[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ I'm white and upper middle class, highly educated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /trv/ I'm white and upper middle class, highly educated with a tech job. I currently like in CA and I'm getting tired of all the liberals around me and the US's catering to minority groups. I only speak English and am pretty bad at language. Where would be the best place to move to live comfortably in a cultured yet not-diverse environment?
>>
Non-big city England, Scotland or Ireland (Republic of).

You'll do fine with English in the Philippines but I don't think that's something you're lookin' for.
>>
File: 1460828937677.jpg (69KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460828937677.jpg
69KB, 479x720px
>>1142363
I could definitely get along with the population of the UK after Brexit works and the migrant/islamification is over.

Philippines could work too as honestly Asians are just better looking white people.
>>
Asians are pretty good at not giving a shit about the feelings of minority groups and calling things as they are.

I recommend Taiwan as it's sort of a more cultured, refined China IMO. And I think it has the best looking Asian girls (Japan doesn't count, they don't have personalities) when you go there in person.

I'm educated, was at one of the major tech co's as a senior engineer, quit and have been traveling around the world for almost a year now. I don't think I can go back to the US after this, so I'll be looking at remote jobs or tech jobs in Asia too pretty soon.

South America is great too but you need Spanish there. In most of Asia you can get by on English and hand signals.
>>
>>1142389
I've heard a lot about Taiwan being a great place. I'd hope to pick up on some of the language eventually. But would it be difficult as a white guy to fit in at all with the locals?

I also always figured too there's the option of moving to eastern block of Europe and trying to learn Russian (which is like the common language over there). Money goes far in those countries from my understanding.
>>
>>1142368

Philippines is a third world slum shit hole. The 'asians' are brown and monkey-like.

Maybe Thailand is what you're looking for. They have some light skinned asians there, but more on the brown side. But lots of technies and "digital nomads" are going there to live cheaply and work.
>>
>>1142403
Perhaps Singapore?

Supposedly stupidly humid and hot there though...
>>
>>1142353
With the IT skills, you'd be surrounded by intelligentsia, and not just minority political interests people in northern virginia. The "Dulles Tech Corridor" has thousands if not hundreds of thousands of IT jobs, and is arguably a bigger deal than silicon valley for that work. The metro DC area is diverse in a white kind of way, strangely you don't feel race there much at all, really. English is the de facto language, and biggest language is education overall. You'll find you have peers and normal people, nuclear families, hard working people, appreciation for the military, everyone immersed in politics that lean more towards capitalism and not just a bunch of theoretical bullshit.

You can live in the planned 'burbs, the rural country and/or the city for any of these positions, you just pick which, since they're all easy commutes. It's sprawling, but it's a quick commuter rail to civilization too. In my six years of living there, I was pretty happy with the 4 seasons, the fact everyone has a masters degree and reads the paper everyday, openly friendly, and the real melting pot feel, versus other major cities I've lived in such as yours. Not being bilingual won't be an issue. It could greatly help you though if you had great credit and could pass a background check for security clearance to some IT work that overlaps with government contracts. Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem for you.
>>
>>1142353
You could try for basically any major company in any major company in Europe if you necessarily feel like moving outside the US. There are loads of high-skilled tech and IT jobs that pay very well, probably even more than in the US. High competition for the best jobs though, and not knowing the local language, while generally not necessary, can make it hard to fit in with locals. Generally a very international community though, so getting by isnt difficult.

Worked in Switzerland and Monaco for a total of twelve years, never found english to be a limiting factor.
>>
>>1142439
Major company in any major city*
>>
>>1142405
Expensive...
>>
>>1142368
>>
>>1142579
Though you could live in johor baru and live on nasi kandar
>>
File: images-5.jpg (10KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
10KB, 315x160px
>>1142353
I don't think Thailand is what youbare lookung for
>>
>>1142368
>and the migrant/islamification is over.

It hasn't even begun m8. Give it 20 years and they will think of now as the glory days.
>>
>>1142368
>after Brexit works and the migrant/islamification is over.

Amerifat trying to make sense of the world and getting it wrong, episode 83948129 of many many more.
>>
>>1142353
Probably Europe. It gets whiter the further east you go.

Don't move to Asia. People like you can't handle that shit, especially being stared at.
>>
>>1142353
Don't forget about the cost of visa renewals if its an island....whereas thai or cambodia you can just bus or train ovee to the border...

Also, the isolation in places like taiwan might get to you. I spent a couple of years there. Whereas if you go to a tourist mecca you will generally always find someone to talk to
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.