[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to go on a mini tour through Europe (britbong here). Starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: prague-winter-pink-sky.jpg (402KB, 1752x1168px) Image search: [Google]
prague-winter-pink-sky.jpg
402KB, 1752x1168px
About to go on a mini tour through Europe (britbong here). Starting on Tuesday I'll be visiting Amsterdam (3 days), Berlin (4 days), Krakow (3 days) and Prague (3 days).

I'm most concerned about safety in Berlin and Amsterdam. How safe is it here compared to France and Belgium for example, and in general?

Also what are some interesting things to do that are less touristy in these cities, especially in Berlin? I'm a B2 level German speaker and I'd like to throw myself in the deep-end a bit while I'm there. I know that I'm going to be dragged through museums and the like as well as Auschwitz in Krakow, so would like to blend these experiences with some more authentic activities. Budget is modest, also.
>>
>>1141057
If you want to find authentic Berlin, go to the Berghain
>>
>>1141067
Looks dodgy as fuck
>>
Berlin is totally safe.
The clubbing and nightlife scene is very unique in there. I suggest checking that out but note the door policies and rules there (google them). The bouncers tend to be very strict and rude towards tourists.
The clubs stay open almost all the time every day. Drugs are also super easy to get if you want to. Check out residentadvisor for club events. I'd also recommend trying to get in the early opening hours so you will have time to try other clubs in case you get rejected at the door.

Other than that berlin has tons of cool abandoned buildings and places worth visiting.
>>
belgium a shithole
>>
>>1141070
Welcome to Berlin
>>
>>1141078
this

my experience is that ll the places you mention are very very safe

czech and bad spanish neibourhoods were the only unsafe places I went to in europe

just watch out for tourist scams and thieves; a general precaution for tourists
>>
>>1141057
I recently got back from Amsterdam and I had a very good experienece, felt completely safe and only once saw any trouble when drunk tourists were fighting outside a McDonalds.

I'd be vary of pickpockets and taxi scams though.
>>
File: IMG_1613.jpg (563KB, 1536x2049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1613.jpg
563KB, 1536x2049px
>>1141057

I just got back from a trip to London, Paris, Rome, and Krakow back in May. Krakow is one of my favorite places in Europe. Small, but has tons of European charm. Watch out for a Mickey Finn.

Auschwitz is something you need to do if you're there. Very educational, disturbing, and emotional. When I was there, Schindler's factory was going through renovations, and there was only one small exhibit.

Restaurants - go to the Van Goh themed pierogi cafe. Fucking amazing. There's also a good french restaurant named Zazie Bistro. They had this foie gras dish that was to die for.

There's also a gun range outside of the city that's fun and cheap as hell. I shot an M16, AK, and a PM-84 Glauberyt (Polish Uzi).

Oh, and Krakow is cheap AF.

I'm currently planning a trip to Amsterdam > Venice > Rome > Prague > Barcelona. I've been to London, Paris, Rome, and Krakow, Anything to note about these places?
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (773KB, 2049x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
773KB, 2049x1536px
>>1141244
>>
File: IMG_1533.jpg (1MB, 2049x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1533.jpg
1MB, 2049x1536px
>>1141246
>>
File: IMG_1553.jpg (862KB, 1536x2049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1553.jpg
862KB, 1536x2049px
>>1141247
>>
>>1141244
I think I'm most excited about Krakow, I like that it's smaller but still has loads of beautiful history and interesting cultural points. I was just worried about going to Berlin and Amsterdam mainly because of the shit going on in Europe right now but it seems from this thread that they're not so bad.
>>
>>1141067
>If you want to find authentic Berlin, go to the Berghain
Fuck off
>>
I stayed right in the redlight district of Amsterdam in a boat, got up multiple times in the night to take a piss in the public urinals. Never felt threatened at all, even when I was stoned off my ass.The sketchiest thing that happened to me in Amsterdam was just people trying to sell me harder drugs, but I wouldn't consider that even sketchy. The drug dealers there that I met are actually decent people and not retards with kingpin complexes like drug dealers in north America.
>>
>>1141057
i got robbed in berlin, but it was an italian guy so i don't know if it counts, apart from that it was great, you can just buy a crate of beer and sit around listening to some street musicians
>>
File: kbely.jpg (226KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
kbely.jpg
226KB, 800x533px
>>1141228
>czech neighbourhoods
>bad
Are you talking about one of the smaller, gipsy-filled ex-mining towns towards the north or something? Because if you're talking about Prague, I've no idea which neighbourhood here you could consider "unsafe". "Bad" maybe, but Prague is incredibly safe, there is pretty much zero violent crime, especially around the city center. And everywhere else, there is a well-lit four lane street with tram and bus stops with people on them.
>>1141057
Ad Prague:
If you like history, walk around the Old Town, Charles Bridge and all that is very nice, as well as the cramped, red-roofed Malá Strana on the other side of the river. Packed though, overpriced as well. Museums, I am sure you already know the obvious choices (I think they are pretty much all worth a visit), but I'd also recommend the Aviation Museum in Kbely, in case you enjoy this sort of stuff (pic related). If you like views, go have a couple glasses to the beer garden at Vyšehrad or go to the Petřín tower (a pleasant walk through a very nice park up there from Smíchov as well). If you are into nightlife, I'd recommend Žižkov, a lot of cool, ex-pat filled and alternative-ish pubs and a very nice hill (great views and a pleasant walk as well) called Parukářka, cool at night. Old and New Towns both also have a lot of enjoyable bars. I'd say the Zoo is rather nice. You might enjoy taking one of the ferries which take off from numerous places and are a part of the public transit, some offer good views and all that. Náplavka, the eastern riverfront is nice as well (I also like walking from there to the other side of the river across the metallic rail bridge), although it gets very cramped down on the river level at nights.
>>
>>1141057
Has anyone traveled from amsterdam thru belgium to get to france ? Are there any border checks or searches? Travelling by bus if that makes a difference.
>>
>>1141650
Yes there are border checks, so don't bring any weed you degenerate
>>
>>1141650
About as many as on your usual Schengen border, that is to say, none at all.
>>
>>1141725
There are border checks currently, not extensive but there are
>>
>>1141650
did Brussel - Amsterdam

got my passport looked at on the bus. Police get on at the border and look around at the passports for like 20 minutes
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.