[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird airplane related shit on east coast today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fucking weird plane.jpg (58KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
fucking weird plane.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
Saw some weird ass shit today regarding a JetBlue flight and some Harriers
>volunteering at train museum with a friend
>walking into the building after gettting lunch
>2 fucking Harriers, bristling with missiles, fly over town really really low, as soon as they get over the river, they ascend like nothing I've ever seen at full tilt
>Guy I'm with is into plane stuff like I'm into train stuff
>checks app he has that has updated tracking of commercial flights showing speed altitude, location and direction of travel
>most of what he finds is normal
>then
>there's a jetblue flight off the coast
>36000 feet, heading south toward Orlando
>190 knots
>same area the Harriers are heading
>we keep watching it on the app
>gets south of South Carolina
>out of fucking nowhere it goes from 190 knots to 487 in the span of about 10 seconds
>graph shows steady increase so he's not falling
>the fucking pilot jammed the throttle wide fucking open
>keep watching flight
>gets near Orlando, still off the coast
>doesn't slow down at all and drops from 36000 to 17000 feet, still at now 510 knots, no leveling out whatsoever
>levels out at about 13000
>there's now a 50 mile bubble around the plane where no other flights are
>gets over the orlando airport
>3000 feet
>510 knots
>we watch it fucking rocket over the airport and head southwest
>disneyworld is southwest
>eventually it disappears from radar
>"holy shit did we just see a fucking plane crash into disneyworld"
>frantically check other sites for any info
>after 15 minutes we find a listing showing the flight as landed at the orlando airport
>what the actual fuck
Flight was JetBlue 6927, anybody on that flight/know anything more?
pic related
>>
>>1142328
>Harriers
Lost me there. They send up F16s, not harriers.
>>
>>1142328
Do you know what kind of aircraft it was? 190 knots is very slow for an Airbus a320.
>>
>>1142328
Fighter planes are very, very loud. They were probably just practicing and completely unrelated to the airline plane.
>>
I'll add that Disney World is due west from Orlando International Airport, not southwest.
>>
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
>>
I live near a military base, and jets fly over all the time. The maneuvers these two were doing were unlike anything I've ever seen. My friend confirmed that they were in fact harriers. Low enough to tell and there's an air base nearby that has a few. I was wrong about the location of Disneyworld in relation to the airport but desu it was more of a knee jerk reaction to the situation playing out. Either way that fucking airliner wasn't acting normal
>>
>>1143579
You found out something you shouldn't, they're probably coming for you now. Sorry.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.