[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western Sahara

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Western_sahara_walls_moroccan.png (26KB, 904x727px) Image search: [Google]
Western_sahara_walls_moroccan.png
26KB, 904x727px
has anyone been in western sahara? is it possible/relatively safe to get into the Polisario contrlled zone?
>>
I haven't been to the Polisario-controlled zone, but I made a friend in Laayoune and he told me if I could stay another two days he'd take me across the berm to meet his family. I couldn't stay or of course I'd have jumped at the chance.
So I assume he wouldn't have offered if he hadn't thought it was possible. Maybe if you were traveling alone the police would turn you away, however.
If you ride the iron ore train in Mauritania it crosses over Polisario land for two miles, so that technically counts.

Otherwise the WS was pretty boring except for Dakhla which I loved.
>>
File: SAM_2875.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2875.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Why do you want to go, out of curiosity?
>>
>>1142608
Can annyone tell of a good route trough africa? Saftyconcern etc.
>>
>>1142706
Where do you want to start and where do you want to finish?
Cairo to Cape Town is popular, mostly because visas are easy to obtain in east Africa.
>>
>>1142734

Not him, but that's somewhat surprising. I'd imagine getting a visa for Sudan would be a tremendous headache. Then again, I suppose one country being a problem is still a lot easier than 5+ other countries being a problem.
>>
>>1142699
>out of curiosity?
The answer is probably in your question.
I lived in Morocco for two months and never went over there. I regret it.
>>
>>1142750
As far as I can tell Sudan isn't such a hassle as long as you have money. But you're right to point that out as the biggest hurdle.
>>
>>1142734
Thanks, right now, thinking of getting from morocco and head down to s.a and then move up to tanzenia, maybe as far as eritrea.

Annyone knows how to get a visa from my country if i don't have a set date? Or do I need to get a set date?
>>
>>1144091
Dude you'll be going through like 30 countries. You'll need a different visa for almost all of them. Angola is supposedly the most difficult visa in the world.
>>
>>1144326
yeah, but can i get a visa for a few months and only be there for some of that time? sorry for stupid questions, but traveling to africa soon and need some pointers.
>>
>>1142608
Ill be going to morocco in a couple of weeks and would love to go there. Should I just make local friends or is that not that easy?
>>
File: SAM_2876.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2876.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>1144364
Oh, now I understand. It depends on the country. For most countries it's no problem, if your visa is valid for one month you can arrive any time in that month.
For some countries, however, you must arrive exactly on the date of your visa's validity. this creates complications, especially where public transport is so unreliable.

>>1144510
Getting to the WS is as easy as spending 24 hours on a bus. If you want to get to the Polisario controlled area, yeah, you'll probably have to talk to people in Laayoune.
But the police there are generally very helpful and polite. So it wouldn't hurt to just try to take public transit into the separatist area. If you're not allowed across the berm, they'll apologize and arrange transport back to the city.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.