[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

InterRail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: interrail.png (1010KB, 1600x1174px) Image search: [Google]
interrail.png
1010KB, 1600x1174px
Let's have another InterRailthread, ctrl + f no results.

I will be journeying by train from Bulgaria to Sweden next week.

My route will be: Sofia -> Budapest -> Katowice -> Berlin -> Copenhagen -> Stockholm.

Should I make reservations for the trains in advance or can somehow reserve them the day before or so?

I will have 800€ money by the time I leave. I'd pay 246€ for the 7-day InterRailpass.

Is there any unexpected expenses I should expect?

Do I need to pay any extra for the trains, for example for a bed?

Please kindly share any tips if you have traveled Europe by train.
>>
>>1142798
It will be much cheaper to use buses, local trains or blabalcar than pay 246 euro for Interrail. The only advantage of Interrail is that you don't have to research anything in advance.
>>
>>1142798
I mean buses are so much cheaper in comparison to fast trains. If money isnt an issue sure then fast trains are great.
But youre paying a fee for a seat reservation ie the fast trains with good conenctions.
I avoided these and it ended up being quite a mess and it was exhausting travelling days.
Download the app and compare what time difference it is and what the seat reservation costs (these vary depending on the length of your journey).
Buses arent as easy to plan but they usually end up being cheaper a lot of the times.
>>
Yeah, buses will likely be cheaper, but the trip will take longer and it'll probably be much less comfortable.
You're paying extra money for extra comfort and time.
>>
>>1142798
Go to Krakow from Katowice if you can, there's very little to do in Katowice and it's pretty ugly. Krakow is only an hour or so from Katowice by bus.

As for your other questions, you'll be okay just to reserve your trains the day before (or even on the day of travel. Trains are very rarely full). You shouldn't encounter any unexpected costs and you shouldn't need to spend any extra on trains for beds etc.
>>
>>1142798

Same situation, also curious about train reservations.

For night trains, is it still viable to make the reservations on the fly, at the train stations, a few days before/on the day of your journey?
>>
>>1143622
It depends on the period of the year and the route of course.
Either way, it's always safer to make the reservation as soon as you have a departure date.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.