[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.gif (522KB, 1412x1801px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
522KB, 1412x1801px
I'm thinking of going to Norway for a holiday some time. Where are some nice places to go and what things can I do there?
>>
>>1142921
I would suggest visiting the capital Oslo or Bergen, which you see on the map to the west coast.
>>
>>1142921
Either go to the mountains and hike, or go go denmark/sweden.
>>
>>1142921
Do the Norway in a nutshell tour, make sure to stop by Flåm.

Northern norway has the most beautiful nature, in Lofoten. Western norway has deep beautiful fjords and mountains.

Oslo is the only real city, and a great one too. Make sure to stop by Frogner, Tjuvholmen, Vigelandpark, Vulkan and Grunerlokka
>>
File: falketind.jpg (614KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
falketind.jpg
614KB, 1600x1067px
>>1142921
I've visited pretty much every part of Norway. If you gave us some info on your age, gender, interests etc, that would help a lot.

Long story short: the mountains and fjords are crazy beautiful, and there are many places to go. If you're fit you should definitely go hiking, Jotunheimen is probably the most famous place in that regard. Else Geirangerfjorden and prekestolen (picture search on google) should be considered. The mountains in More & Romsdal are also pretty. There are every kind of difficulty out there, depending on your shape.

One nice tip is to take the train from Oslo-Bergen/Bergen-Oslo, as you'll be able to visit the two biggest cities AND see the insane nature on the way. There's a reason Norwegians have slow-tv with the route 24/7 at times. The nightlife is really good in Oslo, depending on what you enjoy the most. Prototip: try a kebab in Oslo, you'll never taste any fast food as good ever again. And this comes from an European guy who ate everything when I lived in California and LOVED the fast food. It's actually way better than the original kebabs in Turkey etc.
>>
>>1143411
and, look up Trolltunga and Kjerag. And Lofoten
>>
File: 20160411_171037.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160411_171037.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1142921
Pic related from most recent trip in April.

Trondheim is lovely. There's a big university and they have a bunch of exchange/foreign students, so you'll always find people who've come as "outsiders" as well and see what they recommend. It's friendly, everyone speaks very good English, the coastline is fucking beautiful, the architecture is great, really worth seeing.
>>
>>1143412
Not OP but curious, can you camp/is it safe to camp between the peak and the starting point
>>
>>1143442
you can camp anywhere public that is at least 150m from a house. wonderful policy about the country.

>>1143423
can confirm. i'm a student at NTNU. trondheim is definitely a comfy little city (despite it being 3rd largest in the country). totally walkable and you really don't need to spend more than 2 days here max.
>>
Norwegian here. I hate Oslo, I think its an ugly city and expensive.

Go to the northern parts, nordland, troms and Finnmark. People here are quite extroverted and helpful if you need tips on gear, routes and such for hiking.

If you do wanna go hiking you should check out a website called ut, which means out. http://www.ut.no/
>>
File: DSC01284.jpg (5MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01284.jpg
5MB, 4000x3000px
>>1142921
went to Hardangervidda some years ago and it was great, even though we had a lot of problems with rapidly changing weather. definetly a top location though, youll have maps of the area as detailed as a street map with houses for shelter in doable distances if you dont feel like camping and still youre in the midst of nowhere and will hardly meet anyone for hours.

Also the public transport was comfy as fuck, just dont make the mistake of going to the toilet in the bus if youre larger than 1,5 meters or driving anywhere else than a straight, levelled road (which you wont once youve left Oslo). Anyone we met that wasnt drunk or tried getting us into shady areas in Oslo was really friendly too.

Oh, and you better have a ton of money if youre not planning on going totally innawoods. Norwegian prices reflect the fact that its one of the worlds richest countries pretty good.
>>
>>1143444
are you the lad i met a year ago in trondheim? we ate chilean food
>>
>>1143599
lmao stereotypical butthurt nordlending.

Oslo is really a very charming city during the summer months. Worth a few days visit.
>>
>>1143677
Butthurt soring detected.
>>
>>1143423
>>1143444
OP here. I'm going on a university course next year/year after which will include a year to study abroad. If I were to go to Norway for that year, would it be a great experience? Would I need to learn Norway before I go (which is totally doable as the year abroad is the third year, so I could use the first two to learn basicc Norwegian)?
>>
>>1143831

Not many exchange students coming to Norway bother learning Norwegian. By the third year, you'll find many courses in English at the Norwegian universities, and frankly you won't find knowing Norwegian very useful after your stay, so it might not be worth the effort.
>>
can we get some info on budget, intrests and means of traveling, sleeping and eating?
btw, if you let me know when you are comming to norway I would love to show you around, hiking etc.
>>
>>1144365
I'll most likely be going in 2019, so a few years away yet. Budget is about £3,500 per semester, then I'll be having accompdation at a chosen university. Still not sure which one would be the best though.
>>
>>1144365
Means of travel I'm not too sure, maybe a bike to get around locally and (rent a car?) for non-local. I'm generally interested with the landscape of Scandinavia, the political situations of countries there (as that's what my course is) and the culture as a whole, even though I'm not too knowledgeable about it.
>>
>>1144446
>>1144445
(This is OP)
>>
>>1144447
aight dude, thought you were a tourist, not studdying. annyhow, english is enough, but norwegians is often bad in english when drunk. not a big deal.
when you have freetime you should visit the vestcoast and the fjords there and lofoten, and if you have the chanse to meet a dude from finmark, go live with him there for a few days. best experience in norway is to live with the dudes upp in the north of norway, they are crazy there.
>>
>>1143423
I visited Trondheim and can confirm as a good time, but probably only worth a few days.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.