[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General AirBNB experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 7393802-11387642.jpg (902KB, 2917x1299px) Image search: [Google]
7393802-11387642.jpg
902KB, 2917x1299px
Hola

i'm leaving my appartement for like 10 days and i was thinking using airbnb to rent it for that period of time.

I live in aix en provence in France it's quite tourristic in summer.

Iv never used it before, any one could give me some tips or any advice ?

i spent the day cleaning and rearenging stuff, moving shit from drawers to drawers, i'm kind of stressed about stom strangers creeping around my stuff
>>
Don't let strangers use your house.
>>
>>1142552

thanks for the input buddy
>>
>>1142542
I've stayed 6 different Airbnbs before any only 1 I think was a private apartment. All of the others were holiday rental flats. They came prefurnished with like 1 spoon and 1 fork, 1 towel, etc so you wouldn't steal anything. I had to register with my passport and sign a contract too.

The private apartment I stayed in was in Poland and happened to be the first Airbnb I had ever stayed in. I met some woman and her two kids who were going out of town for the weekend. I paid 11€ a night for the entire apartment so it was worth it. I didn't really go snooping but it was still a minimalist apartment so I imagine she either moved her valuable items out or had none to begin with.

So if you do rent to people leave all your valuables with a friend and lock all unnecessary rooms.
>>
What is the reason for hotels and hostels when there's air bnb? srsly men it's great
>>
>>1142883
If the city has occupation taxes it may be cheaper to stay in a hotel. Especially if you travel with a large group (4 people).
>>
I stayed in a room in a womans apartment in munich. She wasnt there the entire time and the place was filled with her stuff. I never went through anything. I just used my room and the bathroom.
>>
>>1142929
How did that happen?

With Airbnb when you're at a host's house are there sometimes other people staying along
>>
I've stayed in about 20 airbnb's around the USA, Europe, and S. America.

Generally, they're all good. These people are making money, and want good reviews. Make sure you read the reviews and blurb's about the host. If there are a handful of negative comments, avoid the place.
>>
>>1142542
yeah atlanta and cologne

cologne was like 20 beds in this dude's sideroom lmao, the bathroom door didn't shut and i got out of the shower, some random chick saw my dick.

Used one in Atlanta too. Couple made my friend and I tacos. Had really friendly puppies. Pissed off the people in the next room over (friend closed their door to the bathroom, they thought we were peeping). 10/10
>>
>>1142931
There are lots of ways people can put some space for rent in ABnb.
They can either rent the whole apartment or just a room or part of the house or whatever. So it's possible to rent a space in abb and the owner still be there.
Also, lots of people rent their apartment while they're traveling.
>>
>>1142542
I used airbnb in paris, in center near river (dont remember district, 8th or 7th dunno).
Place was small but very comfy, shower, kitchenware, toaster, stove, clean shower. Woman who rented it had a lot of her stuff in the flat, but we were respectful and did not touch any of that.
>>
Posted this in the QTDDTOT, but gonna chuck it here too:

Anyone had any experiences being scammed on AirBnB?

Looking at a place that has no reviews, but plenty of photos. The owner joined last month and has verified their email and phone.

Is this enough, or should that be sending red flags? What happens if they simply don't show up to give me the keys?
>>
>>1142931
We were just renting a room in her apartment and I don't know if anyone else was staying there. One night we heard someone come in at 3 AM and were stomping around but that's about it.

Also the room that we were staying in was apparently some guys room who was away for vacation or something. A lot of his stuff was still there. Kind of a strange experience now that I think about it.
>>
>>1144060
I've never been scammed but personally I would only go to places that had reviews. I'm sure you will be fine though.

I am always scared that they have hidden cameras and are monitoring all the traffic on their network when I use their WiFi
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.