[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: P1010847.jpg (6MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
P1010847.jpg
6MB, 4320x3240px
Anyone else here love travelling just to try new food?

By this I mean actually going out and trying food from the local area that you've never had before, or never had as good. Literally errbady who goes travelling says they do this, but very few push the boat out in my experience.

Singapore and Taiwan are definitely the best places for food in Asia that I've seen. Singapore has more variety than you'll find anywhere else, and cleaner (though can find a lot of less sanitised versions in Malaysia), and Taiwan has the freshest fruit I've ever tasted.

Had pic related on one of the Matsu islands (can't remember which, probably Beigan), it was a local dish with tiny shrimp in it, absolutely delish.

I'd be really interested to do more of it in Europe, anyone got any recommendations? I'm only a Ryanair flight away from most places so I'm thinking of where I'll go next.
>>
I don't travel for food by itself but I always love to try the local gastronomy whenever I go somewhere. This is why I get so pissed off with my friends when they'd rather eat something cheap to cut costs.
>>
>>1143369
Naw nigga I'm from Scarborough

We already have everything here
>>
>>1143382
My nigga my nigga my nigga my nigga

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/03/economist_says_worlds_best_ethnic_food_in_scarborough/
>>
if its something that already falls in with what i like i'll try things will i'm traveling.

i won't eat just anything for the pretense of it, especially when i know i wont like it.

and i certainly dont go through the hassle of booking airfare and hotels and itineraries, using my money and free time to travel to far away places ONLY to try some crazy food

so no, i dont travel just to eat food to answer your question
>>
>>1143369
>I'd be really interested to do more of it in Europe, anyone got any recommendations? I'm only a Ryanair flight away from most places so I'm thinking of where I'll go next.
I am sure you can consider Prague a culinary destination. It supports an inordinately large number of restaurants per capita, and it borrows heavily from at least 6 cultures around it but makes it their own. Add the deliciously light pilsner beer culture on top of that, and you're complete. Try underground cellar bars and order traditional food or pick up some international food you haven't seen before, tons of expats there of all types doing food.

My favorite traditional menu in a medieval bar is U Sedmi Svabu which is off a side street pretty well hidden in Mala Strana, and a good stop post-castle tour. You'll see reallllly traditional food, going back in time, like pork drippings with cracklings with shaved onions on onion rye, and pickled sausages and berries for appetizers. Smoked pate, liver dumpling soup with garlic, rolled sauerkraut and millet pancakes. They have a lot of the things you'll find at most other restaurants, dumplings of every type, speck or czech bohemian style but with more viennese mains and sides, as well as some polish, slav and hungarian influence. Whole venison legs, flaming kebabs and some other fire roasted options. Honey cakes or cheese filled dumplings for dessert, and you had a meal you probably couldn't get anywhere else in Europe unless you dined with someone's grandma but should be at every Ren festival if only someone would do the research.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.