple call a state ATF office, that's the government entity that makes and enforces the laws. They could point you to a webpage or send a pdf that gives you the truth, and you could take it with you! The loophole if the range thing doesn't work out for you is that you could go out with a local hunter who gets hunting permits for all the hunting party, and then use their weapons. Not like you have to actually kill anything. Nothing preventing you from just target practice.
Here's what I found. Of course prices for licenses vary as well as time needed to get one, or they can sell it on the spot!
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-alien-who-enters-united-states-nonimmigrant-alien-visa-rent-firearm-lawful-hunting
"A nonimmigrant alien that possess a valid hunting license from a State within the United States or falls within any of the other exceptions or exemptions that allow nonimmigrant aliens to possess firearms may rent firearms to hunt or to use at a shooting range."
>>
Can you even rent guns at ranges in Vermont? I remember looking into it and not finding anything.

You can in New Hampshire though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.